Five on Friday & a Bonus - Week 44

Happy Friday!!! and
Happy Halloween!!!

{ONE:}
Last Saturday, we got invited by the Blair family (Kimmy and Journee because Erik is working) to go to Boo at the Zoo!! 
The entire Blair girls were there (Erik's mom (Micki), sister (Bethany & Jackson) and sister in law (Amber & Lily). Matt was kind of odd man out but that's what I love about my husband - he's such a great sport! 
We all dressed up as skeletons and felt pretty silly. But looking back, even now, I'm super glad we did dress up. We are a fun family like that..... 

Anyways, it was lots of fun. There were entirely too many people and trying to find a parking spot was insane. It would have been great if they could have done Boo at the Zoo a couple times before Halloween instead of just the one time. We couldn't really see any animals because of all the people so that was the only bummer. 
I'm glad we went though. We had a great time as a family and with friends!! 


{TWO:}
I got a triple dose of Journee this week with Boo at the Zoo. On Monday & Wednesday, Kimmy needed a babysitter - Zeplin and I were the lucky ones to watch this little blue eyed beauty! Monday was a rough time. She cried pretty hard after her mama left.
Wednesday was about the same. Eventually, she calmed down. I gave Zeplin a bath and let her sit on my lap while I blowed bubbles at the two of them. Zeplin shared his blocks with her but started throwing them so we had to put them away. She just laughed at Zeplin which I think encouraged him to be a turd.

If Kimmy gets a job, I've agreed to babysit. It will just be two weeks a month since Erik will be home the other two weeks.
I've learned since having her, 2 children is definitely harder than 1 AND Zeplin spoiled me. I about had a breakdown of my own when I couldn't get Journee to stop crying. Zeplin never did that to us so when I couldn't calm Journee, I wanted to cry.
It will be fun to babysit Journee everyday. She's a doll and Zeplin loves to give her hugs and kisses. I've already claimed her as my future daughter in law.... Besides, Zeplin and Journee are named after two of the greatest rock bands in history, of course they'll make the greatest couple in the future. lol. 


{THREE:}
My parents surprised us Sunday afternoon by making a trip to my house. I had just put Z down for a nap and was watching a movie. (Matt was working)... Although I was shocked when I heard the knock on my door, I was so happy to see them!
My dad needed to use the treadmill for something and ended up watching an entire movie in the theatre room afterwards while my mom and I talked downstairs.  Zeplin was screaming in his room because he couldn't sleep so my dad yelled down to me, “Can I give him some loves??” Of course I said yes - I would never deny my son some cuddle time with his grandpa.
When Matt got home, I decided to go upstairs and check on them. They'd been quiet for more than 30 minutes that I thought they were asleep. But they weren't ---- Zeplin was sitting on my daddy's lap, while they watched the Hunger Games. It was so cute and perfect - I was happy to capture the picture.

After the movie, my dad came down and we all just sat, visiting and laughing at Zeplin. He was happy and hyper and wild.




I love my parents so much! They've been so supportive of me, my husband, our life & love together and this little family we've created. My mom & dad have come a long way and I'm grateful for their friendship. I've always had a unique relationship with them....Maybe it's because I'm the baby and they just got tired.... Or I've just figured out how to keep them wrapped around my finger.... (lol - all in fun).....
I still get a little jealous of my siblings and their children.... they've had them for so much longer than me and my son ---- I'm going to milk as much time out of these two beautiful people as I can!!

{FOUR:}

We went to a church Trunk or Treat Thursday night. Although it was fun, Zeplin was afraid of the masks and big men all dressed up. He got away with a lot of candy though and I'm sure he had fun.

{FIVE:}
We carved pumpkins on Tuesday night!! We weren't going to but when I saw Paul's had their pumpkins marked down to 14 cents per pound, I bought two.
Matt and I had a great time. I wish Zeplin would have enjoyed himself but he was not thrilled with getting his hands dirty. Eventually, he held the pumpkin guts if I handed them to him but he refused to reach his hand in to grab them himself. Poor kid was almost traumatized when I first pulled the guts out and tried to get him to touch them.

Anyways, I ended up carving out an owl. She was supposed to be cute but turned out looking more evil than anything. Matt went with a traditional jack'o'lantern. He was feeling a little uncreative that night.

But they turned out so cute!


Bonus!!
I want to talk about my son's most recent obsessions.

Part 1- His Bed. This piece of furniture has turned into his toy chest. Every night when we put him to bed, he continues to play until finally passing out - on top of almost every single toy he can place on his bed.
Occasionally we will wake up to loud thuds of toys falling off the bed.... a few times those loud thuds have been my son. He will climb back into bed,... well, part of him will climb back into bed while the other half of him hangs off the side. We enjoy checking on him every so often to see how cute he is.

Part 2: His communication skills are incredible. He amazes me daily on how smart he is and how much he comprehends.
Wednesday, I was putting dish detergent into the dish washer with Zeplin over my shoulder. I heard him say a word and I couldn't quite make it what he was saying.
He kept saying it over and over “Bue, bue, bue.” When eventually he points to the dish detergent, I notice the color is is BLUE. I turned to him and smiled from ear to ear, applauding him for noticing the color ‘BLUE!’

The other day I couldn't make lunch fast enough to settle the grumbles in his tummy. He cried and cried until I looked over my shoulder to see him rubbing his eyes. I asked, “Are you tired or are you hungry?” to which he replied, “Hungry.”
I love that Z is getting to an age where he tells me what he wants, and when he wants it.... but we are now working on patience. LOL

I think we still have a ways to go & I suspect it will be a battle if he acquired my lack of patience.

 Part 3: His Uncles! I don't need to say much about this obsession besides that fact that he has learned to say Uncle and will run around their house yelling “Mommy, Daddy. Uncle Uncle Uncle!!”

 Part 4. DUTCH BROS Coffee!! Well, not so much the coffee for him. While Matt enjoys his Americano and I crave an Iced Passionfruit Black Tea, Zeplin is filling his veins with warm Chocolate Almond Milk or a Peach Smoothie. I'm not kidding when I say, he clings to his drink like it's an IV.


He also loves bike rides and walks around the block.... We've been blessed with some semi good weather this week so we took a few bike rides while we could.

No comments