Bitter Sweet

My Beautiful Grandmother, LaMona, passed away last Wednesday evening.
Grandma Newren was born in Raymond, Alberta, Canada on 9.14.29 and passed away on 4.20.11 around 5pm. She was found by her visiting teachers who were bringing her dinner for the evening. They said she looked peaceful, as though she was sleeping...which they thought she was. 
Grandma had just come home the weekend prior from an emergency visit to the hospital - They had to remove some her small intestine which had died and was blocking everything. My mother and her brother came to be with her. After a week in the hospital, she was released to come home. My mom left the next day.
Grandma was doing amazing! She told everyone daily that she hadn't felt better in years.
I never anticipated receiving the phone call from my mother after practice last week that she had passed.

The funeral was beautiful. My grandmother looked beautiful. I had to really focus on the knowledge that  she no longer occupied the body. But I KNEW she was there! I could feel her. My mother was so strong. I truly admire her and her strength.
Dedicating the Grave
My Daddy placing his flower/part of his heart on her casket
Aunt Dawna and Uncle Leonard came all the way down from Caldwell, ID

It meant a lot to me to have my dad's family come to my mom's family event.

And although we cry outwardly for our loss, we rejoice inwardly for her reunions above.

Grandma, My mom, Karey, Uncle Tracey and my Grandpa
I love how my momma is smiling at her mother. She loved her so much

No comments