Five on Friday - {Week 30}

{ONE:}
We had the Vance family in town last weekend so a few of our days were filled enjoying time with them. We had the most fun on Saturday when we hosted a BBQ at the Warm Springs playground, Saturday afternoon in anticipation for swimming that afternoon.

The natatorium and hydrotube did not disappoint! For $18 x2, we got 60 slide passes and 4 hours of swimming! We had more fun than I can describe and laughed so hard our tummies hurt.
My mom started our family off going down the hydrotube and she screamed the whole way down. Fortunately we sent her down with the GoPro so we could capture the goodness. Everyone went down the tube at least twice and all enjoyed it. We all figured out ways to make it more of a thrill by spinning, and making ourselves go faster through the tube.

We took occasional breaks to swim and play on the diving boards. But we always made our way back to the tube.

Once our 4 hours were up, we took the family to Boise Fry Company so they could enjoy one of our favorite little restaurants only found in Boise. Then headed back home so look at the videos I took. We laughed so hard. Mostly at the video of my mom in the tube, Nick's booger, and my buoyant boobies floating to the top of the pool after jumping in. I complied all of them to an iMovie and it was quite the fun memory to relive.



The Vance family left after breakfast on Sunday. We took them all to the Griddle in Meridian off Overland Road. Everyone enjoyed breakfast but we were all sad to see them head back home so early. 
Can't wait to see them again!


{TWO:}
Matt took Monday and Tuesday off because we were originally going to go camping in Eastern Idaho with the Vance's. Instead of switching his schedule again, he kept his days off so he could rest and recoup from all the adventures we went on.

Monday was a lazy day. We did a little shopping and cleaning. I got to relax that night as Matt and Zeplin left to work on the boat.

Tuesday was more exciting. We woke up a little earlier and took a family trip to the movies to see Minions. Zeplin was completely enthralled with the show. He sat on Matt's lap the entire time, laughing and clapping, as if he knew exactly what was going on. We were really happy to see him enjoying a movie at the movie theatre.


After the movie, we headed to Nampa so Matt and I could have some 1 on 1 time at the Pickle Butte shooting range. We left Zeplin with his grandma & papa for a couple hours.
Matt and I had a good time. He mainly focused on his muzzle loader because that's what he drew for. He wanted to get some practice in. I focused on my .380 and .9mm. I am so much more confident with my 9mm that anything else. I think I'm going to sell my little .380 and get a smaller 9 for my concealed carry. It's just a better gun for me.

After shooting, we picked up Zeplin and headed home until it was time for my ball game.


{THREE:}
Speaking of my ball game, ... it was championship game for the end of season, upper middle co ed. We were undefeated in the tournament so had we lost the first game, we would have had to play a 2nd game.
Fortunately for us, there was no 2nd game! I think the softball director thought we were going to lose because he wanted us to take the +5 points that we could have taken but we declined it. (Basically, we are a division lower than the team (VC/DC), so they are supposed to automatically spot the teams they played 5 runs and we decided to decline.) We wanted to win fair and square.

I played well this game. I didn't make any miraculous plays. I made the plays that were thrown to me and even got a pop fly out. Everyone played so well - it was such a fun, competitive, and high energy game.
My hitting was amazing though! I laughed that it wasn't me, it must have been the baby helping me hit so well. My first hit was a fly out to left. (I joked with the pitcher that he psyched me out because he told his whole team that I was a great hitter.... then I hit it right to left field.) My next at bat was a line drive through 3rd and short, passed the left fielder... I got a double on that one. My last at bat was a single to left but I scored 2 guys. Thank heavens I have a runner though!

The last inning was super intense. We won each inning at least 3-5 runs ahead of VC/DC. By the 7th inning, we were ahead by 5 runs. They ended up scoring 3 more before we made the final out and the game was over 11-9.


We gave the other team their high fives and congregated behind the field to receive our trophy. 2nd place named their MVP and received their trophy then our captain, Ty, went up to receive ours. MVP got a super nice bat bag.... Ty got up and said he felt like MVP needed to go to a girl but he didn't know who to choose. The few from other team pipped up and said, “Your 1st baseman!” Then the pitcher rose his hand and said, “Can I pick for you!?” Then pointed to me.

I was a taken back by their kindness because to be honest, we all did so freaking amazing! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole night!

Zeplin got to take home the trophy for the team. He was beyond excited. He even kissed the figurines! He was my biggest supporter that night. Zeplin gave me kisses and knuckles through the chain link fence and cheered me on! A friend watching the game asked me if I could hear my son telling me to “find grass” while I was up at bat. I did hear him, fortunately, because ti was the cutest!

Grak, Megan, Chea, Megan, Bryanna, Nic, Cruz, Rachel
Ty, Chance, (Graks's 2 daughters) and Me (Zeplin)

It was a great way to end the season. But softball isn't over for me yet.... I decided to play through the rest of the fall season (August-September)... Unless my doctor says otherwise.
I'll be 4 months pregnant (about 16 weeks exactly) when the season ends and I was about 3 months pregnant when I quit playing with Zeplin. I wouldn't play if I didn't feel confident playing softball though. One of our girls is a month further along than I am and she's decided to quit softball but continue volleyball because she's more comfortable with volleyball.... I feel that way in softball.

We will have two new girls for the season to cover the one who's pregnant now and another gal who's getting her masters and needs to focus on that. I really look forward to fall ball!


{FOUR:}
Baby A's nursery is mostly complete - and has been for almost a year since we miscarried last August. I kept most everything the same theme - Woodland Creatures. It has been difficult this go around trying to keep it unisex. Matt and I both feel so strongly it's a girl but I get some inklings that it's a boy. I will do a separate post of the nursery some time soon.



{FIVE:}
How far along? 9 Weeks today. Baby is the size of a Green Olive and we've renamed it “BUG” (instead of Roo) because right now, I feel like I have a stomach bug. 
Total weight gain/loss: +1. I'm being very careful about what I eat because I could gorge on steak and potatoes. 
Maternity clothes? Not really.
Stretch marks? I should just delete this question...... YES! Hundreds of them. 
Sleep: Sleeping good. I've limited my daily naps so that I can sleep better at night. 
Best moment this week: I only threw up once this week!
Movement: Nope
Food cravings: My cravings have mellowed out. Occasionally I'll want weird things like Arby's (which I hate) and lemonade. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Most smells coming out of a bathroom & morning breath ... but I think that's even when I'm not pregnant. Yuck! 
Have you started to show yet: Nope
Gender prediction: No clue. This pregnancy is so different than my 1st but there are some similarities. 
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? IN
Happy or Moody most of the time: Surprisingly, I'm hardly moody like I was with Zeplin. The littlest things would trigger the most extreme emotions. I'm pretty laid back this go around.  
Weekly Wisdom: Relax & take naps when you can. 
Milestones: I can feel my “insides” growing. I'm having pretty intense ligament pain


For whatever reason, I'm struggling with not finding out the gender. I didn't mind with my first but this go around, I am really interested in knowing. Of course though, we will not find out and this struggle is probably just a phase. 

1 comment

Mallory said...

I recently traded in my 9mm for the new Ruger LC9s. It has the striker fire trigger in it and is small and light. I love it and definitely recommend it!