Spoiled by the Easter Bunny


Despite the news of my Grandma on Wednesday, Matt and I got off early from work on Friday and took off to his hometown of Rexburg!
We stayed with his sister in Idaho Falls Friday and Saturday night.
Saturday was fun, we started with his mom having lunch at a little mexican restaurant near the college, then drove around town for a bit looking at all the changes that had been made since he lived there.
Afterwards, we went back to his mom's house and wandered around her backyard as he told me his childhood stories. . .
We also visited his grandmother. She was so funny and witty!! I could not stop laughing as this 80 pound petit woman told stories of how much she loved mowing the lawn - even at her age now, she still mows the lawn but she's not heavy enough to keep the riding lawn mower going (because you have the weigh the seat down) so she uses the push mower. LOL.











 Around 5pm we left his mothers house and went to his dad's to play cards.
Matt's dad, Lyle, is a hoot! Oh I can't wait to get Matt's two brothers with all of us to play cards. It was so much fun. But Matt was a horrible rotten cheater! I will never sit next to him when we play rummie again!!!


We went back to Nichole, Matt's sister's, house and got me ready to leave early the next morning. We we both so sad. We got in a bit of a tiff because I really wanted him to drive me all the way to Lehi and drop me off but he didn't want to drive all the way there (4hours) then drive all the way back to Boise (5hours) to be to work the next day. I realized how selfish I was .... It was decided to drive me to Tremonten where my sister would pick me up and we'd go the rest of the way.
After getting ready that morning to leave, Matt came in with an Easter basket. I felt myself wanting to cry. . I had huge plans to get him an easter basket and send him on an easter egg hunt BUT with the news of my grandma, I lost all track of my time and enthusiasm to do it. But he didn't. (another reason why I love him - he's so thoughtful!)
I started to open the basket - he filled it with lots of candy, and a cute little easter bunny holding a box. My heart stopped for a moment.
I was not expecting it......


Marry Me by Train
Forever can never be long enough for me
To feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way
Marry Me
Today and every day
Marry Me

Together can never be close enough for me
Feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you
And you're beautiful
Now that the wait is over
And love and has finally shown her my way
Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
Say you will


Promise me
You'll always be
Happy by my side
I promise to
Sing to you
When all the music dies.

Marry Me?

I said
YES!!!

2 comments

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
4 barkers said...

Oh my heck dessa congrats! It always broke my heart seeing you so unhappy in your posts. I'm so glad you found matt! Your ring as well! I love unique rings! Congratulations again!