Vance Family Vacay!

The Vance family (my sister - Melissa, brother in law - Nick, and their three kids - Jordan, Ashton, Kali) made it to our house Wednesday evening after their 5 hr drive from Utah. This vacation is a yearly thing and we look forward to them coming every year!

After some dinner, we all went to my parents house in Nampa. We chit chatted with my parents while all the kids had a water fight in the back yard. My adorable dad made a handful of pvc pipe water guns so the kids each had one. 
Zeplin wanted to be apart of the big kids so bad. He pretended to fill up his (broken) squirt gun in the bucket and ran around giggling when all the water was being sprayed. Simply adorable!

Thursday was a blast. Sara and her children came over in the morning and we let the kids play while we chatted. Matt had to work and I really missed him. 
We loaded everyone up, grabbed lunch at Wheelers in Nampa, then headed to a park to eat and play. The absolute best part of the day (and whole week actually) for me was when we were all eating lunch, it got a little quiet and I turned to Zeplin and said, "Zeplin, say ‘Grandma, I love you’” and as plain as day, he said exactly word for word, syllable for syllable, ‘Grandma, I love you’
We all started laughing because we couldn't believe it. But it really made me happy!
 The kids played on the park equipment for awhile. But the sun was so hot and it made the toys difficult to play on. So, we loaded everyone back up to another playground and played kickball. It was a blast!
Zeplin didn't care about anything but the water puddles and the sticks.
We finished Thursday with How to Train Your Dragon 2. (Best movie ever - in my opinion)


Friday started our rough. Zj woke up around 7:30am and was a little bit of a grump. The kids did their best to cheer him up until it was time to go swimming. I think I need to have mother's drop their kids off to me so they can entertain my son occasionally. 

 We chose Lucky Peak Park to spend the day. We usually go to Eagle Island Park but it is closed and being drained since more than a handful of people contracted the Norovirus after swimming there.
It was insanely hot outside but the water was freezing.

Zeplin refused to swim in the water at first. Even I felt it was a little too cold for him. My parents, the Grant kids and the Epling Family met us there shortly after arriving.

After lunch, Zj started dragging one of the tubes toward the beach. I picked him up and we made our way down to the water. He was still reluctant but after a little coaxing to just sit on my lap and splash, he really enjoyed himself.
He fell asleep on my chest as the water softly rocked us and I sang, "Baby Mine." He probably would have slept there for hours but the sun was so hot. My knees were burning and I knew his sensitive little skin would probably be too, even though my mom brought down a shirt to cover him. 
Melissa helped me pack him back to the top of the hill so he could continue sleeping. 

We got home around 6:00pm with the Vances, Grant kids and my parents. It was intended that we roast marshmallows at our house but plans changed - the kids watched a movie until Matt and I got back from getting pizza's for everyone. 
My dad slept while the rest of us laughed and talked. 
Once everyone left, I couldn't wait to go to sleep. 

Then 2am happened. Zeplin woke up screaming. Matt tried to comfort him but to no avail. We brought him to bed with us listening to Z cry out periodically. Needless to say, Matt and I didn't sleep. 
We waited for the Vance's to wake up to make our plans for Saturday
Zj wasn't pleasant company again that morning so we declined going to breakfast but met up with the Vance's afterward when we needed to go to Cabella's. Then we were off to Ivy Wild Pool. 

We all had fun! There were a lot of people there but it didn't feel crowded. And for only $9.00 for the whole family - I sure didn't complain! 
 Zj struggled to enjoy himself. I think it's because we woke him up from a quick 30 minute nap. He acted like he was afraid. It was odd because he's never been afraid of the water.


He eventually got the hang of the water and wanted to play on the kiddy slides and splash in the water.



Matt and I decided to take Zj down the big slide. We saw other parents taking their little down the slide although none of them as young as Z. Although we were a little nervous, we knew Zj would love it..... And sure enough, he did! He came out of the slide and water with a huge grin on his face!!  




Next thing I know, Zj is grabbing my hand to take him down the slide, not one time, not two times but 10 times!!! He loved it more than I imagined! Once we regained our footing, Z would put himself in a swimming position and kick his feet and splash, pretending to swim.

 Grandma Cindy showed up just as we were deciding to call it a day. Zj saw her and started yelling “Grandma Grandma!!” And grabbed her had to have her take him down the slide. Of course she couldn't because she didn't have her swimsuit. Instead she walked him out to the shallow toys to watch him play. We watched the other kiddos swim and play for a little while longer. Just after 5pm, we left for dinner to Dave & Busters.

 Dinner was good and the games were fun - it was my 1st time there and I wouldn't mind going a 2nd time in the future. 


We finished the night at Julia Davis Park where the Boise Schools put on a little fair and a “Movie Under the Stars.”


It wasn't everything I expected it to be unfortunately. The so - called fair was nothing shy of tents was volunteers painting hokey images on faces and other little crafts. The voice host was loud, obnoxious and talked way too much. And the movie didn't start at dusk - but actually at 10pm. They played Percy Jackson, which is a dark movie so I can understand why they needed to wait until it was dark but we were all getting restless. We might have had more fun had we not been on the go all day too. :)

We left early. ZJ fell asleep and we wanted to do the same thing. 


I know this Clark family had a wonderful time. We are exhausted and looking forward to spending this Sunday at home relaxing and cleaning up from the last 4 days! Matt and I are both really sunburnt so we'll be nursing our bodies too!

Thanks for coming over Vance family! We had so much fun with you all and already miss you! Can't wait to see you in Utah a couple months!

No comments