Five on Friday - {Blowing Kisses ♥, Bowling & Officially Term - 37 Weeks}

Happy February!! 

This is probably one of my favorite months and it's about to get even more special.
Five Februarys ago was mine and Matt's first date (the 25th).
Valentines Day is next week and I love sharing that day with the love of my life!
And here in a couple short weeks, we will be celebrating the birth of our 2nd baby!!!

{ONE:}
Last Saturday, after my volleyball games, my mom came over so we could have a family outing and cross off another bucket list item -BOWLING!!
Zeplin was so excited to go bowling that we couldn't eat our lunch fast enough for him. 

We chose Emerald Lanes because it's the cleanest bowling alley that we know of that is close to home. 
I used the hour of bowling as a time to relax and enjoy my family. Zj had a lot of fun in the beginning, until he recognized the arcade games. We let him pretend to play the games until it was his turn to bowl, then either Matt or my mom would walk him back to the lane. 








We had a great time but we are definitely not a family of bowlers since Matt scored 77, Mom scored 55 and Zeplin scored 45. A few times I thought my mom was going to fall flat on her face because she couldn't bend her knee enough to have good form.

Zeplin had so much fun bowling that we decided he might be old enough to learn how to use the Wii and playing bowling. We were right - he loved playing it too! Guess we might have to take him bowling more often.


{TWO:}
This is just worth mentioning because I think I rock at thrifting and this just proves it!

I have been itching to buy a new purse but because I'm a Fossil brand snob (purses only), I just couldn't justify spending $150 when I have a new baby on the way.
I have also been begging Matt to buy us a Keurig (a hot drink maker) but spending over $100 for something to heat water was not on the budget sheet ... EVER. Even with my ever strong argument that we would no longer spend $12 for a quick Saturday morning run to Dutch Brothers. It would only take abolishing 10 weekends of coffee and cocoa trips to DB and the Keurig would pay for itself. My cause was still lost in my husband's mind.

But yesterday, Matt and I took a quick run to Saver's to hopefully find a few items that I was in search of when Matt found a brand new Keurig 2.0 in perfect condition for $24.99 and THEN, I found a used but in near perfect condition Fossil purse for $19.99. But because we donated goods that evening, we got a 40% off coupon so we got everything for a little more than $30. SCORE!!!





{THREE:}
I'm addicted to 3 things at the moment!

{3a.} I have become addicted to the show, Call the Midwife. It currently has 4 seasons on Netflix and they are addicting. It's full of very powerful and moving stories based on some memoirs of a midwife in the 1950's in Britain. One of my friends from prenatal swimming suggested watching them but advised waiting until after we'd had our babies . . . I watched a few episodes, ultimately deciding that I could handle the show, even with my pregnancy hormones.
Some of the stories are very sad but the show as a whole is very uplifting, enlightening and beautiful. I'm happy to be watching them and recommend them to anyone!!


{3b.} Knitting! I just wanted to use up some yarn and figured I had enough of the blue colors left over to make Zeplin a matching scarf with his beanie. Zeplin loves it and I do to.
I think my knitting days are over for awhile. It's a lot more tedious than crocheting and my fingers could use a break.


{3c.} Sugar Scrub!! I got a wild idea to just make my own sugar scrub and found that it was so easy to make!! I made 2 batches - one for me and one for my mom. I mixed some coconut oil, white sugar and DoTerra's Citrus Bliss oil and used it that evening in my bath.
Immediately after using my Sugar Scrub, It was obvious that my skin was so soft, including my elbows and feet. Matt even commented on my soft feet when he was massaging them that night, as he does every night because my husband is fabulous! I think I'm going to make more batches with different flavors.




{FOUR:} All about Zeplin
E is for....... Elephant & Eggs!!
Zeplin helped me hard boil eggs for us to eat this week then we made an Elephant craft to learn more about the letter E. He was so proud of his elephant that when my mom came over that night, he was in a hurry to get her to go to his room to see it.
We also practiced our scissor skills. He definitely needs more practice but one of my friends said that some of her kindergarteners can't even use scissors appropriately. At least Zeplin gave it a shot.

I finally made the effort to take him to the Library's preschool time on Thursday. Zj was a really good boy and followed directions well. He sat quietly and listened to the book before doing the painting craft. I'm so excited to start taking him more often.

Zeplin has been a great little boy this week. My migraines came back so he's been having to play by himself a little more often. After he finishes his morning chores he's allowed to play in his room. His imagination has been running wild and it's so fun! On one particular day, he lined his Avengers up on his bed and pretended they were all doing pushups. It was adorable!

He's also been his daddy's little helper in the garage. Matt is trying to fix up his motorcycle & Zeplin has been using that time to work on his handyman skills.
Z has also been practicing his bow & arrow skills and he's getting really good! I've been super impressed with his ability to just pick up his bow and shoot it. 

Grandma Cindy came over Tuesday night and Zeplin ran her ragged. I always feel so bad when he demands so much from her. I try to convince Zeplin to leave Grandma alone but she just won't say no to him when he begs her to play. - So I guess it's kind of her fault too huh?
She played hard and I just knew her body was hurting but she wouldn't quit. Zeplin was pretty devastated when she left. He watched her drive away and bawled the rest of the night.


