Steelheads Hockey, Spring Cleaning & Sunny Days

We had a fabulous weekend! Of course, it went by too quickly but we got a lot done & felt accomplished.

It started Friday.

After our morning gym session, Zj and I stopped by my friend, Tyree's, house to drop off some cookie dough she purchased from my softball girls & let Zeplin play with her son, Miles.


When we pulled up to their house, (after getting lost for 15 minutes), I spotted Miles through their screen door wearing a shirt almost identical to the shirt Zeplin was wearing. I laughed that these two were meant to be buddies! Tyree only has about 3-4 weeks left before her scheduled c-section but she's starting to feel like her little one might be coming sooner. (BTW, I absolutely love that she's not finding out the sex again. We loved not knowing what Zj was until he was born - the surprise & excitement is so amazing!!)

Anyways, while Tyree and I talked, Miles and Zeplin played & made a mess. Miles pushed Z around on his little push car while Zj laughed & begged for more. At one point, Miles had a little melt down and Zeplin walked over to him and asked Miles to “Please Push” him. Little Miles hopped up and they were at it again.

After an hour, I was starting to get hungry and I knew Zj probably was too so we headed home to eat.
We were invited to a mommy/kiddo play date at our neighborhood park. My usual response to invitations such as that is no, but we went anyways because I knew Zj would have a good time and Krystal, who invited me, has always been nice to be around.
While Zj played, I stood around, talking with Krystal and watching Zj. Krystal has a little girl who is just younger than Zeplin. She's she most darling little thing! Krystal and I share a lot in common so it was super fun to get to know her more.

Zeplin made the decision for us that it was time to go so we headed home after a bit and, cuddled to a movie, waiting for Matt to get off work.


5:00pm couldn't come soon enough.
Matt rushed through the door while I was getting Zeplin dressed. He scrambled to get changed and load us up since we had to be to Big Jud's Diner in less than 20 minutes.
Jeremy and Adam were waiting patiently for us. BTW, if you've never eaten at Big Jud's Diner, you should try it at least once. Home to the Big Jud Burger and featured on Food Network, they are delicious - even their chicken sandwich, which is ordered. Be warned, most of the food there is a gut bomb. Matt, who usually has a stomach of steel, always leaves that place groaning of the tummy gurgles. lol.

We hustled our way out and made the short drive over to Downtown Boise for the hockey game. I was surprised how easy it was to get from the top of the parking garage to the arena and even more surprised of the difficulty it was to procure our specified & already paid for seats!
There was a large, bald headed man who was determined to tell us that he paid for the entire two rows that his family was sitting it. It was a nightmare to inform him that he was wrong and sitting in our seats. So to avoid an altercation, Matt hit up the manager of seating who reseated us to better seats with food & drink service!
We thoroughly enjoyed the game with seats closer to the ice and hardly anyone around us. (We ran into my friends Ally & Jason Ryan who had their little guy, Barrett, with them! Jason was just recently diagnosed with diabetes and has been on dialysis ever since. It'll be a year before he can get new kidney's & a new pancreas. Please remember this wonderful family in your prayers!)

Zeplin couldn't have been any better of a kid. He was entertained, entertaining and interactive, even though he was terrified of the Steelheads mascot.
By the end of the game, Zj was starting to get lethargic and exhausted. He was still a good boy but very, very tired as he lounged on our laps.
The Idaho Steelheads ended up winning in over time so it was great to experience.








We headed towards the Uncle's house and helped Zeplin get changed into pajamas. It was as if it was no big deal that we were leaving him there as he waved goodbye and got comfortable on their couch watching Transformers. Matt and I went home and literally went right to sleep. It was barely 10:20 but I couldn't keep my eyes open. Sleep was calling my name.


Although we were groggy and probably could have slept another couple hours, Matt and I got up so we could go pick up our son and go to the gym. Zj was lounging on the couch eating fruit. We laughed with the brothers as they told us that Zeplin stayed awake for another hour after we left and pouted the whole way into Adam's room when they ushered him to bed. Adam said he fell asleep within minutes though.

Matt and I went with Adam to the gym for a couple hours while Zj played with the little kids in child care. Those two worked out together while I did my own workouts. At one point they were squatting 270lbs when I walked over to them and, jokingly, said, “Pffsstt. I can do that.” They laughed at me. With my own doubts fluttering in my mind, I hopped onto the machine, and proceeded to do 3 squats!!!! Adam was a little dumb founded & Matt had a proud husband grin on his face while I.... well, I felt a little light headed! Bah hahaha.

We wrapped up our workouts and went on our way.

Because we were a little amped up from our workouts, Matt and I decided to clean house/rearrange furniture and do some yard work until we had to be back to the brothers for lunch/dinner with the family.


 The family BBQ was short lived but a great break from chores to spend time with the family. Zeplin had a grand time with his Papa Lyle who we haven't seen in a month or more. His hair is finally growing back since his surgery and he had absolutely no tremors!!!!! It appeared his Parkinson's surgery really helped.
He's unable to walk without assistance from his walker but honestly, the sheer fact that he's not shaking uncontrollably was a beautiful sight to see!

After some cake and ice cream (it's Jeremy's birthday on the 26th), we headed back home to continue our spring cleaning.

Matt ripped out bushes from our front yard while Zeplin stomped on ants. I helped clean up weeds & leaves. It was such a relief to clean up the disaster fall & winter left for us.
Matt was a little grumpy at his inability to find some of his lawn tools that he got a wild hair to pull EVERYTHING out of our shed and re organize it. Since a lot of the stuff in there was mine (mostly decorations), I knew I needed to help.

It took the whole rest of the evening to complete this task. But we were happy with our cleaning efforts. I feels good to organize.


Sunday morning was rough for me. I woke up way too early and couldn't go back to sleep. 4 hours later when the boys woke up, Matt decided he wanted to run around town. The places he wanted to go to didn't excite me so I stayed home while the boys left. I enjoyed cleaning house and watching the Voice while they were gone.

Upon returning home, Matt surprised me with some new clip pedals for my mountain bike. I've been taking Zeplin biking a lot lately and have fallen in love with my clips on my road bike that I've been eyeing pedals for my mountain bike (since the child carrier seat is on that bike.)

It prompted us to go for a bike ride!

 We decided to try out the belt from Lucky Peak dam to the bridge at Columbia Village.

Zj fell asleep in the car ride over, so when we woke him up to go for the ride, he wasn't too happy with us. Usually he's completely ecstatic to be biking with us but instead he was somber and a little whinny.

Matt and I had a good time though. It was fun testing out our new pedals and new shoes for Matt.

Most importantly, the weather was beautiful. It was warm and the sun was shining. Winter was still trying to keep the trees from budding but the river was flowing and the air was filled with scents of spring!


This weekend really was a great weekend. I love when our weekends are busy because I appreciate the slow ones that much more.
I don't expect our weekends to slow down any time soon. I can't wait for summers when we can fill our days off with camping trips and even more bike rides!

No comments