Five on Friday - {Movies, Biking & Working Out}

{ONE:}  Watching Movies.

 Zeplin loves watching movies. He thinks it's great to sit in his club house and fall asleep to them. We have to constantly monitor his screen time. But Arrowlyn is also intrigued by movies too. She will lay next to her brother in the theatre room and watch shows with him for quite a long time.


One Tuesday, we got a last minute idea to head to Nampa and spend some time with mom. We'd talked about going to see the new Ninja Turtle movie and knew that she wanted to go. Fortunately, her cheap seats theatre was still playing it so we were able to finally go. 

Zeplin wore his Ninja Turtle shirt AND his turtle shell. He also made my mom and I put TMNT tattoos all over his arms and we each got one of our own. People were all smiles seeing my little guy in his outfit and a few even stopped us to say, “I bet we know what movie he just saw!”
Arrowlyn was a peach as she sat in her car seat and walked over 50% of the movie. 40% she slept and the last 10% I held her as she squealed and had a great time. 






{TWO:} Riding Bikes
Matt and I love riding the greenbelt on our bikes and we decided Zeplin was finally old enough to ride his bike with us instead of in the carriage. HE ROCKED IT!! I could not have been more proud. I was beaming from ear to ear as we rode through the trees, over the bridges and along side the river. We did over 2 miles and our son never complained, cried, or acted like he couldn't do it. He was thrilled to just be with us and kept asking if we were proud of him. 
 There were only a few times that we really had to get after him to pay attention to where he was riding but the other runners and bike riders were so patient with him and us. Zeplin lead the way for probably 80% of it. He even learned that when passing a walker, you always yell, “Oh your left.” All the walkers were in giggles hearing his little voice.




BTW, My son wants to be a dare devil!! He rode so fast down some hills. One in particular had me chasing him, running along side my bike and praying that he wouldn't fall. He didn't fall but I about had a heart attack! Then he found a few other hills that he wanted to ride down that weren't so steep so I agreed to them. He had a blast!! We also rode past a BMX track and saw a man attempting some moves. Zeplin came to a screeching halt to watch him jump the hills. He was awe struck!


 After 2 miles, we decided to turn back but Zeplin was acting a little tired and began to slow down. Matt suggested he and I stay behind (since we were at a good spot to park our bikes and play for a bit) and Matt rode the 2 miles to the car with Arrowlyn and drove back to us to pick us up.


While we waited for Matt, we really enjoyed ourselves at the playground. Zeplin and I ran and played, laughing loudly and just being fun together! I sure love being carefree with my little man!

Zeplin also rode his bike the 3/4 of mile it takes to get to the library 3 times this week. He's going to be our best buddy soon enough!




{THREE:} Working Out & Walking
Prior to my accident, it was my goal to walk every night in June and start running at the beginning of July so that I would be ready for my 10k in September. I almost didn't think I was going to stick to my plan but honestly, I've been feeling much better with all the treatment that I've been gradually getting back into working out. Since I didn't walk much during June (nor July), I'm going to have to push myself into running shape sooner. Although - Matt and I decided that we are going to just do the 5k instead.
This week was fun as I've been challenged by my FitBit friends in a competition. My goal was to have 10k steps done by 10am every day. . . . it didn't happen. hahaha. but I did get 10k steps every day (except today)!

It helped walking to the library every morning. I wore Arrowlyn which was a little bit of a mistake because it triggered the pain in my SI. 


I've made a really good friend from my neighborhood who has a 2yr old daughter and a 4 month old son. She played basketball at BSU and is an amazing athlete. We've been carpooling to Wednesday night volleyball the last for weeks this week came up with the idea to start working out together. So Wednesday prior to volleyball, we got together and did an amazing leg workout. We came up with a plan to get together more and do more intense workouts a few times a week.


September 24th is going to come quickly and I need to use every day until then to get my lungs ready for that 5k.


{FOUR:}  Zeplin




************************
Zeplin and Trevor
These two are so cute! It'd been awhile since we'd seen Trevor and we decided to meet up Thursday for Tinker Time so the boys could play. When Zeplin and I finally got there, he ran up to Trevor and yelled a quick Hello. Trevor jumped out of his seat and gave Zeplin the biggest huge. Everyone in the room swooned. It was so cute!!

Then on Friday, Michelle invited us over to have a fun water play date with Trevor's big brother and friend. They had a blast! I mean, seriously, a BLAST! We put the little pool under their playground slide and the boys all slid down into the pool going so fast but loving every second of it. We laughed so hard. Zeplin was desperate not to leave. A few hours after we left, Michelle sent me a picture of Trevor passed out on a restaurant bench. Apparently he was worn out. Zeplin didn't give us any grief going to bed tonight so he was tired too. 

************************
Library Time
We went to the library every day this week! We had the best time! Especially Monday when Zeplin's teacher finally chose him to sing his good morning song too. Zeplin wanted him to sing like Paw Patrol so after each sentence they barked like a dog. Good Morning Zeplin (woof!) It was so cute! 

************************
Zeplin loves making his sister laugh - which is great because we love watching him be crazy and listening to her laugh. 


{FIVE:}   Arrowlyn >>-----> 22 Weeks
Arrow loves bathtime. She especially loves taking baths but she's pretty happy in the shower too!! We love watching her splash and laugh while the water and bubbles surround her little body!! She's such a ham!






************************

Arrowlyn is, finally, such a good eater! I tricker her to eating food by mixing a little bit of my milk in the food. Eventually she began eating food without my milk. In one sitting this week, she ate squash and green beans - The entire bottles!! We've also been giving her little tastes of ice cream and popsicles! We took the best movie of her sucking on a popsicle. Matt asked if she wanted some more and her eyes got big. She even moved her hand/fingers in a motion like, ‘Give me more!!’ Then she went to town sucking the juice out of that cold treat!





************************
Arrowlyn also enjoys library time. She cannot wait to join the fun!


************************
The favorite part of this month is the new noise that Arrow has started making. She sucks on her tongue and makes a sucking sound that imitates a frog. It's so adorable and we can't stop laughing when she does it. We love every thing about her - her weird noises, her laugh and even her cute little cries. 


Oh and my daughter is a toe sucker!! 










 PS! How cute is Noah!? This is Tasha's little boy who shares the same birthday as Noah! He's identical to Mateo! Tasha - you make some dang handsome baby boys!!


No comments