Zeplin Junior - {5y, 5m}

💥 Zeplin only has 2 days left of school! Time is just flying by and I know this summer is going to fly by too.
Zeplin has officially started the 2nd Series of Bob books and is crushing it!! He is doing an amazing job at just sounding out the words instead of whining that he doesn't know it. I've been praying for patience so I can be better at teaching him. I have a goal to keep working with Zeplin through the summer so all the money we spent on preschool isn't in vain. I bought him some flash cards for us to work on every single day so keep up on his learning!

💥On the 10th of May, Zeplin saw our family eye doctor and we learned he does have an astigmatism in his right eye. His left eye had perfect vision so it was making his right eye go lazy. He will be in glasses for 6 months until we can go back and see if it's getting better. If it's not then he will need vision therapy. But Doc doesn't think he will because it really wasn't that bad.
I was so sad for him only because glasses are a pain in the butt but I'm glad we caught it before he started school. And he is soooo handsome in glasses!!!! He's a good looking kid!!





💥Mothers Day was a treat from my son!! He made something at school and made sure to hide it from me until Mothers Day on the 13th.
I love how thoughtful my son is. Truly he is the most carefree loving and thoughtful little boy! I hope he always stays this way!!

💥With the weather getting better, Zeplin has been spending a lot of time with his friend, Jace. They have the most fun but also the most tension I've ever seen in a little kids friendship. Jace has two big brothers so he's a tough kid but Zeplin doesn't like when Jace picks on him and struggles when things don't go his way. I've had to separate them a few times because things get a little to intense. We've also overheard Jace calling Zeplin names (bad word names) and have had to send him away when he does.
I struggle when they're together but I can't hear them. I want to give Zeplin some freedom to play like a little boy with the neighborhood friends but I struggle to not hover and help Zeplin. But when they're not fighting, they're the best!!

💥Zeplin really does not enjoy soccer. He never wants to go to practice and absolutely hates preforming at games. His coach gave suggestion that we should give him a little caffeine before the games because he is always telling coach that his body is too tired to play. I know it's not the truth because Zeplin uses that phrase when he doesn't want to do something, like chores.
Anyways, it worked!! He was tough and ran around like a wild man when in the past he was very lethargic and timid.

But on the 12th, his team was mixed up with some great kids and he was with 2 other little boys who were amazing at soccer. They pulled Zeplin aside and said, "You go to the goal and we will pass it to you so you can win a goal for us!" and he did!!! The 3 boys were enthusiastic and kind with Zeplin, who was not at the same level as them. But they made Zeplin feel like he could do so well and he did! It made my mommy heart swell!
My mom got him a soccer goal and he was so excited. We want to keep working with him so when fall comes, he might actually want to play.
Tomorrow is his very last day with a Jamboree in Middleton. It should be fun.

💥Also on Mother's Day, Zeplin came to me and said his tooth kind of hurt and when he showed Matt and I, he exclaimed, "I think it's loose!" I squealed with excitement for him and we both laughed and celebrated! He's excited for all the right reasons - of course - the tooth fairy and getting money! And I'm just so excited for his next face in life and his new smile!!
I feel like this month has been full of milestones for Zeplin!!

 ðŸ’¥I love his fun creative imagination. He loves to make things and then play pretend with them. He's also really into making books. We have to write out the words to his pictures but they're so much fun!
 



 ðŸ’¥He is an incredible big brother! He's become really good at guiding his sister, and be a good example for her.



 ðŸ’¥We were supposed to meet Zeplin's new principal and teachers one evening and that fell through (Because I wrote down the wrong time) but since we had a babysitter for Arrow we decided to take the time & spend it just with Zeplin.
We went to Dairy Queen and got ice creams, laughed and goofed off. Zeplin has the funnest, sweetest and goofiest personality and we love when it shines!



💥Zeplin has been begging Matt and I to give him piano lessons and drumming lessons. Neither of us truly know how to play the piano. We are both self taught and Matt doesn't really have the time to teach Zeplin how to drum. We are both indecisive on really putting him in either until he's a little more responsible. 

No comments