
Spring is upon us and we couldn't be happier!Last weekend's weather was beautiful. (Besides a few windy spells.) The only nasty weather was when we took Zeplin to the ward Easter egg hunt Saturday morning and we about frove our butts off in the freezing wind.
Fortunately the rest of the day warmed up and were able to clean up our garden from the winter. We had a great time playing in the grass and feeling the sun on our faces.
Sunday was even more gorgeous and we spent the afternoon at our favorite park off Warm Springs. There were a lot of kids there and Zeplin had a great time while Arrowlyn snoozed peacefully against my chest. We didn't stay for long because ... well, you'll read about it my recovery section.
The rest of the week was a little hit and miss with the weather. We spent the whole week indoors until Matt could get home to take Zeplin out. The two of them enjoyed bike rides, walks, tag, hide-n-go seek & other fun games that boys like to do. I really wished I could be apart of the fun but doctors orders required me to chill for a bit earlier in the week.
{TWO:} C-Section Recovery
I kind of took a step back on my recovery over last weekend. Not sure what I did exactly (besides the pain started after I spent a shopping trip carting around Arrowlyn in her bulky carseat.) From then on, my incision has been painful to touch and worse when I move around (twisting and sitting down). I'm not too thrilled with this change nor the fact that by the evening I have to pop 600mg of Ibuprofen. I also started bleeding again - really heavily for the last 2 weeks. I called my doctor on Monday and I was instructed to resume the 600mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours and call them Tuesday to see if the meds helped.
The bleeding slowed when I woke up throughout the night. I continued chilling out at home this whole week just to make sure the bleeding was over!
I really hope I can resume activity soon. I KNOW I over did myself with all the walking and chasing Zeplin around and random activities I've been doing. I was just feeling so good but by the end of each day I would hurt and would have to remind myself “YOU JUST HAD SURGERY!!!” But the next day, I was at it again. It apparently caught up to me.
{THREE:} Minky Couture Blankets
Zeplin and Arrowlyn were each given the most beautiful blankets from their aunt Nichole (Matt's sister). They are literally stunning!
Arrowlyn's blanket is perfect with soft pink arrows and a pink rosebud pattern mink on the opposite side.
Zeplin's blanket is blue/green/white chevron pattern with a navy blue mink opposite.
Zj loves his blanket and carted it around the house all week talking to me about how soft it felt on his face. Even Arrowlyn snuggles her little face into her blanket every time I lay her on it. I've decided to use her blanket as a backdrop for each of her monthly pictures as you'll see below in her section.
{FOUR:} Zeplin
Zj has been doing a great job making better choices. We've been battling a daily battle of him not listening when we call for him & him deliberately choosing not to do something we tell him.
He knows when he makes bad choices. My mom said during a walk she took with him, he told her that he made a bad choice when he & I went shopping last week (Yes, his memory is strong). He told my mom that he wants to be a good boy and make better choices - and he's been great this week!
********************
Grandma Cindy bought him a turtle shell and the next day, we found some swords to go in it. (His latest obsession is TMNT. Not my favorite but Matt has fond childhood memories was watching the original turtles so he's happy to share this with his son.)We also took Z out to fly a new SpiderMan kite. He loved it and we had fun watching him.
********************
Zj has turned into quite the engineer. He loves to make stuff with his tinker toys and blocks.
He pretends to build robots and zombies out of his blocks and then attacking them with his weapons. Whenever they break down, he builds them back up.
I've been proud of him and his great little imagination!
********************
Zeplin got to ride on his dad's motorbike for the first time this week. He seemed to have a good time while he was riding but when he got off, he told his dad that he didn't like it and he was afraid they were going to crash. I'm sure he will ride again but as of now, he says he doesn't want to.
********************
Zeplin got to ride on his dad's motorbike for the first time this week. He seemed to have a good time while he was riding but when he got off, he told his dad that he didn't like it and he was afraid they were going to crash. I'm sure he will ride again but as of now, he says he doesn't want to.
********************
Zeplin is very aware of his little sister. He asks about her often when he doesn't see her. (Typically she's in her crib.) He also loves to give her kisses when she's crying and talk softly to her when she's awake.
******************
I've been having some horrible mommy guilt lately and I've been worried that my son is going to grow up resenting his little sister or being upset with me because of the time and attention I've been having to spend with Arrowlyn. I know it's probably just my own insecurities but my heart breaks every time he begs me to play with him and I'm nursing Arrow so I can't. Or the few times he wants me to read to him and I'm just so exhausted at the end of the night that I just want to sleep.
Matt has been snapping at Zeplin lately which is so out of character for him. We had a tearful exchange over how we can become better parents for him. I don't want us to get in a habit of always yelling when there are better ways to get through to our son.
I hope that over the next few weeks and months, when Arrow's needs don't demand so much from us that we can become a little more ‘ourselves.’
{FIVE:} Arrowlyn >>-----> 4 Weeks
These 4 weeks have flown by so quickly and I actually cried when Wednesday rolled around.
Arrowlyn is such a blessing to our family and has really brought a little slice of heaven with her.
**********************
*****************
We've also learned that Arrow has very sensitive skin. She developed a rash on her chest after I used a wet wipe to clean up some spit up. I'd also been noticing the lotion & baby wash I had been using gave her a bunch of little bumps all over her body. I knew I needed to change things including the detergent to clean her clothes and I was planning on heading to the baby store to find some new baby wash that was more organic .... when my friend, Chea, beat me to it. It was as if she had read my mind when she dropped off a baby gift for Arrow full of Burts Bees baby stuff. I was beyond thrilled and that night I used a few of the items on Arrow and all her bumps were gone the next day. Even her acne was cleared up!I've always been a fan of Burts Bees for my own uses - - I love that I can give Arrow her own treatment now too.
*****************
Being the only one to feed her makes future nights feel daunting (due to knowing I'll be getting little sleep for who knows how long), but the connection we have together makes it worth it. I now understand what mothers say when they become emotionally attached to nursing their babies.....
*****************
Arrowlyn's hemangioma (fluid bubble) on the top of her head is finally gone, leaving her with a beautiful, round noggin (as Zeplin calls her head.) and her acne is almost completely cleared up. I can't tell what her eyes are going to look like - they are really light but they don't look blue like Zeplin's were. I'm so excited to see what they're going to be.
She is so hairy! lol. Her shoulders, her head and even her ears. It's adorable!!!
*****************
Matt calls her his pretty little princess and dressing her up as such. He loves putting her in dresses and cute girly outfits. It's been fun to see him treat her like a princess.
Arrowlyn's hemangioma (fluid bubble) on the top of her head is finally gone, leaving her with a beautiful, round noggin (as Zeplin calls her head.) and her acne is almost completely cleared up. I can't tell what her eyes are going to look like - they are really light but they don't look blue like Zeplin's were. I'm so excited to see what they're going to be.
She is so hairy! lol. Her shoulders, her head and even her ears. It's adorable!!!
*****************
Matt calls her his pretty little princess and dressing her up as such. He loves putting her in dresses and cute girly outfits. It's been fun to see him treat her like a princess.
PS. I love these baby pictures. Arrow and Zeplin faces look so much alike and Arrow looks like my baby pictures with all the dark hair and eyebrows. But as Zeplin has grown up, he's starting to look so much like his daddy even with a 2 year difference.
We are blessing Arrow tomorrow. It will be a small gathering like it was with Zeplin.
I look forward to the Easter weekend with our families.































No comments
Post a Comment