
America's birthday, for 24 hrs, was wild, fun and full of memories!!! I was woken up by Victoria at my door. Then my mom came. We rushed out the door to be to the parade by 11am.
I have to admit, The Parade America for Boise really isn't that great... compared to Dairy Days... but anyways, it was great for what it was ... A CELEBRATION OF FREEDOM IN AMERICA!
After, the parade, we were going to take my mom to see the new Albertsons but that got ruined by my bad brain. I thought lunch was at 3pm but at 12:55pm, we got a text that everyone was at our house waiting for us. I felt bad. We rushed home and hurried to get our portion of the food ready. By 2pm, we were ready to eat. We visited, played ladderball and just enjoyed each others company. Arrowlyn had the best time of everyone with all her shenanigans of spraying people with her water gun!!


Around 7pm, we loaded our family up in the truck with our bikes and took off for a bike ride to Ann Morrison Park for the fireworks. It was Arrowlyn's first time seeing big fireworks up close so I wanted it to be special. We picked a great spot up close, locked up our bikes and wandered around! The kids had a blast eating the fair food. Whoops, I mean, I had a blast eating the fair food. Give me a churro and I'm happy as a clam!We met up again with Kira and family for a little get together. We didn't stay with them because she was with her whole family and we didn't want to intrude. After a little fun with the littles, we headed back to our spot. It was getting dark and the fire works were starting......
Boom!! Crackle!! WOW!!! was about all I heard from the sky all the way down to my kids! They loved it. Eventually, they wanted to take off so we tried to leave before it was finished but ended up leaving right when it ended. lol.It was so dark, cold and crowded as we tried to navigate our bikes around the chaos. I felt very protective of my son who was being very brave and mature. I had one grown man yell at Zj and me. I've been trying to curb the curse words that come out of my mouth - but this time I couldn't stop the F bomb that flew out as I told the man to back off!
It caused Zeplin to accidentally run into Matt. Z felt horrible and kept apologizing but we assured him, as well as a handful of pedestrians that saw, that it was not Z's fault and he was doing an excellent job!!
Arrow fell asleep on the 1 mile bike ride back to the truck. Zeplin did his best the entire way and asked if we were proud of him.... which we replied with an emphatic YES!!
We all went straight to bed when we got home at 11pm. Zeplin and Arrowlyn have been sleeping in Arrowlyn's room for some reason. The two of them cuddled up (Zeplin in Arrow's bed and Arrow on the floor in some blankets) and passed out.
Unfortunately, Matt had to work so we were up early. I was in the tub when Zeplin woke up at 9am and Arrow woke up at 10am. 24 hours of celebration was a bit much but America is worth it!!







































No comments
Post a Comment