In the middle of the night this week, he screamed the most blood curling scream I'd ever heard. He was yelling for his daddy. Since I was closer, I made it into his room first, turned on the light & sat on his bead, just as Matt was in his door way. Zeplin told us there were snakes and monsters under (& in) his bed. He was absolutely terrified so Matt took him down to sleep with him.
Zeplin was broken hearted that morning when he woke up and saw his daddy in his work clothes. Matt brought him to bed with me and he was even more devastated when he heard the Jeep start and drive away. We called Matt and Zeplin told him that he didn't give him a hug and kiss before he left and it broke his heart. It was really sad.

Zeplin is the coolest super hero. He calls himself Super Z because of his black cape that has his initial on it. He often pretends that he's spider man though and has perfected his web slinging skills. But apparently being a super hero is super tiring.



Zeplin almost convinced me to buy him a dog too! I'm so glad that I didn't but I almost did. He's been asking us lately which dog is his because he knows that Mr Tedd is mommy's dog and Bella is daddy's dog. I was meeting my best friend Kaycee at the Humane Society to buy a dog for her family when I fell in love with this tiny little dog. She was perfect and precious and I wanted to take her home with us but I just couldn't get myself to do it (because she was $300 <-- absolutely absurd price for a 6 year old, mixed breed with dental disease. Their poor customer service caused a horrible argument with one of the supervisors, enough that Matt even got involved, which was a big deal since he doesn't argue or fight with anyone.) .... even when Zeplin started bawling that she couldn't come home with us.

 I reminded myself and Zeplin that we have two doggies at home that he can love and be best friends with. Besides, I'll be having a small critter to occupy my lap any day now anyways.


{FIVE:}
How far along: 37 weeks!! (17 days left!) I can't believe I'm considered term now. This is how far along I was when I had my 10 pound 4 ounce baby boy - Zeplin. I don't think Baby “A” will be nearly as big but he/she can come any time and I will feel content!!! Yahoo!
Total weight gain: I lost a half a pound. So I'm at a total of +18.5 for the pregnancy to date.
Sleep: Not too horribly. I started sleeping upstairs in the guest bed because it's right next to the window and I can leave it open without causing my husband to go into hypothermic shock. My mom gifted me with some silk sheets for the bed so I sleep a million times better feeling like I'm sleeping on ice.
Aches & Pains: I just added this one because prior to last week, I have only felt the Pubis Symphisis Dysfunction pain but around 35/36 weeks I've noticed my hips popping when I go from sitting to standing. It almost feels like they are out of place. Doc says that they're just relaxing for childbirth but let me tell you, it's painful. I liked my narrow hips the way they were.
On Tuesday, my lower back started to hurt really bad. It hasn't hurt this whole pregnancy so I was a little concerned. But eventually the pain went away and I was able to relax. Phew--- I was almost convinced I was going into early labor.
Exercise: None really. I was going to go swimming on Wednesday but just didn't feel like it. Then the other days I just wanted to stay home and chill. This is the first week that I just really needed to veg out a bit.
I think this Saturday (tomorrow) might be my last time playing volleyball and I will probably only play 1 game. I'm feeling really pregnant.

Last weekend was fun playing and I even got a really good kill from the back row. But this tummy of mine is just getting bigger and it's kind of awkward trying to move around the court. Later that afternoon, I was regretting playing the 2 games & was super sore! Thank heavens for warm baths and Epsom salt.


Movement: Baby never slowed down like all the books say babies do when they're running out of room. My little groover is non stop movement all day AND all night.
Food Cravings: Nada. Well, maybe Sonic Ice but that's not food.
Anything making you sick: Nope.

Gender Prediction: I'll find out soon enough!! What do you think we are having? (I created a poll at the top corner...)
I'm actually more excited to see what color eyes my baby is going to have than the gender. I have hazel (brown/green) eyes, Matt has a beautiful sea green color and Zeplin's are the most beautiful shade of blue anyone has ever seen. Oh what a joy it's going to be when this baby is born.
Best Moment this Week: Finally feeling like the baby's room is finished. We are more and more ready for this little one to join us.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm really happy. I feel emotional over a few things but that's to be expected. I get a bit irrational sometimes.
Looking forward to: Going to a Steelheads Hockey game tonight with my mom & dad. (One of my friends from swimming class works for the physical training department for the Steelheads and was able to get us tickets. She had her baby boy on Tuesday.) This is our last item to cross off on our bucket list of things to do with Zeplin before our attention is directed to a new baby. 

*************************************************************
My appointment on Monday went well, as expected. 
Baby's heart rate was 148 this time and my blood pressure was perfect. I'm measuring about 1.5 weeks ahead of what I am so doctor thinks my baby will be big but not nearly as big as Zeplin. I lost a little bit of weight which doctor says is normal towards to end, as long as baby is still growing - which baby obviously is. 

Doc had a good giggle over the pictures of me playing volleyball and was impressed that I've been feeling so well to be able to play at how far along I am. 

Only 2 more weekly appointments (the 9th & 16th) and then it's c-section time! (I keep saying, “If I make it” but I have a feeling I'm going to make it.)
*************************************************************

I about died laughing and still get the chuckles over this........ 
Last weekend, I figured it was time to gear up with some post pardum pads for home. I didn't want to have to make Matt go buy any after the baby is born. 
While we were shopping, I was trying to figure out which ones I wanted to buy when Matt points to a box and says, “Well, I'd go with these ones because they come with their own sleeping bag. We wouldn't want them to get cold.”
I can't take my husband anywhere! Hahahahaha!

No comments