Five on Friday - {Week 47}

This year is almost over! WHAATT??  I'm so blown away with how quick this year has flown by... and this pregnancy!

Oh and it snowed this week!! The snowball fights were so much fun!!





{ONE:}
Nichole (Matt's sister) and her daughters showed up at our house Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving vacation with all of us in Boise. Zeplin had so much fun with his cousins and we loved having them stay with us!

When they got to Boise, we decided to take the littles to the Boise Mall and experience Build A Bear. I tried to take Zeplin a few months ago but he was afraid of the dragon noise that an employee tried to sell us on so we had to leave without purchasing anything.
I called ahead and found out they had a dinosaur there so we decided to take Zeplin & the girls.

Zeplin couldn't decide between Toothless (which I secretly wanted because I'm in love with that character) and a longneck dinosaur. Eventually he chose the long neck.
The experience was cute. Zeplin enjoyed stomping the peddle to fill the dinosaur with stuffing. The lady working with him was super interactive and was impressed with Zeplin's knowledge to spell his name.
Matt's favorite part was when the helper had Zeplin do things with the heart like... put it on your head to make your dinosaur smart, spin in a circle so to make your dinosaur kinda silly.... Apparently they do this with everyone but we thought it was pretty adorable.



We shopped around a little bit, eventually walking past Santa Claus. There was no one in line (and possibly only 100 people in the whole mall anyways) so Zeplin and the girls were able to walk right up to santa, sit on his lap and talk to him about what they wanted. Zj, of course, asked for robots. Particularly Optimus Prime, BumbleBee and Megatron and when Santa asked if he was a good boy, he replied, most definitely. It was fun to see him interact with this mythical man.




Friday morning, we all got ready for the day until it was time to split ways. Nikki & family wanted to shop a little (I have never shopped on Black Friday and will hopefully keep it that way for many more years) and my little family ended staying home until it was time to meet up at the movie theatre to see The Good Dinosaur.

Although it wasn't too bad of a movie, Matt and I spent most of our time giving each other sad eyes as we listened to our little man hacking and coughing the whole time. He was pretty sad and obviously didn't feel well.
Once the movie ended, we left Nikki & family to take Zeplin to the doctor. He had a bronchial infection but it's not to a stage of pneumonia but we have to keep on eye on him through the weekend. After the doctors, we headed home. It wasn't more than 2 minutes down the road and our little man was cashed out. He slept for a couple hours on the couch at home until his cousins came back & he could play again.



{TWO:}
Thanksgiving Day was great and the food was delicious. Jeremy and the brothers hosted it this year. It was especially nice to just make a few dozen deviled eggs and some stovetop stuffing then sit back and enjoy while everyone else takes care of the rest!





After Thanksgiving dinner, we stuck around for a while until it was time to go home and get the littles ready for bed. They all played well together while Nikki, Jeff, Matt and I played Rumi. And wouldn't you believe it.... I won. Kind of. Matt technically won (as he ALWAYS does) but we played a round of All or Nothing and I won. 

It didn't take long for us to all feel the need to go to bed. Sleep came easy for us all. It was a good Thanksgiving Day!


{THREE:}
I've been slowly chipping away at Zeplin's birthday party decorations. Even though it's still 3 weeks away, I don't want to be making these crafts when I'm 31 weeks pregnant. It's going to be pretty low key. We are having it at another place other than our house so it will be so easy to get the room ready and clean it up when we are done!! But because we aren't doing the party at home, we aren't going to do a ton of decorations like his 2nd birthday.  So far, the plan is t-shirts, a photo frame, and a banner .... That about does it....









{FOUR:}
Some fun moments through the week included:


  • I only had to work 1 day last week because one of our PM girls wanted more hours so I gave her 2 of my days. When I got to work on Tuesday the new manager came in to give me a new name tag. It said, Dessa Clark. Kids Club Manager. WHAT? If only it came with a pay raise right?

  • Chloe came over on Wednesday morning to play with Zeplin. The two of them ran around the house in their super hero capes that I made them while Tina and I visited. I just absolutely love their little family! They are too much fun!!

  • On Monday, Zeplin and I went to Nampa to spend some time with my mom. Zeplin had so much fun answering phones (aka, calling family members and talking to them) and was even issued a South Middle School HAWKS ID card! He was super thrilled to be apart of the staff and students who got their own cards. 




{FIVE:}
How far along? 27 Weeks!! Goodbye 2nd Trimester! I gladly Welcome 3rd Trimester!!
Total weight gain/loss: This is a grace week. Thanksgiving was just way too good yesterday! 
Sleep: I've reached that uncomfortable stage. My tummy is just way too big to sleep the way I want to sleep.   
Showing? Yes. My shirt accidentally lifted above my tummy and my son yelled, “Oh mom. Your shirt. The baby in your tummy is lifting your shirt!” I laughed. It was cute. 
Exercise: I made it to swimming on both days and was so happy to be there! 
Wedding Ring: It still fits but I don't wear it. 
Movement: Baby doesn't move much during the day like it used to. Lately it's been waking me up at 2am, 4am, & 6am with very strong movements. But my mom felt baby for the first time on Monday. That was fun to share with her. 
Food cravings: Nope. Although, drinking a glass of milk has been doing the trick when I think I want something but can't quite figure out what I want.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope again. I feel really good. (Minus the morning nausea.)
Gender prediction: Not a clue. But we will find out soon enough. Roughly, 10 more weeks!
Best moment this week: Being with our family and enjoying the spirit the Thanksgiving . . Oh, and eating food!!
Happy or Moody most of the time: I've become a little emotional but I'm happy. Things that don't usually hurt my feelings have been overly devastating in my hormonal mind. 
Looking Forward to: My doctors appointment next Wednesday. Then I will officially be on bi-weekly appointments!


This weekend will hopefully be spent at home while we clean up Thanksgiving and start decorating for Christmas!! The most wonderful time of the year! YAY!!! 

No comments