Five on Friday - {Funny Faces, & Arrowlyn's 3 Months}

{ONE:}  Funny Faces
My Photo Booth app on my Mac got updated and I wanted to see what changes were made so we started up the app and were in hysterics over the new filters they added. 
I could have died laughed over the last 4 pictures we took. I laughed so hard that my throat started to hurt and put me into a coughing frenzy. 
Gosh - I love my husband and the fact that he can be hilarious with me! 







{TWO:}  Diet & Exercise
Last week, I didn't budge an ounce on the scale. I did my research and talked with lots of my friends who nursed and 99% of them all said they couldn't lose weight until they stopped nursing. As much as losing weight is important to me, nursing my daughter is even more.
As I continued to read more about losing weight, I decided I wanted to seek some professional help. Monday morning, I made my way over to Nutrishop in Boise (off Capital) and had a body composition test taken (I'm so overweight! I wanted to cry!) Then they went over what I'm eating and helped me come up with a few options of foods to choose from for each meal.

I learned that one of the reasons I'm not losing weight is because I'm not eating enough protein for my metabolism to feed on while producing milk for Arrow. It all made sense because I'm starving when I wake up in the morning and its' because my body worked so hard to create milk but I didn't give myself enough food that night so it was taking from my muscles.

We actually make good food choices at home (especially Zeplin - he loves a good apple and a handful of carrots.)
but eating out is a big kicker too. I'm good at ordering salads but there are times I just want a burger. I also snack on too many good things that turn into bad things - like peanuts, & pistachios.

After making a few changes, I actually started to see the scale budge. I have been eating every 3 hours (after I nurse Arrow) and haven't been so hungry.

Since it's my birthday, I'm going indulge a bit on a sugary treats though.



{THREE:}  Turning 30 Tomorrow
I have been so excited for this day for a long time!
Yup, you heard me right. I am so excited to turn 30!
There is something special to me about turning 30. My 20's were amazing & chalk full of adventure, sprinkled with a few rough years. I was engaged at 21, married at 22, divorced at 23, and remarried at 24. I was pregnant at 25-26, a mother at 27 & then for a second time at 29.

Turning 30 almost feels like a new life - I am finishing my 20s in a good play and entering my 30s with a beautiful family, a happy loving marriage, stable household, and I'm so in love - with my family, my friends, and my life.
I feel so much more secure with myself and my decisions. I have friends who love who I am and family who constantly remind me of my worth. I have no room for negativity & toxic people and have been able to weed them out through my past 29 years. I have learned so many beautiful life lessons in my 20s that I can only seen the beauty in turning another decade older and applying myself to become the best I can be as a wife, mother and myself.

I can't wait for tomorrow - 10:34am! ;)


{FOUR:}  Zeplin
We measured Zeplin this week on our family height chart and he's grown half a foot since last May! He still wears 3t in everything and although he's growing in height, he's not gaining weight. I told him he was growing tall like his daddy and he said, I want to grow big like Hulk, not daddy. 
We had a good giggle over it. 

*******************************
Zeplin has perfected his letter Z. We've been practicing all week and then Wednesday afternoon he came running to me to show me his Z on his etch-a-sketch. He loves writing it and loves being praised for how well he does too!



*******************************
Zeplin's girlfriend, Hailee, graduated on Tuesday the 17th. Hailee doesn't leave for college until August 1st so we are going to make the most of this summer with her before she's too busy. Last Saturday was her graduation party and we had so much fun!

Zeplin loves Hailee. He talks about her at least once a day. Zeplin always calls her by her full name and it gives us all the giggles. 


*******************************
My son has a potty mouth. I hate it & it's 99% my fault. He's got ears of a hawk and listens to everything we say. He says a handful of cuss words and we've caught him saying, “oh my freakin hell” (yes another phrase I say often.)
He's also been calling us a bunch of weird nicknames like bulk head, or dorkis porkus. We're trying to stop him from saying all those things because although we find them funny, we know other mothers won't if our son calls their kids something. 

