Five on Friday - {Week 46}

{ONE:}
Last Saturday I got a chance to meet up with our friends to take their family pictures! We call them our 5cent Ketchup Packet .... (Nichol-Hine is their last name... GET IT??!) Anyways, it's been since we went rafting with them in August that we'd last seen them so it was so wonderful to spend a little time catching up and fun for me to capture their beautiful family! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day either!!




 After pictures, Angie took us to their new lot on the other side of the lake. It is the most beautiful 6 acres of unadulterated land!! They start building next week and it should be done late spring of next year! We are so beyond thrilled for them!!

Oh and can I share what a confidence builder it was to read all the comments on her Facebook page of those that loved the pictures? And that there were over 100 likes on the bundle of pictures!?

BTW, I repeat, if anyone needs updated family pictures, I'm more than happy to help. Just let me know!! I literally only ask a fraction of what a professional asks for because I know not everyone can afford family pictures but I believe they are the most important!


{TWO:}
This past Monday we learned about Hedgehogs and I'm so thrilled with how quickly Zeplin retained the information I tried to teach him. 
We watched a short video on YouTube about them and when the video was over, I asked Zeplin questions that they covered and he was able to answer the questions correctly. 
Then we rushed outside to collect as many leaves as possible to make our hedgehog craft.  Z kicked butt with this craft. He chose the color of nose and eye then helped me glue all the leaves onto his hedgehog. Even though some of the leaves ripped while he was doing this, he didn't get frustrated and that meant the most to me! He's maturing so much.




On Tuesday, because it snowed, I decided we should learn about Polar Bears. Zeplin was convinced that the polar bears were outside but they were sleeping so when we got home from work, we talked about them and made a little craft.
He really enjoys tracing his hands so we went with a polar bear hand and covered it with cotton balls. He did great using the glue stick and peeling small bits of cotton to put on the glue. Eventually he got annoyed with the fluff sticking to his fingers that I had to finish it for him.




{THREE:}
Our dogs are milking their time in the house. 
We've turned on the garage heater to keep them warm at night and we continue to let them in during the evenings. Bella absolutely hates having to go outside and will sit at the back window and cry. Now that she's getting older, we might need to get her a coat to keep her warm. 

Anyways, when they are in the house, they are on their best behavior. Bella can't get comfortable unless she's in the most awkward positions and nuzzled next to Matt. 
Mr Tedd doesn't care where he's sleeping as long as he's right at my feet!
But both dogs are so in love with Zeplin. They will run around the house looking for him and follow him everywhere! 


I love that he's making memories with these two knuckle heads. I'm nervous for the day when our puppies pass away. Teddi turns 8 this March and Bella just turned 7. Heelers live to be around 13-15 years but Mastiffs age between 9-10. The thought of not having them in our lives, breaks my heart..... Awhhh, Gotta change the subject. .. . . The tears are starting to fall. I'm just so in love with this little family I have - Dogs included!





{FOUR:}
Just a funny moment this week.. . . . Zeplin was bored and was practicing a new trick by balancing a ball in between his feet. Before we knew it, this trick turned near fatal as the ball came crashing down on his face. (Bear in mind this ball was at least a pound of heavy plastic)

 Fortunately he didn't get hurt and actually laughed after it happened. But it only took that one time for him to learn his lesson and it never happened again.


{FIVE:}

How far along? 26 weeks!! Baby weighs about 2 pounds... I can't imagine baby gaining 6-8 more pounds in the next 12 weeks!! Check out my post at 26 weeks pregnant with Zeplin. 
Total weight gain/loss: +12. I'm saving my weight gain for Thanksgiving! hahaha.  
Stretch marks? Yes but they aren't that horrific... or maybe I'm just so used to them that I don't care. 

Sleep: Fabulous! I can fall asleep so fast. Loving it!  BUT I have been waking up way too early & unable to fall back asleep so I haven't been able to steer clear of the pregnancy insomnia entirely.
Exercise: Swimming x2 and some Yoga at home. I went to the gym Tuesday and lifted weights then again on Thursday for some kickboxing action. It was fun but I have a long way to go to get my endurance back.  
Movement: All the time! 
Food cravings: Tacos - specifically Del Taco's Turkey tacos. And Oreo Blizzards! (Reminder... both of these I craved with Zeplin!! Could be a boy?) I was craving oreos so horribly on Monday that I even text my brother in law if he'd be willing to bring me one because I didn't want to load Zeplin up in the car and drive across town at 9pm. When I never heard back from Adam, my craving was too much to handle so Matt and I started getting ourselves ready to leave and just buy a package of oreos and ice-cream when through our front window we see Adam walking up with a cup carrier of Blizzards! Talk about a life saver!! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really... I'm a little nauseas in the morning but that's about it. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes but sometimes I'll catch glimpses of myself and think I just look overweight. A few people still can't tell that I'm pregnant. Good or Bad??? Depends on my mood that day. 
Gender prediction: I've yet to meet a friend who thinks this baby is a boy - Except for me! I took 8 gender prediction quizzes and I lost 6-2 claiming that I would have a girl. 
Best moment this week: Getting ALL the clothes organized. We spent a couple hours on Sunday separating clothes and giving a bunch away to IYR. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am so happy. I actually shared with Matt that I'm really enjoying this pregnancy right now! I don't feel huge, my feet aren't swollen and I have no complications like I did with Zeplin. Even my blood pressure is good! 
Looking Forward To: Thanksgiving dinner, having family come into to town to stay with us, & taking Zeplin to see the Good Dinosaur!  

No comments