Five on Friday - Week 34

{ONE:}
We are back to a ‘normal’ week at home.
A week without daycare, a week of endless laundry & dishes, a week of  re-establishing a schedule, and a new week of sickness.

Part One
Matt came down with something nasty last Saturday morning before we left Seaside. In the middle of the night (Saturday), his fever seemed to have broke, But all day Sunday he was still a mess. His face was bright red and he was still kind of hot to the touch. I had been battling a sore throat while we were gone but it never escalated to a fever so I'm not sure where his sickness came from unless his sinus infection from 2 weeks away never went away.......
My poor hub was cursed with poor sinuses and has had more sinus infections and bronchitis this year than I have had in my whole life. The thing with Matt getting sick is when he gets an infection, he shuts down completely. It's hard to see the person you love in such a low physical state.

He had an appointment to see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor on Wednesday and it went as expected.
Matt has to take antibiotics, steroids and nasal sprays for the next 2 weeks then go in for a CT Scan of his sinus on the 10th of September.
He might have polyps that are acting as a petri dish causing his continual infections. Praying that all the things prescribed to him will help. I'm also throwing in some essential oils into the mix. If the meds don't work, Matt will have to have surgery so I really hope the ENT doc can help him in the long run without surgery.
Thankfully he started feeling better immediately following the office visit.

Part Two
I had my post miscarriage OB appointment on Wednesday morning too. It was a little daunting. I went in praying that my body had taken care of itself and we would be able to move on from this low point.
I was given good and bad news - but the bad news is fixable....
Good News: I didn't need to have my parts checked since my bleeding lasted less than a week and I was feeling normal. Doc is positive that my body did what it was supposed to do in expelling all the tissue. I need to be cognizant of my cycles and the way I feel hormonally.
Bad News: Doc speculates that I might be experiencing some low progesterone. We have been trying for baby #2 for a year and he said with a woman such as myself, in good health without any real issues could experience infertility issues (post baby) due to low progesterone which could be a product of my endometriosis.
We went over the symptoms of low progesterone and I had over 95% of them - including, insomnia, fatigue, extreme mood swings, weight gain/inability to lose weight and migraines. He also mentioned having my thyroid checked too.
So I'll be heading back in about 8 weeks from now - pending my hormones & cycles go back to normal then.

Doc said to wait a couple months before we try to get pregnant again. I dunno - we'll see. After the miscarriage, I cried that I wasn't ready and told Matt we should wait. He acted sad about it. I realized that he was ready and he wants another baby so bad. I only had selfish reasons why I wasn't ready at that moment. I look forward to growing our family in the future... whenever that may be.



{TWO:}
Neo and Megan had their 2nd baby while I was gone! His name is Lucas.
 Matt & I couldn't wait to finally meet him - the whole week we were in Seaside, I was on pins and needles waiting for Megan to post more pictures on Facebook for us to see. 
I made sure that the day after we got back, I would go see them. Emma, their oldest - now 2yrs old-, was just 4 days old when we went to meet her. I felt bad that it took a week to finally see Lucas. 
Unfortunately, because Matt was sick, I went without him. I brought my mom though so we could both hold this perfect little angel. 
He was tinier than I anticipated. He had tiny feet and hands - nothing compared to my monster son. 
He was lighter skinned than Emma was and didn't have as much hair but he was so handsome! 

We went back Thursday night to so Matt could finally hold little Lucas. Neo cooked us dinner and we visited with the other handful of family they had over. 
Megan looked stunning and Neo had a permanent grin on his face!
I love seeing my friends happy and I love still having good friends even after 10 plus years!


{THREE:}
I had a softball game Tuesday night.
I was nervous going back to the field - - - It was my first game in 2 weeks since I was gone last week and the week prior was my miscarriage. My team was so nice about the whole thing - 2 weeks ago, I text Sarah after I told the team I was going to be gone and asked her if she would tell the team why. She replied very kindly and I really appreciated what she said.
After the game she text me that they were all sad for me and wanted me to know that they loved me. It really made me feel good because in years prior, I never really felt like I was of much worth to the team. They were all best friends who did everything together and because I'm a bit more of an introvert, I tend to shy away from all of them. It was in my low moment that I really felt how genuine they were.

Going back to the game though.... WE WON so everyone was so happy to get a win in the books (they lost the 2 games I was gone).
I felt like I played well. I hit line drives right at the pitcher all night though. He missed the first one but was on top of all my next hits. He got so dang lucky on one of them! I didn't intentionally hit to him - I was trying to go opposite field.
I had some good plays at first. I'm still amazed at myself sometimes when I do the splits, which I had to do a few times. The ump laughed at me one time and said, “This isn't your first ball game eh?”
In my mind I'm thinking, ‘How many more seasons is my body going to let me do this!?’ hahahaha

My short stop, Nic, made me smile when he walked up to me and said, “We've really missed you. You are the glue to that keeps us together.” I just smirked at him, like ‘ya right,’ which he replied, “You think I'm joking!? I'm serious. It's not the same without you here.” Grak chimed in that he's much calmer and happier when I'm at the games.
It's funny how words can really boost your confidence. How lucky I am to be apart of a team of wonderful people.

