Five on Friday - {Columbus Day, Photography, & Kids}


{ONE:} Columbus Day
 Columbus Day was such a treat for our family since Matt had the day off. He spent Saturday and Sunday working on the remodel so when Monday came around, I finally felt like we were a family again.

We ran some errands in the morning, got a few fun items for the upcoming holidays and then around 2pm, we took an hour drive to Glenn's Ferry so I could show my husband the cute and kind of creepy nature walk museum just before you cross the Snake River.

My dad took me there years ago with my nephews and it really weirded me out. But now that I'm an adult, I can appreciate the peacefulness of the area including the statues, inspirational signs and religious artifacts.

It was such a beautiful day. Warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt (for Matt and I). Matt had never been there so he had fun - he loved seeing the snake and got a kick out of watching me squirm around the peacocks. (Because I don't like them)
Zeplin loved the nature, the snake we found and all the free roaming peacocks. I loved all the opportunities for taking pictures of my children. And even just for the short 1mile walk, I really enjoyed just being with my family!!

After our little trip, Matt and I hurried to Meridian so I could play my volleyball game. We actually won all three games but they were hard fought! I had so much fun and I loved having my family there to watch and support. 






{TWO:}  Hailee Ackerman
We've been so excited for Tuesday evening because we knew it was going to be a special day of reunions. Zeplin's girl friend, Hailee, has been gone to college since August and we've missed her so much. She's playing volleyball for EOU and we've just been counting down the days to watch her play in Caldwell at College of Idaho.

Arrowlyn had a blast sitting in her own seat like a big girl. I enjoyed watching the game although EOU, who was undefeated up until that point, lost 3 out of 4 games. AND We were ultra bummed that Hailee didn't get to play for reasons we don't know.


Zeplin was so eager to see Hailee. He asked us if we could buy Hailee a flower and even picked it out for her. It was just a single pink rose but watching him run up to stairs to give it to her was so sweet and priceless.  I love how much Zeplin and Hailee adore each other. When I told Zeplin that Hailee might have a boyfriend, he said, “Well, that's a bummer. I guess if she's happy....” Hahaha. I laughed so hard.


I would love for us to go see her play at one of her home games but I'm just not sure we'll be able to make it over there before her season ends

{THREE:} Kimmy & Journee

Kimmy & Journee's story is not mine to tell. I will say, less than a year ago, they were a family of three until choices, not of their own, plunged them into becoming a family of 2. 
But I'm ever so thankful to take their new family photos! 

I figured since I was going to be in Nampa last weekend that they could avoid the drive to Boise and we could take pictures closer to home. 
I'd never taken photos in this evening light before and I'm so thankful that I had some courage to go out to Lake Lowell and give it a shot because I think the pictures turned out lovely. 




I'm so grateful that a few years ago, I got the opportunity to meet Kimmy through her marriage to my old high school friend. I remember holding Journee for the first time at just a few days old. She was so tiny and sweet. Now she's quite the firecracker - with her adorable demands and infectious smile. Especially when there were bunnies in the frame. 

Although things did not work out between my {old & very possibly, no longer} friend & Kimmy, I'm thankful to make 2 new ones out of these two lovely ladies!


{FOUR:}  Zeplin
We've kind of had some {AweHaa} moments with our son. We've kind of always know that he's felt a little left out since having Arrowlyn so he acts out negatively to get our attention. He told Matt that he yells too much and it really made Matt feel bad so all 3 of us sat down and we talked about how we can all try a little hard to be better.

He's growing up so much ad I can't believe he's going to be 4 in just a few months!!! We had to go buy him some brand new size 4T jeans because he's so tall. 3t fits his skinny waist but they were high waters on him.

{FIVE:}   Arrowlyn >>-----> 33 Weeks
I bet you might not have ever seen a happier baby. Arrowlyn's personality from the beginning was always so sweet and cute and oh so happy. I'm beyond blessed by her and her smiles. She's started doing this adorable head tilt and smile thing that has us in giggles.


 Arrowlyn can't decide how she feels about animals. She loves to look at them but when they get too close, she's unsure of them. Although, we were surprised to see her really wanting to play with Rex when we went to the uncles.






Besides a horrible cold/flu and cough, she's been a super happy girl.

No comments