My Colored Engagement Ring

WOW! I can only say WOW! I have received so many comments about how beautiful and unique my engagement ring is. 
And I have to agree with them - - - 

Matt got really serious about asking me to marry him over a month ago. I was so in love with him that I didn't care about a ring, I was so spontanteous that we could have just run away together and got a ring later. But he wouldn't have it! I found him shopping online one night for rings. He turned and asked me what kind of ring I wanted. I knew that because he was so traditional there was no changing his mind to just run away. I found multiple rings that I loved. Then I found the one with a pink stone in the middle and mentioned that I thought it was amazing. The next thing I know, he's calling me asking me if I was serious about the pink stone!? I told him yes! I did not want a diamond - I already had a diamond and it didn't mean anything to me. He was ordering the ring at that very moment!
It had to be custom made and ordered - 2 weeks! Almost the longest two weeks of my life! In the meantime, we're talking about dates and making arrangements for our future. He asked my daddy if he could marry me on a Saturday while I was playing in a softball tournament.


My mom text me when he came over to meet with them! I was elated!
About the time we were expecting the ring to be back, we got the phone call that it was finally here. We had to wait about 3 days to finally find the time to go get it. He let me come so I could try it on!
I didn't want to take it off!! It was beautiful! Everything I could have ever wanted! Matt made me take it off and then hid it when we got home!

I immediately went to researching this ring that would soon be a token of our engagement and marriage!
The center stone is called a TOURMALINE.
No two tourmalines are exactly alike. This gemstone has an endless number of faces, and for that reason it suits all moods. No wonder that magical powers have been attributed to it since ancient times. In particular, it is the gemstone of love and of friendship, and is said to render them firm and long-lasting.

Amazing huh!?  I called Matt the moment I read that - He said he already did the research on it before he bought it and knew about the egyptian relation to it - he also knew it was the ring for me when he read it!


I was talking to a co-worker about the colored gemstone and even though it's not very traditional, look at how many people are starting to get gemstones or colored diamonds! Carrie Underwood has a yellow diamond, so does Heidi Klum. Then even Princess Kate who just married Prince William yesterday - she received Princess Diana's gorgeous Blue Sapphire engagement ring.
And a couple close friends/family - my cousin got a small red ruby for her engagement and my freshman English teacher who is one of my closest friends to this day got engaged and received a purple amethyst ring. It is so beautiful and unique! I love it!

As far as a wedding date, it's a secret!! It was actually a secret even to me until just recently. Matt called the courthouse and scheduled our big day. Then called my boss and schedule my day off.  Then he told my dad. So, only three people knew the big day - Matt, my boss (Jim) and my daddy. He has been tormenting me with this information for over a month. All I knew was it was a Friday and it was before my birthday (hence the blog about feeling like every Friday was Christmas only find out it wasn't!)
Last Thursday he decided to tell me because I was feeling so emotional and wanted to make sure I was ready. I hadn't shaved my legs in weeks and if I needed to shave them that night then he'd better tell me! hahaha! (I feel sorry for him when my birthday & Christmas comes!)




All in All - I love him, everything about him. He makes me laugh, he makes me cry (from laughing so hard). He tells me and shows me daily that he loves me too. We have a mutual compassion and respect for each other! We never want each other to hurt. We were both in a position where we could get married again. 
Words cannot express my feelings for him adequately.  I told him over and over - I did not need a ring and he definitely did not need to spend the money he did on one! I would have been happy just having a string around my finger as long as I could keep him and he could keep me!



2 comments

Anonymous said...

I knew it!! Big changes!! New name for you, so you are moving in together.. How exciting! I take it you will just move in with Matt? Dont you own yourhome? Oh well you are getting married!
~A

4 barkers said...

So I'm confused are you already married then? Your ring is beautiful! I've for 16 pink diamonds in my rings. I live unique rings!!!