Zeplin Junior - {5y. 2m}

⚄ Lately Zeplin has been coming home from school happier and happier which means so much to me! I worry about him being bored (because he's told me on a bunch of occasions that he was bored at school.) But he really loves what he's learning.


 ⚄  So, we opened a can of worms by letting Zeplin have so much freedom with the iPads during Christmas break. He was pretty addicted to it so I've had to hide them from him. Although, he was getting better at accepting our demands to turn it off and 'take a break', it just became too much for him to put it down. I eventually changed the passwords, deleted the games and took them all away. He was okay about it. He cried a lot in the beginning but eventually started finding other things to do. He loves to draw and create. He's getting really good at building with his legos. 
He did love taking videos and pictures and I loved finding his cute pictures when they sync to my devices.

⚄ When he was not on the iPad, he's usually drawing in his Zombie journal or doing puzzles. I love watching him play in his room but it's not very often that he does. Zeplin loves to be around Matt and I. Even if we aren't doing anything, he just wants to be with us. I love seeing him do things on his own when I'm too busy to sit with him. He makes me so proud!


⚄ Zeplin's baby sister got very very sick earlier in the month and Z felt horrible for her. But he was the best big brother. He wrote her a 'Feel Better' card and a "Z loves A" note. The peak of her sickness was very scary for us but he was so helpful. He got her water, blankets, stuffed animals - basically whatever she wanted. He didn't complain or ask questions. . He just helped in all ways he possibly could!! He was even calming for Matt and I. He was so sweet and kept telling us how bad he felt for his baby sister. 


⚄ He also made his own Valentines for some of his friends and family! We love them. He wrote all our names on them with special stickers inside. My valentine from him had a puppy with drawn hearts all around the cute creature then he wrote 'Deal Mom' above it. Zeplin has this grand plan to buy me a french bulldog one day. He is always asking me what color and gender I want. I love that he wants so badly to give me my dream dog. He loved getting his own valentines from his friends too.  Zj got a valentine from this cute little girl in his class named Sloan. We tease him that he has a crush on her but he doesn't - it's just fun to tease. He told us she had a cute little voice and she was adorable so it added fuel to the fire. When he opened the Valentine he smiled and then caused a scene about how he didn't want one from Sloan. . . It was funny. 


⚄ The weather has finally been a little kinder which has allowed us to spend some time outside. Zeplin is determined to learn how to roller skate so we've spent a few afternoons on our front sidewalk practicing while Arrowlyn is napping. He loves it and I really think it's something he'll get the hang of quick. 
Matt really wants him to learn to ride his bike without training wheels this spring and I think Zeplin has matured enough to try harder to learn. 

He's also playing with his friends a lot more. Jace comes over almost daily and they play for hours. They're getting better at communicating with each other. They used to fight a lot but I think PreK has really helped Zeplin with patience and how to share.


 ⚄ Matt and Zeplin unintentionally matched their outfits one night. It was adorable to me. They're such twins in their mannerisms and things they enjoy! To see them sitting next to each other and laughing at the same thing on TV just proves that they're meant to be besties! I love this father-son duo.


 ⚄ Overall, Zj has been a great helper and really tries to do his best with cleaning his room and take care of his responsibilities. He has been smarting off a bit and I'm sure he learned it from some of the youtube videos he's been watching. We also caught he and his best friend playing Transformers and his friend was cussing and choosing some colorful language. Matt squashed it and Zeplin jumped up and said, "It wasn't me! I told him not to talk like that." 


We have to have a heart to heart with him though - because he was finding humor in making bad choices and thought it was funny to make us mad. It came to a head when we were saying our bedtime prayer and Zeplin interrupted me to tell me he needed to fart. Harmless, but I was offended. I told him to leave my room and go to bed. Instead he went to his father and told him how horrible he felt. I heard Matt tell him to go back to me and apologize. He did - and asked me to pray with him again. He said, "Mom. I really feel bad for upsetting you but every body farts and I had to do it at that moment. I'm sorry. Can we pray again?" 


⚄ Zeplin has his moments when he's a great brother and other moments when he's not. One particular occasion, he was an exceptional brother. Arrowlyn was not nice and punched him in the face. I let her know that was unacceptable and it made her cry. So Zeplin walked over to her, gave her a hug and let her know that he still loved her and he wasn't hurt. She apologized. I'm so glad I got to witness their love!
Besides that moment, they actually play really well together. They love to be crazy just before bed.  


No comments