Five on Friday - {Week 13}

{ONE:}
I finally started editing my blog book this week on blurb.com.

It was frustrating and I got angry during the downloading process. Regardless of how nice a computer you have, (I have a MacBook Pro), if you have a program that requires Java, you're in for a world of frustration. And unfortunately, Blurb's software requires a Java program that I didn't have and couldn't find to download. Eventually Matt found it and fixed the bugs but it wasn't without it's share of bad words.

Then, trying to download all the 1800+ pictures and entries from 2014 was like trying to get Zeplin to poop in a potty! The program would tease me to 99% completed upload then crash! 5 times in 3 hours!
It was completely infuriating. By the 6th attempt, it finally connected. I did a happy dance in our living room that scared Zeplin.

On any given day, I would recommend Blurb to publish your blog books. I've been using them for the last 6 years to publish mine but I was really frustrated with the inability to import my blog into their software.

It usually takes me awhile to complete my book and publish it. (That's if I can scrounge up the $200+ to pay for it.) I try to edit all the grammar errors, and arrange the pictures to my liking and keep the pages under 440. .
I really look forward to completing this years book and reminiscing 2014. It was a good year for our family!

{TWO:}

During the weekend, even with all the activities we did, Matt wasn't feeling well and it came to a head on Monday so he stayed home.
Matt brought Zeplin into bed with us around 7am and we all continued to sleep until 10am. Zj was a wild man when he woke up though. I know his wildness stemmed from having his daddy home.

Matt and Zeplin played quietly (as quietly as a 2 year can) while I cleaned some messes. Eventually, Zeplin was so crazy that we dressed him up to play outside. Although there was a crazy torrential downpour that morning, Matt and I didn't even think twice about the mess Zeplin could have gotten into but his little boy instincts proved to be strong. I had to hose him down in the sink before I could give him a real bath. He was so covered in mud and bark.


{THREE:}
Grandma Cindy came over on Tuesday and we were so happy! She played with Zeplin and watched movies while we attempted to carry on a conversation.





She tries to catch me up on the lives of my siblings. Our family is so big and they are all doing so many different things that we never really all get a chance to catch up and talk. My sister Melissa took her three kids to Disneyland last week for the heck of it. We didn't even know until she was there riding rides! 
My other siblings are all so busy with their jobs and children. I'm thankful for my blog so that I can share what I'm up to with my whole family & friends. I want to be better about calling my family & seeing what they are up to..... Guess I better start working better at that. 

{FOUR:}
We are turning into that biking family. You see us every where. On the greenbelt, in the subdivision, on the roads and even parking our bikes at the grocery store to get our groceries instead of driving.
I've absolutely fallen in love with my road bike. I took it to Ken's (bike shop) so they could adjust my handle bars, install a speedometer, and rewrap the grips in a teal color. It's a much comfier ride now that the handle bars were tilted upward.

Matt attached the bike carriage to his bike and we rode around the neighborhood to get a feel of having the carriage on his speed bike. He loves it because it adds a little more resistance, making the ride a little more of a workout.

We are keeping the child carrier on my mountain bike. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Zeplin is big enough that he can literally kick me in the butt while I'm pedaling but he is so much fun to talk to when he yells, “Mommy! Look. Look. Tree!!”


 I plan on taking him on a quick bike ride around Lake Lowell after practice today. It was always one of my favorite rides before moving to Boise and I look forward to sharing it with him!

*UPDATE*
We ended up going on our bike ride. As enjoyable as it was for me, Zeplin was really tired and attempted to fall asleep multiple times, only to be woken up by the bumps and jolts in the trail. 

 He maybe got a 5 minute power nap.

The sun was hot and unfortunately I didn't drink enough water so I was extremely dehydrated afterwards. That night, I suffered from a debilitating migraine, vertigo, and exhaustion. With these warmer temperatures happening earlier in the year, I need to be more careful. We'd hate to have another episode of heat stroke like I did last summer's 4th of July.


{FIVE:}
Since coaching softball, I feel like our family schedule is just off kilter & makes me a little emo.
Zeplin has been going to bed/falling asleep around midnight. It makes for a rough day when I try to wake him up any earlier than 10am. I feel like I can't make it to the gym in time to get a good workout before the daycare closes when he wakes up so late.
I'm rushing breakfast (and occasionally I have to make Zeplin eat his oatmeal while I drive) and we are usually grabbing lunch on the go. Then I have to drive all the way to Nampa to coach, which is another 3 hours (1hr driving and a 2hr practice) that I'm away from my family. If I'm lucky, Zeplin will sleep on our way TO practice. If he falls asleep on our home then he's up all night long. I have to hope and pray that Matt has dinner ready for us when we get home. Typically, unless I have it planned out for him, there isn't much of a dinner waiting.

I kind of miss having my days all to Zeplin. We could wake up, eat a great breakfast, go to the gym, then go to the library, then come home and have a yummy lunch. We would play until it was time for him to take a 2 hr nap as I clean, blog, or workout, then Matt would come home to a piping hot dinner. Once dinner was cleaned up, the world was our oyster and we could go biking, running, shopping, play guitar or just play games until it was time for bed.

*SIGH*

I miss our boring, predictable, beautiful schedule.


Jeremy's birthday was on the 26th and we are celebrating with all the brother's tonight. I always look forward to our Friday night dates & it's even more fun with our family & friends!

No comments