HEALING.

I've been dabbling with essential oil use for over a year and half and until recently, I haven't been using them to their full potential - just for little things here and there... But, when my OB talked to me about the possibility of having a hormone imbalance and gave me all the signs and symptoms of such, I decided to really dig in to all that doTerra essential oils have to offer.


After my miscarriage in August, I felt so sluggish, tired, bloated, depressed and in pain all over my body.
For the 3 months prior, I'd also been dealing with debilitating migraines and horrible insomnia. I mentioned my inability to sleep in weeks before but it just seemed to get worse after my miscarriage. I was so tired, mentally and physically to the point that my even my muscles hurt.  
I needed healing!!

As I started my research, I learned that if you have low progesterone, then you typically have high estrogen. (If you have too much of one then you have less of the other and visa versa.)
Effects of having high estrogen include anxiety, cyclical headaches or migraines, depressiondigestive issuesfuzzy thinking,  insomnia or fatigue, weight gain or inability to lose weight and more. All of these things, I was experiencing! It also meant that my body was not producing enough progesterone to carry a baby. Hence my miscarriage....

Follow along with me here........... There is so much more I learned!
Okay, remember when Z was 3 months and I had to have a 2nd surgery after my c-section when I developed a mass growing near my scar? After some lab testing, the results came back stating it was a ball of yeast that my body had encapsulated. (The Center of Disease Control in Boise wanted to do a study on what happened to me but I said no.... Maybe I should have done it because doctors don't recognize Candida as a medical issue. Only those who study in homeopathy do. I regret not having let them do the study.)

Remember, also, the 4th of July when I passed out and Matt rushed me to the ER? They took my blood and tested it to see if there was some kind of infection. When I called 2 days later to get the results, the doctor said my blood was perfect but they did find yeast! Crazy huh??

Anyways, I began to research yeast aka Candida within the body and through my research, I learned, it can mimic estrogen! EVEN CRAZIER!
So basically, I have an internal fungal/candida infection that is spiraling out of control, producing a chemical message to my body to create more estrogen - bad estrogen in fact.
I was mind blown. Between all the symptoms, feelings, sickness, surgeries and then a miscarriage - it all lead back to an out of control candida overgrowth.  

To talk to a doctor about this, you would be crazy. My previous OB's rolled their eyes at me when I told them. My new OB has been so receptive and communicates with me on what I've learned & how it makes sense medically. He offered to try and understand it better for next time we meet. I go in on the 26th for more blood work. 


In the meantime………
Matt and I came up with a routine to really help me. With the help of ClaryCalm, (rubbing it on my wrists and lower abdomen) my cycle returned on the exact day it would have, even had I not had a miscarriage. All my symptoms, including but not limited to: migraines, cramps, bloating, & moodiness, were completely absent! ClaryCalm practically cured my monthly symptoms/hormonal imbalance. 
Matt pulled me into his arms one day during and said, “This is the first time in all our years together that if you told me it was shark week, I wouldn't believe you.” 
I felt like a whole new woman.  
In addition to ClaryCalm, I diffused Serenity, Balance and Ylang Ylang. Those 4 oils just gave me the grounding I needed to stay focused, calm and balanced - day in and day out. I love to rub InTune on the back of my neck/spine, as well. 

I made a nightly ritual to bathe in lavender. Matt has been ever so gracious to give me foot massages every night afterwards. He uses Lavender and Roman Chamomile - Because of this, I have not needed to take Melatonin at night to help me fall asleep. 
I must add, we are quite the adorable couple - Most nights, I sit with my back against the headboard, with him sitting between my legs & my feet wrapped around his torso…In this position, I give him a back massage using Lavender, Breathe, & Melaluca (to help with his lung function & infections) while he massages my feet. 
We both feel so relaxed. We practically melt into each other touch. The time together also gives us the perfect opportunity to talk and laugh. Matt has noticed that since using the other oils, he wakes up feeling like he can breathe again. He's not as congested and his chest doesn't hurt.  

I rub the same mixture on Zeplin as I do for Matt since he seems to have the same bad breathing symptoms as his daddy. Z sleeps so much better at night because of the lavender and doesn't wake up hacking and coughing anymore either! He also gets a couple drops of Melaluca on & around his ears every morning and night - Since doing that, he has not had a single ear infection!!! 
Zj loves Breathe the most though.... I place a drop on his hands, prompting him to ‘rub, rub, rub’ his hands together and cup his hands to his nose and breathe it all in! It's quite simply adorable to watch! 


I've become so engrossed with doTerra & these oils that I also started using their vitamins. I use GX Assist, & PB Assist (the GX assist is a 10 day pill that you do monthly and the PB Assist is to rebuilt the probiotics AFTER the 10 day GX).... I also use their Life Long Vitality pack daily. 

Since starting all of these oils and vitamins, my body has become stronger, .... healthier even. 
I started to notice changes in my weight - Mainly, my tummy doesn't look nearly as bloated as it used to and the pains in my abdomen, lower back and stomach completely went away. My digestive function is practically normal and I don't have days of discomfort. Some friends thought maybe I was developing IBA or Crohn's. It was a terrifying thought. 
If ever Matt or I get a tummy ache after something we eat, we immediately rub DigestZen on our tummies or take a capsule. Within minutes, the pain will have completely subsided. (Matt loves it because it makes him fart & because he's gross, he thinks it's hilarious. . . Okay okay,  maybe I think it's funny too.)

It's as if my whole body has been going through a transformation. 
Why I haven't taken all my symptoms seriously in the past, I don't know? My cousin, Megan, came over to my house and helped me get organized to do a candida cleanse over a year ago and I didn't really put forth my best effort to do it. I might have saved myself from all this misery had I just done as I was told the 1st time. 

I feel like I'm on a good path of healing... from the inside out. I am thankful for these oils! If I went to a doctor to have all my symptoms tested, I probably would have been prescribed pills (some pills feed candida), and I would have been in worse shape, - never really having gotten to the root of my problem and spending hundreds of dollars for nothing!
With the oils, I'm spending a fraction of the cost for a doctor and I actually notice results... good results and not just a bandaid.  

1 comment

Marcel & MaryBeth said...

So excited to hear how well your oils are working for you. I'm getting better but still feel like I could probably be using them better but I have been diffusing on guard like crazy now that Marcel is back in school. I should probably start rubbing some on his feet.