Five on Friday - {Week 17}

This week dragged on. There were so many times that I felt bored out of my mind. I stayed as busy as I could; dehydrating apples, cleaning house, laundry, etc. I had more stuff I wanted to do but with our most recent purchase (which you'll read about below), I left me having to rearrange my time frame of things I wanted to do (like garden.)


{ONE:}
Zeplin got a head cold last weekend and it got a little better as the week went on. It's kind of a bummer that with modern medicine, we still haven't found a cure for virus' but with the help of our DoTerra oils, I was at least able to make his symptoms a little more manageable.
Zeplin loves the oils. Often times he will ask me for them by walking over to me and lifting his shirt saying, “Oils Mommy. Please.” (because I rub them on his chest.)
If I would have let him, he probably would have drank the bottle of Breathe during this sickness. It's by far his favorite oil.
All 3 of our diffusers having been going non stop with Breathe, Melaleuca, OnGaurd and Eucalyptus.

Zeplin was the worst on Monday when he woke up coughing and crying out for Mommy and Water. He got a little fever which I battled with Peppermint.

He was mostly better by the middle of the week. Just in time for me to work on Wednesday & Thursday (which I'm sure he got the little bug from the gym daycare.)

Speaking of, I talked to the manager and we are going to cut my days down to just 3 days a week. I've been having to pray for patience like I've never prayed before and Zeplin has been a little aggressive about going there. Not that the other children are naughty, it's just a lot of commotion. The manager agreed that it might be a good idea to get someone else there to help give a break. :)



{TWO:}
I've been so busy with everything going on in life that I've put my little design biz on hold. But just as I finally fixed my design program, I was asked to make a birthday invite for a friend. It was perfect timing. I had more fun than you could imagine. I absolutely loved the concept and am quite jealous for a couple reasons..... I wish we lived in St George with Hannah (it's where Tasha also lives) so we could all hang out, & let our kids play AND I wish the weather was warm enough to go swimming here too!!

Anyways, I'm happy to be designing again.


{THREE:}
My mom finally saw the doctor for her broken foot on Tuesday. I'm happy she finally went. Zeplin has been going to Kelsea's house while I practice and since she's in the subdivision, Matt has been picking Zj up after work and spending time with him until I get home. It's been super convenient for us but Zeplin really missed his Grandma and let us know!!

Back to my mom, the doctor didn't put her foot in a cast but in a better fitting boot. Her entire foot is covered in a bruise and still a little swollen, even after a week. Fortunately the bones are still in place, so time is all we need for her body to fuse them back together. She just needs to keep it stable and supported.

We decided that she can watch him 2x a week on Mondays and Wednesdays since those days just practice & shouldn't last more than 2 hours. On game days, Kelsea will take him because I don't have to be to the fields until 3:45ish so she will only have him for less than 2 hours too. There are only about 3 weeks left anyways.


{FOUR:}
My softball season FINALLY started this week (Thursday) and I couldn't be happier.
I felt a little stressed because my girls had their own game in Nampa that day and because my game was closer towards downtown Boise, I knew I was going to have to jet out early.

But, of course, all my worrying was pointless because I was able to make it to my game just in time. (I felt guilty rushing away because I felt like I needed to be there for the end conversation. I still feel guilty.) :(


We have a couple new girls this year, but everything else stayed the same. Both of the new girls are a lot of fun and really good so I have a feeling we will be just as successful this year as we were in years past.

We didn't play as well as we normally do and finished the game with a tie. I hit well but sucked on the field. I only had one great play and one play that would have been great but the guy hit the ball so hard, the ball took my glove right out of my hand!

It really was a blast though and I'm so happy to finally be playing my own games.

{FIVE:}
Last, but most certainly not least, Welcome Jayco to the family!!

Funny story.... Because I'm weird and like to find deals on stuff we already have, (imagine my husband's annoyed voice saying ‘We already have that.’....)
I decided to check out what Craigslist had to offer for a new camper. Like I said, we weren't really in the market for one because we already had our little Skamper, which was alright for our family. But if we are ever able to have another child, we would have out grown it.

Anyways, I stumbled on this pop up camper and it caught my attention rather quickly. It's almost exactly like the Skamp but newer, nicer and bigger... like more than double the size bigger.
To make this more enticing, the owner was only selling because he wanted something smaller! I showed the listing to Matt, who told me not to get my hopes up as I sent the owner a text to go see the camper.

A couple days passed and we didn't hear back from the owner until Monday night, just after Matt got home. We talked about his camper and made the arrangement to head over to his place and take a look. We were sold instantly but it was a matter of working out the details for our Skamper & add some cash to make it happen. I tried to be super transparent about our little Skamper. It's not perfect, it's 1982 old, but in our eyes, it was perfect & we have a lot of memories with that little thing! As the other owner was looking at our Skamp, I was worried he wouldn't like it and wanted him to know that he didn't need to commit if he didn't love it. But he said it was going to work for what he needed.

About 3 hours later, with signed bills of sale and completed the titles, we headed home with Jayco. We were grinning from ear to ear on the way home and even started making a list of all the places we want to go to this summer!
Since she's a lot bigger, we can't fit it in our garage anymore and have to leave it at my parents. We took it over Wednesday night to tuck it away on their lot.
I seriously can't wait to go camping. It's all I've been thinking about all week.



BTW
The weather, this week, has been perfect..... It's just been begging for us to let it shine it's beautiful rays on our face!








No comments