Five on Friday - Week 43



I don't know what happened to this week.
Last weekend was a blur. It had it's highs and lows. It started with a game night (instead of a movie night) on Friday with Adam. I was winning all the way until the very end. It was very devastating to me because I never win cards, unless I cheat. This time, I didn't cheat at all and almost won.

On Saturday, We went to a birthday party for Payton at Chuck E Cheeses. It was noisy and chaotic but we had a great time.

That night, we had family dinner at Joyce's and it was wonderful! Trevor and Matt got along great! I wanted to give Joyce a mental high five for our successful collaboration. lol. On the way home from dinner Matt brought up that we are really lucky to be friends with the people we have - though they be few, they are beautiful!

Sunday was..... a whirlwind. To be honest, the days are blowing past me and I feel like I'm struggling to catch up.


{ONE:}
Matt and I celebrated 4 years of ‘Love at First Sight’ on Thursday. It was a funny sappy day for the two of us. We even baked a chocolate zuchinni cake to celebrate that night.

This special day was the day we went shooting with a group of mutual friends and the moment I saw him, I was in LOVE - Not really in love but I knew within my heart that he was going to be important to me one day. I remember impressing him with my amazing skills with a gun - his gun in fact.
Matt remembers most of the day and said he wished I was single (then).
He thought I was pretty cute. lol. And I'll admit, I thought he was mighty handsome and still is...

Things happen for a reason. We laugh all the time about how our lives worked out the way they did. He is my soul mate. I was drawn to him by God's own grace, that day, in 2010. Funny how things happen like that huh?


{TWO:}


I spent all day with Kaycee on Monday. I got to her house at 10:30am and didn't leave until almost 3:30pm. We laughed and talked while the littles played. Zeplin learned how to do jumping jacks - although he's not very good, it was very cute!

 Zj is starting to recognize and be comfortable around Kaycee and the kids. He walks up to Kaycee and says her name, gives them all hugs.... it really is great to see my best friend become Aunt Kaycee to my son. I love when her kiddos call me Aunt Dessa.

Kaycee and I were going to hang out again on Thursday after Brynlee's gymnastics. But Zeplin had a major meltdown and needed to stay home.


{THREE:}
We painted pumpkins Tuesday night!!!

Zj has started squinting his eyes and half smiling as of lately.... little knucklehead.


Painting was messy and short lived. Zeplin only wanted to paint his body and floor. I used some puff paint to draw a quick bat and stars on my little pumpkin. I think this will be more fun when he's a little older. We are supposed to be carving pumpkins with the McFarlands this weekend.... Maybe he will like that more.


Painting doesn't really seem to be the best idea for a toddler.... I don't know how daycare used to do it with all the kids!



{FOUR:}
Zeplin spent a few hours with his uncles on Wednesday night after Matt got home from work. I could tell he was needing a break from his mommy and I was needing some time to clean my house. I can't clean when he's napping because he's a light sleeper like me. If I even sneeze, he will wake up and start yelling for me. And I can't clean when he's awake because he won't still quietly long enough for me to clean a spot without him making a mess.

I felt really bad about shooing him to be honest.... but I got a lot done. I understand it will just be a matter of time before my house is a mess again but at least for the time being, the dishes are clean, the floors are swept and vacuumed. I was so excited to go pick him up from his uncles. I practically ran to the door to get him.
Even with how boring it can get being a stay at home mom, I wouldn't go back to work for any money in the world.
He's my most favorite person to share the first slice of homemade banana bread that I make in the middle of the day!


{FIVE:}
To elaborate on the whirlwind of Sunday... Matt and I were all geared up to go to Nampa to take pictures of my parents. I sent my mom a message to let her know we were a little bit early. Her reply, “We are headed home too. Just left er.” She got a new phone so it's often that she misspells things.
My reply, “Why are you leaving church early.”
Then she says, “NO Emergency Room.”
I immediately thought it was my dad. He was just out of the hospital for something different last week too. I called my mom..... I was probably a little harsh when I practically yelled, “What the hell happened?!”
She sounded tired as she replied, “Dad took me to the hospital because we thought I was having a heart attack this morning. Everything is fine. I've been released but I had what's called TIA.” As she explained it to me, all I heard was Stroke. Since we were already close to her house, I decided to wait until we got there to talk to her more.
I googled TIA while we were driving..... My mom had a warning stroke aka mini stroke. Basically her body is telling her she needs to make some changes or she will have a full permanent stroke. When we got to her house, she was on the phone with my oldest sister. She was holding her left arm and I could tell it kind of hurt to talk. As the hours past, I noticed her eye was a little drooped and watering. She said her arm still hurt, her jaw was sore and her eye was a little fuzzy. I also learned she's been having these episodes for the past 3 weeks and didn't tell anyone because she didn't want to worry her family.
If you don't know my mom, she won't say shit even if she has a mouth full of it.  Even the same, she won't tell you she's hurting even if she has a knife in her side.

She will still have to go through a few different series of testing to determine what cause the TIA. She had an echogram Monday.
I called her every day this week to check on her - probably more for my peace of mind. Every day she confirmed that she was feeling okay.
When she got her results from Monday's test, her doctor said it wasn't normal. She is being referred to a neurologist and will have a stress test done to try to get more answers now.

On a side note......My big joke with her was reminding her when I was admitted to the hospital with Zeplin because my blood pressure was so high they thought I was going to have a stroke. It was the only reason they delivered him 3 weeks early.... anyways, the joke was that she should have requested an ultrasound to make sure she wasn't pregnant..... (probably not funny to anyone but us.....lol)


This upcoming weekend is up in the air. Guess we will just see how it all pans out.

No comments