Family Trip to Swan Falls (Photo Dump)


On Sunday, we loaded up our little family of three and headed to Swan Falls Dam, which is just past Kuna. 
It was terribly cold and foggy but the forecast called for sunshine and 48 degrees so we decided to tough it out!

While it was still chilly, we walked on the roads with Zeplin in his stroller. He was very upset that we wouldn't let him down to walk on his own. 

After about a mile, we turned back to the car with the intentions to load up and go home but magically, the sun started to shine! We had the biggest smiles on our face, making the decision to cross the dam and go exploring!


We let Zeplin lead the way on the trail. I was surprised with how well he did and followed our instructions! He stayed close to us, found little rocks to throw, and a big rock to sit on!

 The best part of the hike was when Matt and I were deliberating if we should go any farther and Zeplin, who was already climbing up the side of the hill, said to us, “Come On! Now!” Matt and I turned to each other and busted up laughing! Zj was desperate to keep walking!

We wandered around the hills for another hour until all of us were too hungry to stay.

Once we got to the car, Zj changed his mind and wanted to stay and play in the grassy area with his daddy. I pulled out my camera to capture his smiles and his beautiful ice blue eyes as they glistened with happiness!

He would fall down in the grass and yell, “Sun! Sun! Look Mom, Sun!” (He was like a dog who's never been let out of a cage!)





 We walked for 4 miles overall and I hit my daily 8k step goal!
We grabbed a yummy lunch at Subway and headed home! Zj slept amazing when we got him into his bed. He actually didn't want to wake up for dinner almost 2 hours later!

Matt sat down with me tonight with a smile on his face and said, “Days like this motivate me and refuel me for my upcoming work weeks! I'm blessed to have a family who enjoys getting in touch with nature as much as I do!”

Really, I'm the blessed one.... with these two men in my life..... I'm most definitely blessed!

No comments