Five on Friday - Week 30

{ONE:}
      My blog has officially reached one hundred thousand views. 
Not that I have a blog to really gain popularity..... I started this blog 5 years ago as a way to keep a journal and photo album but I just found it really cool that I've had this many views! I still get occasional emails or facebook messages from women I've never met, letting me know they appreciate some of my posts and read my blog often. Of course I'll never be a Stephanie Nielsen blogger but I enjoy writing my thoughts and sharing my family's fun times. 

{TWO:}
     I found this insanely adorable Owl cookie jar at Savers! I went looking for something to plant my succulents in that would be unique when I spotted this beauty! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with her yet. I thought about painting it to give it a modern look but maybe I will just leave it as is and use her as intended - - - a cookie jar.

{THREE:} 
part a
    My root canal went well on Monday. I bathed in Serenity & Balance doTerra oil to calm my nerves and took a hydrocodone before I left (my mom drove me) so that the pain wouldn't be so horrible. I have friends who had many root canals and claimed they hurt every time. I don't remember my two root canals from 14 years ago because they were emergency dental work and I was so young. 

To make the visit worth while though, I had my dentist shape my front teeth. I've never been self conscious of them until recently for some reason. I joked with everyone that they reminded me of the movie, Denis the Menace, when he knocks the old mans front teeth out of his dentures and replaces them with white Chiclets gum. I know my teeth would not have looked that way without the multiple injuries I've put them through.
I think in the long run, I'll probably end up getting crowns on them. They have visible cracks all over them and at the rate I hurt myself, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to take care of them now before I'm forced to - If I ever accidentally knock one out.

part b
     Daddy Lyle had his back surgery yesterday. He has been in so much pain from a mixture of things but mainly his Parkinson's disease. He practically confined to his recliner at home because it hurt too much to even walk.
The lead surgeon told Lyle that this surgery was very serious and he needed Lyle and the family that know that there is always a possibility of the surgery not being successful - ie, Lyle not living through it. The pain has been bothersome on so many levels but Lyle said he could not live a day longer with it and wanted to proceed with the surgery.
Thursday morning, they had a couple surgeons and a handful of nurses staffed and ready to go. The surgery took 8 hours!
Zj and I met Matt downtown around 5pm so we would go to the hospital together. Lyle was still in surgery so we never got to see him.
Hopefully today we should be able to see him. I'm so thankful the surgery was successful and I pray that  it gives Lyle the life back to him that he's been denied for the last few years because of the pain. 


{FOUR:}

I also harvested my tomatoes and began making salsa for the first time ever! After my root canal on Monday, my mom stuck around and helped me make salsa and taught me how to can it all. It was surprisingly easier than I anticipated. To make it even worth while - the salsa was so yummy!
My blackberries, apples and peaches should be ready within the next couple weeks so I can make more stuff from my garden.



{FIVE:}
     All in all, this week went really well. Zj went to daycare Monday and Tuesday so I was able to get a lot done in and outside the house.

On Wednesday, we spent the morning at my friend Joyce's house. ZJ played with her two kids, Amelia and Crosby. By noon, the kids were all cranky and Zj needed a nap so we left.
I just love Joyce - if I could pick a handful of wonderful Christlike women in the world, Joyce would be one of them. She is so kind and loving and has such a desire to share, support and reach out to others! I'm so thankful that our friendship from when we were 10 or 11 could be rekindled!

On Thursday, my other friend Kristin invited Zj and I to go to lunch with her at the Pad Thai House on the corner of Five Mile and Overland. Great place to eat!! She is another one of the selfless women that I'm so lucky to get to know!




This weekend should be low key. We were hoping that our boat would be out of the shop and maybe take it out. Matt's friend Kevin just purchased a boat and might take us out Sunday if we aren't ready to take ours.
Also, I sold my bike Thursday night for $375, so I am on the hunt for a new one. I really want a Specialized Myka but all the new ones are between $500 and over $1000, which I'm not ready to fork out that kind of money right now. Maybe Craigslist will surprise me and I'll find the perfect one.

Life is good. :)


Update -
Craigslist didn't let me down.....

Matt found this killer deal on a Specialized Myka. It is a year newer than my Hardrock and they were asking $200! Which means I made $175 by selling my older bike! Whoo hoo!!
I had to drive to Bogus to pick it up but we were able to stop by Matt's work afterwards and show it off to him.
Zeplin wanted to ride on it and was relentless! I'm glad I gave in because he was complete giggles during!
After work, we decided to purchase a child carrier that attaches to the seat. Daggum thing was a beast to put on but ZJ loves it so much more than the bike carriage.

We've decided to go for a bike ride this weekend.... It's going to be fun!!!

No comments