Five on Friday - {Week 40}

{ONE:}
Last weekend was full of festivities and we had so much fun!
Saturday was a lazy morning until I got up and started breakfast. We took our time getting ready, waiting for my mom to show up, so we could begin our afternoon. 
Matt took my mom and I shopping for a couple hours. (PS. If you're in the Boise area, Van Huesen at the Outlet Mall is going out of business and ALL the stuff is 70% off. I bought Matt a bazillion new shirts. They were originally $50 and I got them for $15! Super cute stuff and Christmas is right around the corner.)

After our short shopping stint, we headed downtown for some lunch and to check out Fallapalooza at Ann Morrison Park. It was like a mini Art in the Park but we were mostly interested in the fun games for Zeplin. Zj participated in some bean bag tossing games, and balloon popping games. But the best was the potato sac race! 
Zeplin was so excited to do this race. He was bouncing up and down with excitement at the beginning of the face. 




Zeplin did an awesome job!! There were two his age in the race and he was the only one to do the race without help from a parent (until the end). He smiled and laughed the whole way down and I was so proud of him for doing the race and kicking butt!

After the race we found a balloon man who made Zeplin a sword and his friend gave Zeplin some bubbles. Zeplin ran back to the friend and thanked her for the bubbles. He was just so happy to have them.




{TWO:}
On Monday night, we went to Linder Farms. I purchased tickets from a friend and they expired on the 5th so we had to go that day or we would have lost out. 
It was fun.... as it has been for the past 4 years. (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) We invited the Blairs to come with us again but with Erik's schedule (only be home for a week), there just wasn't a time that would work and since it was a school night, most of our other friends weren't able to come either, so we made it a family night. 

I struggled to have fun because I felt horribly sick & nauseas but we made the most of it. Zeplin had a blast though - and that's all that matters in my mind.

Eventually we hopped on our hay ride so we could pick out a pumpkin. Zeplin ran through the pumpkin patch in search for the perfect one while I tried to capture his happiness.
He never found a pumpkin he wanted so we left empty handed. But as I said before, Zeplin had so much fun and that's all I care about!












{THREE:}
On Tuesday night, Matt, Zeplin and I made the 30 minute drive to my old high school to watch our favorite senior play volleyball.
Zeplin and I made some wonderful friends during my short stint at coaching softball last spring .... Hailee Ackerman, being one of them. Zeplin is in love with her and we think she's mighty wonderful too.
The icing on the cake was that my mom was the official for the night. She did great although she was a little bummed about a few calls. But I thought she did a good job for being nervous.

Hailee did amazing! I'm so impressed with her athletic ability and it's obvious how deserving she was being Volleyball Player of the Year as a junior last year!
Zeplin would yell as loud as he could to cheer Hailee on. After the game, she let us know that she could hear him and that made Zeplin so happy.

I had so much fun watching the game that we plan on going to Hailee's Senior night next Tuesday! Can't wait!!



{FOUR:}
I'm back to working 5 days a week. The gal that I was splitting days with needed a full time job so I decided just to take the full morning shifts. It's only 15 hours a week and I can make all my appointments after work. (This week I had Thursday off so I could have my ultrasound)
Although the work is easy, I find it stressful when Zeplin is acting out or when I need to take him potty. The room we are in is very tiny and sometimes it can get crowded.
Most of the kids are younger (about Zeplin's age) but when I have older kids, I'm in heaven. But if the babies are crying then it's super overwhelming.
Zeplin acts like he owns the joint. He figured out how to turn on the treadmill and walk on it. He even knows how to turn it off so he can get off. He loves to try doing the exercises with the other clients when he sees them doing pushup, high knees, etc.

The only thing motivating me to work through some of the frustration I encounter during the time there is knowing how lucky I am to make a little money and keep my son with me. Not many mom's get that opportunity to work and be with their kids. 


{FIVE:}
How far along? 20 weeks! Yay!! 
Total weight gain: At my appointment, with clothes/shoes on, I've gained 8lbs. When I weight myself in the morning, I'm at +6. I feel really good about the number but I feel like a heifer because my boobs are so big!
Maternity clothes? Sometimes. I love that I can still wear my jeans (with a rubber band) but I grabbed some new jeans at Old Navy over the week since the rubber band trick can sometimes pinch my skin. 
Sleep: I'm back in my own bed with my husband & I've decided to start taking sleeping aides every couple nights. The Unisom I take to help me sleep is also really good at helping with nausea so I don't wake up puking in the morning.   
Movement: Not a lot but just enough everyday to remind me that I'm still pregnant and baby let's me know it's there. 
Exercise: I added this one because I want to hold myself accountable for working out. And yes, I did exercise this week. I walked a ton last weekend & even more when I went to Linder Farms. My hips hurt horribly but it's nice to be moving. 
I signed up for prenatal water aerobics for the last few months of my pregnancy starting in November so I'm excited to start that. 
Food cravings: Not really. I was craving French Toast but that went away. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just being awake. Lol. Food is tolerable and I've only thrown up twice this week so that's great news. 
Have you started to show yet: Yup. Especially when I wear clothes to accentuate my bump.
Gender prediction: Well, we had our ultrasound and as much as I kind of wanted to know, we didn't find out the gender. So we are back to guessing the gender for the next 19 weeks! Matt still believes it's a girl and I think it's a boy. At this point, I couldn't care much about the gender as much as I just want a healthy baby!
Best moment this week: Seeing our beautiful baby! 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Matt & I were talking about this and we both agreed that I am so much more emotionally stable this pregnancy. I was neurotic and defensive with Zeplin but I'm so carefree and happy this go around. If I get a little moody, it's because I'm tired. My hormones have been so much kinder to my mental state. 
Looking forward to: Just letting my belly grow and feeling the movement throughout my tummy & not just below the belly button!


No comments