Seaside - Day 6 (Friday)

Friday was an odd day. Right out of the gate, I was maxed out and sick. It seems like when you are sick on vacation, you are 10x more sick than you would be at home. I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything except relax and get feeling better. 

Zeplin was exhausted too and a little on the grumpy side but somehow the two of us were convinced to go back to Cannon Beach to see Haystack Rock and the tide pools. I'm glad we went. The tide was low so we were able to walk all the way to the rock and see all the living creatures. Matt brought his GoPro and captured a lot of the under water fish, crabs and starfish. 

When we let Zeplin out, Bryanna buddied up to him and they played in the sand together. We were surprised how close he got to the water. He even reached out and picked up a little hermit crab. I lucked out and found a teeny tiny sand dollar!
After some family pictures, more sight seeing and people watching, we headed back to the car.





The rest of the day was exactly what I needed. 
We went back to the hotel and let Zj rest for a little while, then went to Doogers again for lunch. 
Between lunch and dinner was a little bit of a blur for me. I started to feel so sick, like throw up and pass out sick. 
I know we went swimming and I spent almost the whole time in the hot tub. Matt and Zeplin played in the kiddy pool. Passer-bys couldn't stop laughing at Zeplin's high energy for the being in the water. 

Next thing I know, I'm in bed and asleep!
I remember Zj had thrown an orange over the balcony and Matt ran him into the bathroom to hide. Z screamed for 10 minutes until Melanie took him so I could sleep. 
What felt like a 20 minute nap was actually 2 hours. Matt woke me up, (and ZJ because he slept too) so we could go to Dan's room for steak dinner and a game of Rummy. I was still super nauseas but I was hungry too. I think my dizziness and nausea is probably my anemia - considering the miscarriage last week, it doesn't surprise me. 

Since we plan to leave Saturday morning, we spent the late night packing our stuff and taking it to the car. I put ZJ in his make shift crib and let him cry for 10 minutes until he went silent and I knew he was asleep. I think he'll be excited to be in his own crib and back on his schedule.
I'm looking forward to sleeping without a crick in my neck but I'm going to miss waking up to the ocean.

No comments