Foo Fighters - A Dream Come True!!

My husband made all my wildest dreams come true on Thursday night!!

A few months back, Matt and I were talking about concerts we'd still love to see. Chris Cornell had just died and I was boobing about never getting to see SoundGarden. So I told Matt that if I could only ever see 1 band in concert it would be Foo Fighters.

Foo Fighters are my most favorite band. Best of You is my favorite song ever and has a lot of meaning to me. 

Literally, the very next day, Matt wakes me up with a phone call on his way to work to tell me that Foo Fighters just announced they were coming to Boise. I thought he was lying. I told him he was being mean and not to joke about that.

I hurried to the local radio station's website and sure enough, Foo Fighters were coming!! Tickets went on sale shortly after and Matt is a VIP member of a ticket company so he got first dibs on tickets before they actually went on sale. Friends of mine, Garrett and Kyli, wanted to go too, so we snagged some tickets for them.

Waiting for the day of the concert was near torture. I could hardly wait. I was ready for the concert almost 2 hours before it was time to go!! 

Adam showed up at 5:30 to babysit the kids and take them to dinner. 
Jeremy and Randon showed up the same time so we could carpool and we were on our way!


We met Garrett and Kyli at the Gramercy for dinner. We really had a great time! I haven't seen or talked to Kyli in almost 8 years so it was fun to catch up and hear how everything has changed in our lives with kids, jobs, etc.


After dinner we were off to the concert! We cheated our way through the traffic on the freeway. I felt horrible for what we did,  but couldn't stop laughing nervously over it. hahaha. We got there just in time for the 1st act to finish. And honestly, if we hadn't cheated, we would have missed Foo Fighters opening number!! But we didn't.

I could have cried when they all walked out! They played all my favorite songs, except Skin & Bones, and of course they played a few songs that weren't favorites so I laughed a little at Matt when they played those.
I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. I was in heaven!!!





This was a dream come true. I got to see my favorite band, hear my favorite song and watch Dave Grohl on the drums!




Charging across the stage with his Gibson hollow-body guitar, Grohl challenged the 9,707 fans happily.
“If my calculations are correct,” he told the crowd in one of his many profanity-laced exchanges, “we haven’t been here in 22 (bleeping) years! You know what that means, right? I hope you wore comfortable shoes!”
When the Foos last visited in 1995, Grohl was fresh off his stretch as drummer for grunge group Nirvana, which dissolved after Kurt Cobain’s suicide. The new band felt like a novelty. (What, a drummer was trying to sing and play guitar?) The Foos played an hourlong set for 505 fans who’d paid $10 at a sold-out Boise nightclub.
Today, the Foo Fighters are one of the world’s greatest arena bands, fronted by an ageless class clown who loves rock music more than anyone possibly could.
The concert was carefully orchestrated — filled with dynamic shifts, meticulously rehearsed jams, even three female backing singers — but still loose enough to seem improvised. “I want this to feel like we’re at that (crappy) bar right down the street from your house,” Grohl said.


By now, it was pushing midnight. Grohl noticed a handful of weary fans sneaking for the exits.
“I know you gotta beat traffic,” he mocked with a grin. “Beat THIS, mother (bleeper!),” he added, ripping into late-’90s favorite “Everlong.”
Nobody beats Grohl. But everybody won at this Foo Fighters show.



Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/words-deeds/article188746959.html#storylink=cpy



Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/words-deeds/article188746959.html#storylink=cpy




Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/words-deeds/article188746959.html#storylink=cpy

No comments