Zeplin Junior - {5y 7m}

✋ Zeplin kicked off this month with a banged up nose after running into a mailbox! He was running pretty fast when he looked behind him to see if his friend was coming and BAM! right into the mailbox. Poor Kid! Although it really sucked when it happened because there was a lot of blood and tears, he laughed about it the next day and really wished we would have gotten it on video for Epic Failures!

His luck continued to get worse when he got swarmed by hornets in the parking lot at Fred Meyers on July 1st. He got stung on the finger and the abdomen. I rushed him inside and opened up a thing of benadryl right in the isle then took him to the deli to get bags of ice. His finger was twice the size in a matter of minutes. Fortunately he's not allergic and was only frightened by what happened. It definitely hurt and he cried through the store.
By that night he was calm, and tired and by the next morning he was completely pain free and acted as if nothing happened.

His little sister was ultra soothing for him though. She held his hand and said, "I got you bubby, I got you!"


✋Zj starts school in less than 3 weeks!

We are ready!!! We took him school clothes shopping and got all his stuff ready for his backpack and his teacher! He's been really applying himself at the programs at the library so I really have no worries for him doing well in school. We've also been doing homework every single morning to help with his preparation and he's really doing well!
He's kicking butt with his reading and is already passed through the BOB books and is reading the little readers books now.



✋He's finally reached that super awesome age where he loves to spend hours playing in his room with his toys! I've been praying for these months for so long! hahaha. I feel bad that I'm such a terrible 'PLAY' mom. I used to be really good when he was a baby but as he's gotten older, he's a little bit bossy. I told him that if he wants his 'playtime' to go a certain way then he needs to play by himself. I think he's finally grasped that concept.

✋ Arrowlyn and her brother have a fun little relationship that isn't always the sweetest. 
Zeplin told me that other day that he thinks Arrow hates him because she's always kicking him and punching him. But I have to remind him often that she doesn't do things that she didn't learn from someone else. He's pretty good at pushing and shoving her too. I cherish their loving moments!

✋Swimming lessons went well and I feel like he's blossomed quite a bit. Or at least his attitude did. He was excited to be there and excited to learn. He still needs a lot more practice but he will get there. 

✋Zeplin spent an entire week at a Vacation Bible School at Ten Mile Christian Church. Unfortunately he hated it. I wanted him to love it and have so much fun but he's not a singing and dancing type of guy. He loved the art projects and stories though. 
When the week ended I asked him what he learned and he replied, "Jesus is my treasure and he will always take care of me."


✋ Zeplin made a comment about selling his sister because he just wanted some alone time with me so I realized he really needed some one on one time with me. He loves the idea of going on a date with me so we went on a date to dinner and a movie. We saw Incredibles 2 and it was fantastic. While we were making the plans, Zeplin asked my mom to come with us and I was happy to have her come! We laughed so hard during the movie - it was really cute! 

I enjoyed our date night and have been loving getting to know this sweet young man through his different phases in life. We need each other. 



✋ Matt took Zeplin to the Meridian Speedway for a guys night. Zeplin has very sensitive ears so it only took a couple races before Matt decided it was time to leave. They finished the night with snocones!


✋I'm so sad and excited to think that next month when I do Zeplin's monthly update, he will have been in kindergarten for 2 weeks!! 


I wanted to share a sweet insight Zeplin had for me. I was cooking breakfast when he was sitting at the table eating blueberries and he said, "Mom, why don't you ever say you forgive me?" I was already emotional so I choked back a sob and sat down across from him. I asked him more about what he was asking. He said, "When I make a mistake, how come you don't tell me you forgive me?" He shared an experience he witnessed between my sister and niece that prompted the question. I explained that although I don't say those exact words, instead I say It's okay, or No worries - that I will use that language from now on. He agreed that we should all work on saying it because it's "good manners" in his own words. 
I love him and his sweetness. 


No comments