Five on Friday - {Week 35}

{ONE:}
Last weekend was a rough weekend trying to figure out something to do with Zeplin. Because of the fires in Idaho, the valley had a Red Air Quality alert which advised parents to keep their children inside.
2008 -
2011 - #MattandDessa
We had a few fun ideas, one of them being the Western Idaho Fair, which we ended up doing later Saturday night even with the air quality in effect. My mom came too, which we always enjoy having her with us.
2013 - #AndthenwehadZ

I had an itinerary of activities we wanted to do but because we had to wait 2 hours to have our caricature drawn by none other than the wonderful Art Nations, we missed out on the fun stuff we wanted to do. Matt and I had to take turns keeping our spot at Art's booth and the other had to entertain Zeplin.
Zj went to the petting zoo, and got to wander around the fair grounds with each of us. By 8pm, it was our turn and we enjoyed it thoroughly! Art always remembers us and he was so happy to hear that we were pregnant again. He even drew a baby bump for my image.
Zeplin was a really good boy and only had a few moments when we thought we were going to need my mom to take him away. But when it wasn't his turn to be drawn, he sat on the ground by our feet and played quietly with a fun helicopter his grandma bought him.

We love our new caricature and the little helicopter at the top was the perfect touch..... Oh including my little pregnant tummy too..... and Matt's massive chin! Hahahaha!


By then we spent all our money and spent another hour walking the fair grounds, looking at animals and dodging the thousands of people trying to ride the rides. We were happily home by 10 and asleep by 11:30pm. Not a bad night!


Zeplin woke us up fairly early on Sunday, which was fine because we had a birthday to attend anyways. Our friends, the Howard's, daughter just turned 1 and we were invited to their family's birthday party. Their oldest daughter just turned 3 last month and about 6 months before that was our other friend's (The Avery's) daughter's 3rd birthday. Before we know it, Zeplin will be 3. It's been so fun to celebrate with the other two couples when our children's birthdays come around.

What little weekend we had left after the party was spent napping, cleaning, reading and Matt working on the Jeep transmission. Then we were off to another week of work and fun!






{TWO:}
Warning: These pictures are super creepy! hahahaha.

Since I found out I was pregnant, I have been plagued with hormonal migraines that are practically debilitating. One particular night, I had just taken a bath and everything was causing me pain... sound, light, heat.... and even with a 500mg of Tylenol, I was still struggling to cope with the intensity.
Matt took Zeplin to run around town for a bit and when he came back, he climbed into bed with me and said, “I wish I could take all this pain away from you. I'd be pregnant for you if I could.” Eventually, he got up and walking into our closet.
Next thing I know, Matt has my bra on, stuffing it with shirts (because my boobs have grown so big that it literally takes 2-3 shirts in each cup to fill it) and he's putting on a maternity top. I start giggling and questioned what he was doing!  He told me to wait a second while he ran out of the room, returning with one of Zeplin's kick balls under his shirt.

He said, “I'll be pregnant for you tonight so you can just lay down. Get some sleep and relax.”
Of course, although his gesture was sweet (and hilarious), I wasn't able to rid myself of the wicked migraine or even get much sleep that night. But at least I have these pictures to remind me of this adorable moment of my husband trying to be cute and take away my pain.


{THREE:}
Thursday was a stay home family day since the night before was a little awful. I came home from my softball game feeling a little sick but tried to put myself to bed just as quick as I could. By the time Matt crawled into bed, I had another migraine and was withering in pain, resulting in a 5 minute randevu at the porcelain throne. Once done, I left the bedroom to sleep on the couch since I hadn't been getting any sleep in our bed for the last few weeks anyways.

While on the couch, I heard Zeplin fussing a little. Then he started screaming and rushed down the stairs. I whispered for him to come sleep with me on the couch, which lasted a handful of minutes... (Have you ever attempted sleeping on a couch with a 2 year old.... not comfy!) He asked me where his daddy was and I told him to go see him in our bed. He scurried off, asking me to come with him but I hurried upstairs to try sleeping in the other bed instead.
I don't know how long I slept until I heard Zeplin screaming and Matt talking to him. I heard the sound of running water and commotion and I knew what happened.
Zeplin had thrown up all over our bed and Matt was trying desperately to clean it up without waking me. I came downstairs to wash Zeplin and take care of his needs until we could make plans on what to do next. It was obvious Zj felt better after his episode of puking Cheetos, grapes & dinner but he was still pale and clammy to touch, so we cuddled on the couch again while Matt started the laundry.
Eventually, by 3am, we were all asleep. Only I was awake 5 hours later while my boys slept until past 10am.

Matt called in because he started to feel a little nauseated so we are thinking it was something we ate.
We ended up staying home all day and it was nice (even though we all still felt like crap in the morning.)

By the afternoon, we had a little more energy.  Well, at least one of did.... Silly Zeplin!






{FOUR:}
Matt and I turned our theatre room aka Bonus Room into more of a family room/guest bed room. We realized that we needed to make this room into more of a functional room for family. (Check out the brand new love sac/bean bag we found on Craigslist for $35!)
We also need a space that we can sleep & relax while being close by the kids. (As much as I love my bedroom downstairs, and the kids' rooms upstairs - I don't love it when they are new babies.)

We also moved my crafting desk and crafts out of the office nook and into the bonus room. I didn't usually use my crafting nook to do crafts because I would always bring the stuff into the theatre room so I could craft and watch movies... now it's just a little more convenient.


Anyways, beginning February 2016, this will be our new bedroom while we love on our new baby and I recover from a c-section. In the meantime, Zeplin can use it for his toys and our friends and family will always have a place to stay when they come to town!


{FIVE:}
How far along? 14 Weeks!! Hello 2nd trimester!!! 
Total weight gain/loss: Zero.  
Sleep: Not great. I'm a tummy sleeper and with my growing tummy, I'm starting to feel the struggle of getting enough sleep. And the nightmares have set in. They are terrible and have even forced me to wake up crying. 
Movement: No. I wish.
Food cravings: Still not really interested in food. Occasionally I think I want something but really I just want lots of water!
Anything making you queasy or sick: The only thing making me sick is having an empty tummy. I focus on little snacks, mostly fruit or sucking on a peppermint, is helping me. 
Have you started to show yet: Matt noticed but I really don't think I'll start showing for other people to notice until about 20 weeks. When I mentioned I was pregnant at my softball game, a couple girls from the other team told me I didn't look pregnant. I know I'm still early but it doesn't help that I'm carrying an extra 25lbs.
Gender prediction: I still think it's a girl. We just learned a friend from softball & an old friend from school are having a girls around the same time I'm expecting. I'm starting to wrap my head around possibly having a daughter but for convenience, a boy would be so much easier! 5 more months until we will know for sure. Oh and, another friend who is due a week after me, has decided not to find our the gender this time too!!! YAY!!! I can't wait to have the surprise with her!
Best moment this week: I went 3 days without having to take a nausea pill! 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Tired. I'm feeling nonchalant about my days because I'm so tired. 
Weekly Wisdom: Don't compare yourself and your pregnancy to others.. at least, not too harshly. 
I have to remind myself that if anyone “body shames” me then shame on them. I've already had one big healthy baby and I am determined to have another healthy baby but I can't do that when I'm constantly worried about other peoples opinions of me. 
Milestones: I'm having round ligament pain and can feel everything growing and stretching! Love it!! 

Next Friday is our 15 week doctor appointment. I can't wait to hear our little ones heart beat again! I love him/her so much already!

No comments