Five on Friday - {Week 31}


{ONE:}
Last weekend was such a blast! I received a last minute text from my friend Angie, inviting us to go white water rafting with her and Karlin the next day. Of course, I couldn't pass it up. It took a little convincing for Matt because he was battling a little eye infection that made him look like Quasimodo,  but otherwise, he was excited to go too.

The morning of, I felt horrible (Morning sickness getting the best of me). Matt didn't feel good either, but we forced ourselves to get up and get going because it will probably be a few years before we will do this again. (Considering it's harder to find babysitters for 2 kids vs. 1 kid.)

We met up with Angie and Karlin off Eagle Road and hopped in the car with them to make the drive up to Loman.

Angie and Karlin are probably our favorite couple to hang out with because they make us laugh so hard. There literally was non stop laughter in their car the entire 2 hour drive!

We got to our destination and followed instructions for getting signed in, fitted with life vests and helmets and loaded into the bus to make our trip. I brought my anti nausea pills and fortunately they worked because I wasn't sick the entire time. Yay!!

Since we were a group of 4, we had to group up with another couple. Our guide, Joe, was hilarious and informative. I don't think we could have been paired with a better river guide.




Overall the trip was memorable, full of laughs and so beautiful! I was bummed that the first few rapids we missed on our GoPro because it wasn't working for some reason. I would take that trip over & over again. The water was beautiful and clear.




{TWO:}
There are some days when I really, really, really, don't like our cat, Quincey. But Zeplin is in love with her so we keep her around.

Wednesday, though, was almost her last day with our family as I was seriously considering finding her a new home.

Just about a half hour before I had to leave for work, Zeplin saw Quincey outside and wanted to let her in. When I gave him the okay, he opened the door and just stood there, frozen and Quincey refused to come in. I looked over at Zeplin who was shivering/shaking like we do when I are grossed out by something. That's when I noticed the snake! I screamed at Zeplin to slam the door, which he eventually did. I was in a panic which caused Zeplin to freak out. He was screaming hysterically and wouldn't let go of my hand.

I attempted to watch Zeplin's cat attack this snake as the snake was coiled up and lashing out at Quincey.

I was a wreck. I called Matt and told him to come home, which he replied that he wouldn't come home for a snake and to just let Quincey have fun. (This only upset me more,) He suggested I grab a broom and sweep the snake away so I could leave.... I had to explain to him that I relinquished my bravery rights when I married him. He is the brave one now and needed to come home and take care of this. He still refused.
With my still screaming son in my arms, I rushed us out the garage door to the car to get to work on time, forgetting his shoes, movies and other misc. items I usually try to grab.




{THREE:}

Our garden is blooming with beauty all over! We have blackberries that are delicious and my lavender smells like heaven. Our zuchs and onions taste amazing too!!!
Zeplin enjoys being in the garden with all of us. We don't let him pick the berries because there are spiders in them & surrounding them. But he loves to help us bring the produce & flowers in the house.

He also loves to smell the flowers and told me that lavender was his favorite! (Mine too buddy... mine too.)

Anyways, we brought in at least 4 pounds of black berries this last picking. We couldn't eat them all so I decided to give a bunch away but Zeplin was a little upset about this. He wanted to eat them all for himself... even though they were a little bitter when we first picked them.




{FOUR:}
I woke up with a wicked eye infection on Thursday and had to rush to see a doctor. 
After calling a few clinics, I finally found one that could get me in. Matt got off work early and came to get me because I literally could not see out of my eye, even with my glasses on. The sun only made it worse too.

Matt got me to my appointment and my new eye doctor helped with the pain by giving me some numbing drops and diagnosed my issue. I am hopeful that it will be cleared up soon because it's been most painful!!


*A little Dessa history and why I don't mess with my eyes....* 
When I was 16, my best friend (Kaycee) and I went swimming in a popular creek in Nampa. At the time, I had different colored contacts and I wore my green contacts while I swam.
Afterwards, I took them out and wore my blue ones for a couple days until one Sunday I decided to wear my green contacts again.
Kaycee invited me to church with her and I went with her only to have my eyesight start to fade. I remember her trying to show me a picture of a missionary that was hung in a case and I couldn't see it.
Eventually my eyes started to burn and I couldn't see a thing. I had gone completely blind, only it wasn't black like people say, it was white and cloudy - like being in fog or smoke.

I rushed to Kaycee's house and called my mom to come get me. I was sobbing uncontrollably because the pain was unbearable.
My parents rushed me to a 24 hour clinic where the doctor on call put numbing drops in my eyes to ease the pain and then another drop that could show anything wrong with my eye under a black light. My parents and the doctor gasped when they turned the lights off and put the black light over my eye. Hundreds of tiny microorganisms were crawling all over my eyes.
The doctor gave my parents eye drops and a prescription. The eye drops had to be administered to my eyes every 15 minutes for 8 hours and every half hour until they were gone.
Because I was literally blind, my parents had to do this all through the night and all the next day until I could eventually open my eyes on my own and could see again.

When I went back to the doctor, they were all so happy to see that my sight had returned. They admitted to us that they genuinely thought I was going to go blind and were preparing themselves for that outcome.

Now, anytime I see a knew eye doctor, they will ask me why I have tiny scars all over my eyes and I have to explain to them that I had almost gone blind and my eyes were basically a feeding ground for an aggressive eye infection.


I'm very lucky to still being able to see today!.


{FIVE:}
How far along? 10 Weeks. Baby is the size of a plum. 
Total weight gain/loss: +2. Feeling okay. Still throwing up so that's not fun nor is it motivating to want to workout. 
Maternity clothes? I'm wearing maternity bras because I went from a DD to an F already!  & No, they are not fun when they are this big. 
Stretch marks? Covered
Sleep: Every chance I get. 
Best moment this week: I only threw up only 1 time this week! When I told Matt that I had thrown up, he asked me if I cried. I laughed at his question because of course I cried! I cry every time I throw up. 
Movement: Nope
Food cravings: None.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Everything. Nothing is making me feel good. I love to drink a huge 24ounce of cold water immediately after waking up... that's not an option anymore unless I want to run to the toilet to throw up afterwards. 
Have you started to show yet: My lower tummy is actually getting hard and it's impossible to suck in. 
Gender prediction: Girl. I'm having dreams of having a daughter. Even had a horrible dream that I died during my c section and woke up 6 months later to Matt telling me I had a daughter. 
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody this week. & very emotional. Partially due to being so sick. 
Weekly Wisdom: Just sleep. Relax and don't stress out! (Easier said than done) And although you *ie. ME* don't feel pretty every day, just get up, and do your hair & makeup. You will feel so much better about yourself!
Milestones: Still Pregnant!!

No comments