The highlight of the night for me was taking Zeplin out to the field to give the other team a high five after the game. He held my hand and walked beside me with his fist pumped up high so everyone from the other team could give him ‘KNUCKLES!’ I've taken him out almost every game and this is the first time he's actually kept his fist out!!
Then he runs the bases and slams one foot on each base and yells BOOM! It's too cute. I'll have to record it next time. I look forward to teaching my son how to play baseball. Maybe he'll be a first baseman like his mama!




{FOUR:}
My garden is crazy! Check out these zucchinis! They were maybe 4 inches long when I left to the coast! Now, they're over a foot!
I gave one away to a friend and I'm saving another for my mom.
When they get this big, they aren't really good for anything except baking them in bread, or brownies. I ended up making 4 loaves worth of bread with the 2nd to biggest one.
My peppers should be good in another week so I can make & can more salsa.
In the next couple weeks I'm going to start chopping down most of the bushes in my garden so I can start again next year. :)


{FIVE:}
Thursday night we spent in Nampa. After visiting Lucas, we headed to our mechanic to finally get our boat out of the shop. It's been finished for almost a month but there was some miscommunication between Matt and the mechanic and ended up with us owing $500 more than we budgeted for. I was angry -very angry- and told Matt that I wasn't going to allow this screw up affect our family finances so Matt worked a little more at his other job to make enough money to get the boat out.... Anyways, we finally have it. Now he just needs to find time to take it out!

After picking up the boat, we headed to my parents house to pick up their old treadmill and elliptical. We made a trade with them for the workout equipment and I'm so excited to use it! I have no clue how we are going to fit it in our house though - We have too much stuff and not enough room. Especially if we get pregnant soon, we will have to buy a new house with more square feet or get a storage unit.
We didn't get home until 10:00pm and I was kind of freaking out about getting it into the house. The treadmill is an old ProForm so it's fairly light and the elliptical is a nicer NordicTrack and it's heavy! Fortunately, Matt's brother's felt my plea through my persistent texts for help and showed up. What would we do without them!??
I now have a treadmill in my living room (eventually will go upstairs in the theatre room) and we are keeping the elliptical in the garage. It is stupid heavy and I really don't want my husband and brother in laws to cart that thing around the house while I figure out where it should go!
Guess I don't really have an excuse not to workout now, eh? jk



This weekend should be pretty fun.
-Erik and Kimmy closed on their new house Thursday, so Matt & I offered to help them move/unpack tonight.
I can't wait to get some Journee loves! She's is growing so fast and is so cute!!!

*UPDATE*
We had so much fun!! Journee is getting so big and holds her head up now. Kimmy had to leave for a little bit and I watched little miss Journee while she was gone and while the boys were outside playing with Zeplin and talking about landscaping.
At one point Journee pooped and Erik about panicked while I was changing her diaper. Apparently he can't handle changing her dirty diapers so he doesn't like to be left alone with her. lol.
Zeplin had a ton of fun with Erik though. He climbed on him and played games with him. My poor son was assaulted by his dog, Koda - we witnessed Koda humping Zeplin when he fell down while trying to get away from Koda's incessant licking. My poor kid!
Erik and Kimmy's new home was beautiful though. It's just outside of Kuna in a new subdivision and super close to us! 


-My old college softball teammate, Tyree, is having a birthday party for her son, Miles, who is turning 1. We were going to try to go celebrate with them on Saturday but ......

-Matt had huge hopes to go camping Saturday night so he can hunt. He drew for an early hunt and he's determined to get something! I'd just be happy to fill our freezer with meat again! We plan to leave Zeplin with his Uncle Adam at our house over night too. Should be fun for all of us! Adam will probably take Zj to church so all the single ladies can love on him. Oooo, maybe Adam will secure a future wife..... nah. :)

-It's my 10 year high school reunion this Saturday as well. Can you believe it's been that long? I'm not going - I have too much planned for the weekend and Facebook makes it hard to not already know what's going in peoples lives. Maybe a 20 year reunion would be fun. Everyone will be done having kids and are settled and that's when catching up would be fun.
Besides, all the people from high school who I love and care about are my friends still and get to see them often. I hope everyone else has fun though.


Zj has enjoyed being home this week. He slept every night for at least 12-14 hours and took his normal 3 hour naps in the middle of the day.
We wrestled, watched movies, did arts and crafts (hence the washi tape on his chest) and he had some quality time with Quincy. He tries so hard to give her kisses and hugs but she's a brat. She won't have anything to do with him unless he's trying to play with her using her toys OR unless she can convince him to help her get outside.



No comments