Happy D-Day to me!!

What is a D-day you ask>>> MY DAY I GOT DIVORCED!!! aka. My freedom day!
I got the idea from my friend Shandel - And from there it blew up into a huge celebration!!

A year ago on the 26th - I got divorced. - unbeknown to me at the time, but extremely hopeful, was the best decision of my life. I turned my papers in that morning at 8:30am. Aaron was so mean to me in the courthouse, I was crying. Once everything was done, Aaron turned to leave and the "gentle"man (literally, he was so kind) stopped me, called me over to him and said, "I can tell this is holding you back. I'm so sorry. I will hand deliver these to the judge today and will call you when it's final." He took down my cell phone number and I left the courthouse.
The man called me at 3pm telling me the judge signed off and it was final. I hurried to the courthouse to grab the papers.

Anyways, so once I got the idea to celebrate - I went to work!  I called most of my friends and told others at work. Then created an event on facebook called -
Little Black Dress Party - Dessa's D-Day Celebration.
Description
I will officially be divorced for exactly 1 year on February 26th. This last year has been the best year of my life. So, I want to celebrate with you, my friends, by getting all dressed up/sexy and going to dinner.
Going forward - I hope the time together can be inspiring and uplifting for each of us - and we can all leave knowing that we are amazing, beautiful women!
♥ Dessa Mae

I made reservations at Tuscanos in Boise. .. The majority of everyone had never been there so it was quite a hit.
Our servers got quite a kick out of us all dressed in black celebrating a 1 year anniversary for being divorced. But we had so much fun!

Matt let me borrow his mustang to drive to dinner.
















Nick, our waiter!


Colleen & Me
Stacey, Tara, Danielle, Amber, Me, Angie, Heather, Colleen



So, this is Matt.
And what should I say about Matt besides that he is so sweet and these last three days have been so much fun with him!
We met about 5 months ago - remember that time I went shooting and kicked everyones butt?? - Yeah, he was there. But I was with Brandon so there was no way I was going to even think about - & Apparently he was asking about me but everyone told him I was taken.
We became friends on facebook and tried to make plans every so often to go shooting with our mutual friends but never did.
Well, about 2 weeks ago I was hanging out with another mutual friend, Danielle, at church when I decided to ask her about Matt. When she said he was single ------Awww, you can imagine what I thought!
I text her the next day and asked if she was fine with me potentially getting to know Matt.
Finally on Thursday I got the courage to send him a message and it blossomed from there.
Matt asked me on a date for Friday night - We went to dinner at Olive Garden (which I left my left over food on the table - Typical!!!) then just spent time getting to know each other. It's been amazing ever since. It's funny listening to him talk - because he says things that I've said to my friends and family. We both love the same things. He's a country boy at heart and enjoys the mountains, fishing, biking, running etc.

We'll just have to wait and see where this goes.

I was very happy when he asked me if we could spend time together after my girls night.
So, obviously I said yes.

I just like being around him!

And Stacey brought up a valid point -
"How weird is it that you'd meet someone with potential on your d-day!!?"

No comments