Five on Friday - {Friend Dates, Sports & 7 Months}

{ONE:} Friend Dates
I have been so blessed to know someone so beautiful and kind as this dear friend of mine. Joyce and I have known each other since 6th grade and were such good friends through middle school. In High School, we lost touch when I moved to the other side of Nampa but we miraculously reconnected back in 2010 just before I married Matt. And I've been so blessed by it.

We invited Joyce, Trevor and her two children (Amelia & Crosby) to our house last Friday for dinner and although it's been half a year since we'd hung out, and over a year since we'd gotten both our families together, it was almost as if no time had passed!! I love visiting with her and feeling her beautiful presence. Matt really enjoys Trevor's company and our kids all seem to get along great. Joyce made the comment that there are only a few families that Trevor gets along with the husband and she gets along with the wife and we are one of them. I agreed - and it's so true.
We caught up with each other over some salad and enchiladas then moved out to the deck to watch the kids play and laugh over some brownies and ice cream. We all got a kick out of talking about each others parenting woes & humiliations. 3 hours just wasn't long enough but all our children were exhausted and we decided we needed to make our dinners a little more consistent. Again - I agreed!!


On Sunday, I finally got to meet Michelle's new baby girl, Madelyn! We brought them dinner and then settled in to hold their little angel. She's simply beautiful! I mean it - she's stunning! She had the most gorgeous long black hair and beautiful features. She looks just like Michelle. Matt was so happy to be holding little Madelyn and Zeplin was happy to be playing with his best friend Trevor.




On Wednesday, I finally got to meet up with the women I met at Prenatal swimming. It's been almost a year since we all started swimming together and it's been so fun that we've all kept in touch. One of the ladies is a teacher so she couldn't make it and one mother needed to stay home for a bit so it was Emily, Christy and I. We three also have older children so we are able to get our kids together to play while we chat and love on our babies.




 I still think it's so funny that we all met and got to know each other over the course of a month and could be so cool with each other. 
Zeplin and Hayden, Christy's daughter, get along so well and have a lot of fun together.


Tonight I am meeting up with Emily, from swimming, to take her family pictures! I can't wait! I really enjoy spending time with her (as I do all the ladies!)
Update - Pictures done and it was so fun! She has such a cute little family!



{TWO:} Volleyball and Softball
Volleyball league started this week. I've been so unsure about playing because of some personal drama with one of the girls ... But I decided not to let this person affect something I enjoy and besides, all the other girls are great!
Anyways, our game was Tuesday and I was feeling so nervous but we rocked. It was a lot of fun but a little boring. The team wasn't as skilled as ours and I have a feeling that if we keep playing teams like that, we will get bumped up a division like my softball team did. Regardless, I've missed playing volleyball so it was nice to play competitively again.

We had two softball games this week too. It was cold and dark but we had so much fun. We won both of them. I've been so surprised how our team has been doing even being bumped up to the upper division. Next week is our last game and I'm kind of sad. I always feel this way when the season comes to a close. I hope to play again next year but we are thinking of putting Zeplin into t-ball so I'm unsure of what our schedule will look like. I really don't want to give up playing. I love it too much.

I invited Zeplin to go to my softball game

Wednesday. It was late but I felt like he would benefit from getting out of the house and taking care of himself while I'm busy. And I was very impressed with him. He played well with his super heroes until he started to get bored so he found some friends to play with. One of the men on our team brings his older girls occasionally and fortunately they were there to play with Z and keep him entertained. He told me that he loved playing tag and dancing with his girl friends. It was even down pouring at my game but he didn't care. He had so much fun.
After the game, we went out for ice cream and just enjoyed each others company for a short while.


{THREE:} Family Fun
We are trying to get some last minute fun in to our day before the cold weather sets in. We went to Meridian Days on Saturday which was fun for Zeplin but then a couple days into the week, it turned horrible. It's been cold, rainy and a bit miserable, so most of our enjoyment has been indoors.



I love this little family of mine! Actually, is there a word stronger than love? I need to find it because it's the truth.


{FOUR:}  Zeplin
 Zeplin is so smart! The other day, we went to Matt's work and he got to draw on his daddy's white board. Matt wrote Zeplin's name at the top and this kid practically wrote his name for the first time! the Z is perfect, the E is backwards, the P looks like a D, he mixed of the I and the L and attempted his first lowercase N. I can see it plain as day that he attempted his name. I can't wipe the smile off my face!


Some days I'm blown away by how mature my son is and then there are moments when I just can't handle his tantrums. We are working on him understanding what it means to be grateful. Little things like, us getting him a special drink and when we give it to him he yells, “But I wanted BLUE.” .. Anyways, we are trying to help him understand that it's nicer to say, “Thank you for my drink even though I wanted a blue drink.”

Zeplin really wanted to be helpful. He also wants to do things by himself. He loves to try being helpful with his sister and with cooking food. . . Basically, I'm just really proud of my son.


{FIVE:}   Arrowlyn >>-----> 7 Months

Arrowlyn is officially 7 months today! She's closer to a year old than she is to a newborn and I still can't believe how time as flown.

Arrow is super smiley and happy. Life is a game now and she's constantly playing. She squeals with delight with this super cute high pitched scream and her grin is infectious!




 I think I have Arrow's Halloween costume all complete! Now I just need to figure out mine, Matt's and Zeplin's. As you can tell - We're going to be TMNT!! Turtle Power!



I love taking her to my mom's school because she's always so loved on. So many people come out of their offices and classrooms to see her. My old softball coach in high school is the principal at the school and every time I come in, I just pass her off to him because she loves him and visa versa. 


 She's is constantly laughing and smiling. We were in Arrow's room enjoying the sounds of the Zeplin's new whoopie cushion when Arrow starting belly laughing at the sounds. She was laughing so hard and so long that her voice became hoarse.



No comments