Zeplin Junior {4y, 10m}

★ Zeplin is surprising us all the time with some of things he says.


- We were watching Guardians of the Galaxy when one of the characters said the 'S' word. Zeplin asked me why he said a bad word and I replied that he was angry. So Zeplin responds with, "well, you know what I would say. 'That was really hard work and I'm now angry.' . . Yeah, that's what I would say instead of that bad word he said."

- I was walking into the room that Zeplin was playing in when he said, "Mom. I really hate it when you yell at me but I hate it even more when I let you down." I wanted to cry. I knelt down and have him a huge hug and reminded him that we all make mistakes but that doesn't change my love for him!!

- Since Halloween is right around the corner, Zeplin has been talking a lot about scary characters. He asked Matt and I why witches eat children (from Hocus Pocus) so I told him I didn't know the answer but I know a movie we could watch about it if he wants. He replied, "No thanks. When we get home, I want to make a sign that says, 'Zeplin will not watch scary movies' because when I watch them, I get scared and I have to tell my mind that it's not real!"





★ Zeplin has been Matt's little buddy more than ever. He's been going shooting with his daddy, then spent the early weekends in October being an awesome hunting buddy! Matt has been chomping at the bit to have his son go hunting with him and it's finally his time.
Zeplin loved hunting the first weekend. Matt said he was quiet, obedient and careful. They saw a lot of animals, including a huge bull moose!

 Z told me when he got back that he loved hunting but he didn't love that he was so cold and his feet kept slipping when they hiked. So we bought him some new hiking/winter shoes and some new gloves before they went out a second weekend.

The 2nd weekend, Oct 13th, the boys didn't wake up as early since Matt had just gotten back from Vegas the night before. They didn't get anything Friday or Saturday morning so they stayed the whole weekend. But sure enough on Sunday afternoon, I got a quick phone call from my son that "He missed my stinky farts and Dad got a deer!" Hahaha. I love my son!

Zeplin was eager to tell me about hunting when they got home that evening. His daddy showed him the brain and heart and he said it was really gross but neat to see.

 I'm not sure if he's going to want to go out again now that he's finally experienced the hunt. Matt said that Zeplin never complained and was the perfect camper - even with the cold snow. He was able to be free, be loud and be himself. I wish I could have been there with him but I'm thankful that he got to experience all that he did with his daddy and uncle.



★ Preschool has been the best decision I've made lately. He's blossoming and loving every second of it!
He loves to bring home his projects and talk about all that he's done.
He has mentioned a few times that he's bored. I noticed his handwriting was getting worse so when I asked him about it, he said, "it's because I already know how to write my name. I'm tired of doing it every day." He wants to learn so much more than ever before and gets bored of the every day stuff. I had to remind him it's not about how much we know, it's about practicing what we learn.

He's only ever felt sick one time but immediately snapped out of it because he was so excited to learn about fire stations that week!

Zeplin loves to ask questions and is super quick to tell us all about what he's learning!




★ Zeplin loves to build things and recently started using his kinex more. I was so surprised to check on him during quiet time and find him building his name! He did fantastic!
He's also really into using beads to make things... (the kind of beads that you iron so they glue together)





 ★ Zj could not have been happier to go on his first field trip to the Fire House on October 12th. It's all he talked about for 2 weeks so when the morning finally arrived, he was so happy!

He loved sitting in the truck, watching the fireman put on his fire suit and going down the fire pole!








No comments