The Human Scale

I do a horrible job of remembering a lot of the cute things Matt does so I try really hard to write them down in a notebook.
But this one is blog worthy.

Moment #1.....
Matt came home one day last week and took off again to grab some groceries with Zeplin. When he came back, my son was carrying a small bouquet of flowers. I stopped cooking dinner so I could kneel down to Zeplin's level and accept my gift. He gave me the biggest hug and handed me my flowers. ....


Moment #2......
Matt and I were sitting on the couch in quiet waiting for Zeplin to finally fall asleep when I turned to him and said, “Babe, will you please get new batteries for my scale? I'm trying to lose weight and I can't do it without knowing where I start.”
He immediately replied NO - very firmly.
I was a little taken back when he elaborated on his response stating, “What Zeplin and I think of you is all that matters. We don't care how much you weigh and what size clothes you are wearing. We love you just the way you are....”

Although I'm used to this response, I stood my ground and asked for my original request. He reiterated his NO, but surprised me with what he said next.....
“I'LL BE YOUR SCALE”
He laid his hand flat then told me to take my index finger and press down on the middle of his palm. As I did this he yelled out, “Beautiful!” “Gorgeous!” 
I laughed out loud! I decided to retract my want for batteries and promised to rely on him.

I have the best husband and scale in the world!

No comments