We're trying so hard to break him of these crazy & horrible things he's saying but that means we have to quit saying them too and that's our struggle. . . . Well, mostly my struggle. 


*******************************
The older Arrowlyn is getting the more Zeplin enjoys being around her. He loves trying to get her to smile and really loves “watching movies” with her. Most of the time he just wishes she was awake so he can be noisy. She's been such a chill baby - she really just loves watching him be crazy. 



*******************************
I love having conversations with my son. Especially in the car when it's just us without too many distractions. One of my favorites went something like this...
 Z.  “Mommy, do you hate people?”
Me. Appalled.  “No, I don't hate people at all.” 
Z.  “Do you hate when people cut you off in their cars?”
Me.   “Yes, son, I don't like when people drive badly.”
Z. “So, you yell at them and say, ‘You stupid. Get out of the way.”
Me. Totally humbled. “Yes. I do yell at them and I should stop. Will you help me not get so angry at bad drivers.”
Z. “Oh yes mommy! I will say, “Mommy. Stop yelling. It's not nice!”

My son is finally at that age where he notices, hears, & repeats just about everything we say. He's very observant. Gosh I love him - Even though he's catching me in my bad habits and calling me out on them.



*******************************
Zeplin is turning into his daddy. He really enjoys helping Matt in the garage with all of his projects. Matt is almost done putting his motorcycle back together. He already has another project lined up but I'm actually excited about this one!! 



{FIVE:}   Arrowlyn >>-----> 2 Months (13 Weeks)
Why do babies have to grow so fast? 
Arrowlyn turned 3 months old on Monday the 23rd. She is getting so big and strong. She has pretty good neck strength and loves to try to sit up when she's laying down. 




Her hair is also getting so long and beautiful! 
We still can't tell what her eyes are going to be. Some days they look blue and other days they are a pretty green color. It will be interesting to see. 


*******************************
She experienced her first head cold this week. Poor baby girl had icky green snot and would snuff it up, causing her to gag. Nursing was rough as she was constantly gagging and trying to breathe. On one nursing occasion, she sneezed while still latched and a huge green booger blew out and onto my chest. (I don't do snot and vomit. Even though she was my baby, I struggled with the booger.)
We kept Melaleuca & Peppermint diffusing in her room and it really helped. By the middle/end of the week, she was good again. She always kept a smile on her face


*******************************
Arrow is so smiley. You just have to look at her and she will give you the biggest grin. I look forward to seeing her toothy grin one day.... Hopefully she doesn't start getting teeth as early as Zeplin did. I'm a little nervous about nursing her while she's teething. She's already a gnawer - it would really suck if she used her teeth on me one day. 




*******************************
Nothing as really changed as far as her nursing goes. 
Matt gives her a bottle at least 2-3 times a week and she's doing much better accepting it. I usually have to be out of her line of vision while he's feeding her or she will fuss and give me an evil eye. 

We've started noticing her hunger cues a lot more. She will stare me down without blinking and blow slobbery bubbles. As soon as I get close to her, she will then start laughing and flapping her arms in excitement.

As far as sleeping goes - - well, it felt like we had a new born again. Arrow's head cold really hindered her ability to sleep soundly and woke up 3-5 times in the middle of the night. I slept upstairs all week so I could get to her quickly, nurse her & put her back to sleep. Thursday morning was the best morning because she only woke up 1x at 3am-4am and then slept until past 10am. 



*******************************
My favorite part of this week was probably Thursday night when my hub and I took the littles for a walk to the grocery store. I decided to test out our new bike trailer 
I was a little worried to put Arrowlyn in since she's still so tiny but after some proping up with blankets and shoulder pads, she was great!! Especially since she was sitting next to her big brother. 
We made it all the way to the store, grabbed a few drinks and goodies and on our way back, both our babies fell asleep and they were so cute. 
I could have walked for miles if it meant keeping them preserved like that. Eventually Arrowlyn woke up but she stayed quiet & happy until we got home. It was such a pleasant walk - I can't wait to do it again!



No comments