Five on Friday - {Fit One, Lipsense, Tired}

{ONE:} Fit One
Well, my race that I was so excited to sign up for on June 1st, came and went before my own eyes. I didn't get to train or do any preparations for this race since all the issues I've been having with my back after our car accident. Matt and I played teeter totter with the idea of not racing but I thought of my children and realized I wanted to do this for them. Even though they didn't realize how difficult it was for me (pain from my back and stress fractures in my shins), I just knew I needed to do it, no matter how hard.


We got up, got going and were standing in front of the Capital Building with all the other hundreds of people by 8:30am. We stood with our color coordinated group in the Competitive Stroller line under the flag that read "14-15 minute mile." Matt laughed that maybe we should have stood under the 16+ minute mile but I knew I could walk a mile in less than that besides, I was determined to jog.

Zeplin and Matt, jokingly, warmed up, while Arrowlyn was oo'd and aw'd over as people passed by. Through the loud music we eventually were told to get ready to run. By 930am, we were at the START columns and off we went.

Zeplin started off running strong and he did so good. People were laughing and clapping as he took off ahead of us with on over exaggerated sprint, which slowed to a jog and eventually became a walk. Matt tried carrying him but Zeplin just wanted to get in the stroller - thus beginning the actual 5k for Matt and I.

We did good. I jogged the entire first mile until we began to climb the road to the Train Depot and my shins and calves began to scream. Poor Matt was basically walking in comparison to my jog but I kept pushing through. On the parts when I needed to walk, Matt would wrap his arm around my waist and kiss my forehead. I heard a few girls behind us sigh and one say, “Oh! They're so cute. He loves her!” Kind of embarrassing but it was cute.

As we passed the train depot and headed down towards to Ann Morrison park & the finish line, I found a renewed pace and pushed a little harder. Once in the park, there were thousands of people there. And just before the finish line I hear them call out my little family's names!! Everything about that 5k was worth it, just to hear my kids' names over that speaker!


We had to walk back to our car and walking back was much harder than running. We were sore, tired and feeling a little nauseas but we were still happy we went!

Matt and I want to do this again next year, and years after that.



{TWO:}  LIPSENSE

I have officially signed up to sell Lipsense!! It's amazing stuff and I love wearing it! 

I LOVE lipstick and I've always used Clinique lipstick but once I found this stuff and learned that it didn't smudge, smear, or transfer, I knew I had to have it. I bought my first bundle with a color, gloss and remover. I chose a color I could wear every day called Pink Champagne with a Glossy Gloss - it's so subtle and beautiful. I get a lot of compliments on it.
I threw a party 2 weeks ago to share with my friends and ended up getting another color called Napa with a Matte Gloss. In the meantime, someone contacted me about collaborating with her to try a color and blog about it but since I already used it, she talked to me about selling it. It was weird because I thought about selling it anyways but she had a full business plan and had all the answers to my questions including being helpful with getting sales and being available to me for my launch party on October 15th.


 I started my Facebook Group called Carefree Kisses with the description as
 “Have you ever wanted to kiss your babies, spouse, or loved ones, CARE FREE, without worrying about your lipstick transferring to their beautiful faces .... I did and now I can... with Lipsense!
I have been so thrilled with this product so I have decided to sell it. I'm beyond excited to share with my friends and family!! Let me know if you have questions or comments. 
I will be having my launch party on October 15th with LOTS of colors to try. Check your 'events' in the next couple days for the invite!”

I'm really hoping for a good turnout because I really love this product and I'm thrilled to be apart of the company.



{THREE:}  Tired
I've never thought I'd say this but I'm getting tired of blogging. Horrible. But I would rather spend time with my family than on the computer. I know that It's important for me to continue documenting my family's adventures but it's become time consuming. I need to find a new energy for blogging.

Also tiring, being a mom 7 days a week. So, a change in our family is that Matt offered to help his colleague re model their new house. Matt is getting paid to do it so that's nice but it's taking him away from our family a couple evenings a week and between 8-12 hours every Saturday AND Sunday. It's become overwhelming and hard.
The other day, Zeplin snuggled up to his daddy and said, “I wish you didn't leave us so much.” It made us feel pretty emotional. Matt's colleague said it's about a 40-50hr job so I'm anticipating this to last through October.

I've started working more often as well. I'm working every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday morning. I might also work every Thursday night too. Softball is officially over for the year and we just had our 2nd week of volleyball. We played a good time that gave us a run for our money. We won 1 out of the 3 games but our first loss was 33-31 so it was a hard match.



{FOUR:}  Zeplin

Zeplin is really attached to his daddy since Matt's been gone so much. He wants to shower with him, eat with him, snuggle with him and just be near him.



{FIVE:}   Arrowlyn >>-----> 31 Weeks









No comments