Arrowlyn Darline - {2y 3m}

⁕Arrowlyn is growing like crazy. She's almost an inch taller than she was 3 months ago and sassier than ever. And she loves testing her boundaries. If we tell her not to touch something, she will deliberately touch it. 

⁕ The biggest change in her this month has been her vocabulary. She loves to have conversations with us and is starting to put 5-10 word sentences together. She loves to learn from experience and is always asking us to teach her something new. 

⁕Arrow's hair is getting really long but because it's so curly, it looks short. The top of her head/hair is straight so I have been putting it in a pony tail on top or pig tails. 

⁕ Today is the last day that Arrow and I will be together alone now that Zeplin is done with school until August. She's been my little shadow for awhile and it's been a treat. We loved taking walks, going to the park for picnics or visiting Grandma in Nampa. It'll be fun having Zeplin around this summer so I can have double the fun and double the trouble. 




⁕ Arrow loves her brother. She's always looking to him for how to act, how to pose and what to say. 

They are truly becoming best friends. They run and laugh and play. Every morning, Zeplin lets her out of her room (since she can't open her door yet), and they watch cartoons until breakfast is ready. She would really love to spend time with him when he's playing with his friends but she's just a little too young still. 




⁕ Our neighbors home is Arrow's 2nd home. She is over there every night and begs me to let her go to  their house all during the day. Bella usually spends the week days with her family during the summer but I hope that we'll get to hang out with her a bit otherwise I'll have a very broken hearted daughter. 


⁕Arrow gave us the worst scare on the 16th, when she screamed that her wrist hurt, but continued to scream it if we moved it, or touched it. She refused to use her entire arm but only complained of her wrist so I thought it was broken. We took her to the ER where they did x-rays and it turned out, it wasn't broken. But she was still in a lot of pain and refused to use her arm. 
I got her an appointment with her peditrician for Friday morning. But by the time the appointment came around, she was fine.    

We still went to her appointment and we learned that she experienced a dislocated elbow called Nursesmaid elbow. He explained that it's not an emergency since it went back into place on it's own but to be careful because it can happen again and again.

And wouldn't you know it, the very next day at dinner, she was throwing a fit at Hugos. She sat on the floor, refusing to get up, so when I reached for her hand to pick her up, she threw herself on the ground and dislocated her elbow again. She screamed so loud and fiercly that it scared me. I felt the elbow dislocate. We rushed the kids into the car and headed to the nearest quick care. But it dawned on me that if they couldn't even help her in the ER, how is a quick care doctor supposed to help her. So we went home. She continued to scream and tell us to go away and leave her alone. I bawled and bawled because I knew it was my fault!

I got a quick idea to see if there were any videos on how to fix her owee and sure enough, there was. Matt tried it and it didn't work so I decided to give it a shot.
I instantly felt it pop back into place and to make her feel better, we pretended to play 'bop the weasel'  until she took her arm back, kissed me and yelled to her daddy that 'Mommy fixed her arm.' I continued to cry because I felt horrible but then I felt like super mom for being able to take care of my daughter!!

We know now that you absolutely cannot put her up by the arms, swing her or grab her wrists when she's trying to fall on the ground.



No comments