Five on Friday - {Week 22} MY BIRTHDAY WEEK

This week has been a great one. From start to finish - the best!


{ONE:}
Monday was Memorial Day which meant my husband had the day off.  He decided that I needed to have a day away from him & my son so he convinced me to go shopping with my mom. It was later that day that I learned he was the one who needed time away from me so he could plan a little something for my birthday. 
 My mom and I spent way too much money as she purchased some new Dansko shoes and I found a new swimsuit at Macy's. I was most happy to just be with my mom without much distraction. Especially since she's leaving to Georgia soon.

Matt and Zeplin had a great time. Zj requested that his daddy drive him around in the Jeep with the top down. Matt facilitated his request even though it ended up raining on us that afternoon and then continued to rain off/on for the few days following! hahaha. Poor Matt!


{TWO:}
This wasn't a shining moment in the week but it happened.....

Bella and Tedd chewed through some of the boards on our fence and ran away while I was at work on Tuesday.

I got a phone call from the animal shelter that someone had picked up Bella and wanted to know if she could bring her back to me. I was a little frantic as she said that there were two dogs running around but she could only catch one.
I ran to my backyard and found Teddi. He was covered in mud. I continued running around the backyard looking for holes until I found the half chewed fence planks.

I met the girl at a store around the corner from my house. She told me that both Bella and Tedd almost got hit by a car or two. When she picked up Bella, Mr Tedd must have ran back home since that's where I found him when she called.

I was a little angry when I got home. I had to lock both the dogs in the garage since I had no way of fixing the fence until Matt could bring home some new planks. We got it fixed later that evening. It's been in the 80's this week and I don't think it would appropriate for our pups to stay in a hot garage due to our laziness.


{THREE:}
My best friend, Kaycee, graduates from Beauty School today!! I'm so happy for her and can't wait to see what she does with her new future as a cosmetologist. She has so much opportunity and I love seeing her find success with something she's passionate about! She deserves it most! She's the most amazing best friend I could have ever asked for!!

{FOUR:}
I'm adding these screen shots only because they were so kind and sweet and thoughtful and I want to remember them. 

It's so easy to be non existent in this world or hide behind excuses to not be a friend but I have been so blessed. My mom & dad both called me (and my mom dropped by to be apart of my party.) My sisters and brother called me to wish me a happy birthday throughout the day. 
I got wishes from my family on Facebook and so many of my friends sent me text messages and/or shoutouts on Instagram. It really made me feel special. I've been so blessed with such amazing friends & family..... People that have seen me at my best and experienced me at my worst and they still love me and still take time out of their day to make me feel special. 





{FIVE:}
My birthday was yesterday. I turned 29. It's officially the last year of my 20s!! It feels so weird to know I'm going be 30 for my next birthday so I really want to make this last year of my 20's amazing!

It was a perfect day. Matt took the day off and we went to a park and nature walk with Zeplin. We stayed downtown almost the whole afternoon until it was time to head home and get ready for my ball game. My mom showed up and my husband said we were all going to go to the play ground at Willow Lane for some Cake and Ice Cream with my family.












Zeplin was pooped when we started on our way home. He got a great little nap during the drive. 

The rest of the day was wonderful as my husband came through with a cute little birthday surprise. . . a few of our wonderful friends showed up to surprise me too! Matt bought a cake and some drinks so we could all indulge in a little sugary goodness.


Apparently Matt thought calling me “Over the Hill” was hilarious. At least he made up for it with the candles! 





I finished my birthday night with a double header softball game at Willow Lane. We won both games and I played well. I love playing softball...
It was such a wonderful day!!! I'm so blessed with such a wonderful husband and son. I have the most beautiful mother who I am thankful she loves me as much as she does. And I have a wonderful father who have been so good to me & so loving as well.


I read a quote that said, “Two of the best days of your life are the day you were born and the day you realize WHY!”
It can take people a lifetime to figure out why they were born.... but for me, I already know & I've known for years .... I wake up daily next to one of them and I cuddle the other every chance I get! My husband and my son are my WHY! They are my reason. In my short 29 years of life, I've been so blessed to already have my answer to my entire existence. I am so thankful to God for this knowledge and for this opportunity to be a wife to my soul mate and a mother to a miracle! God is good!

Cheers to my last year in my 20s!! I'm sure it will be fabulous!

No comments