& then they got hitched ♥

Time flies by and so does life
We could not wait to be called husband & wife
Our days were filled, our schedules too
So we ran away this morning and said our "I Do's!"




found a little bit of time to talk about our day
Why'd we choose this day of all days...
5+6=11
No significant meaning, just wanted a fun day to get married.
We knew - we just knew - when we met that we were going to fall in love. It was just a matter of a couple hours and days that did us in for life!
When I met him back in the fall, I knew there was something special about him. The way he looked, the way he talked and the magic in his smile - And they way he shot a shot gun! (we met while shooting guns)
We joke about it now, but I kinda facebook stalked him. hahaha. Not intending to really make something out of our current nothing but to just get a better idea of who this man was. His posts were hillarious, and his pictures made my heart melt.
We finally made a connection and tried to get back together to shoot guns! We picked the date and started to make the plans until I jumped the gun and gave him my number to call me. We went on our first date the next day 2-25-11. And by the 26th, my D-Day, I was in love - secretly, of course.
Time started to fly by. My days at work without him were long and miserable. And my evenings with him were magical. Matt told me he loved me first, I hesitated to say it back, not because I didn't feel it but I was feeling protective of myself. I admitted to him that I just couldn't say it yet. He hugged me and told me I will one day but he already knows that I do love him because of the way I treat him. That was comforting. I finally told him late one night, about a week later.
It was a snowball effect from there. 
We rolled down the hill, laughing and giggling the whole way.
The next thing I know, he's meeting my family, he's looking at rings, he's asking my dad, he's picking the date, he's scheduling my day off with my boss, all in the meantime, I'm falling more in love with him - bouncing around singing, "You make me want to say i do, I do, I dooo doo doo doo doo doooo!!"Matt was not going to tell me the date. But I begged him to tell me....since I knew he wasn't I told him that there was one day that it COULD NOT be in April and sure enough the original date was going to be 4-22. When I told him why it could not be that day, he made arrangements this day.  But he still was not going to tell me. Things worked out for it not to be the 22nd since my grandmother passed away just a couple days prior. So we made new plans to go down to Rexburg and spend Easter with his family. 
He proposed to me on Easter morning. 
He wanted there to be a little slice of happiness for me during such a difficult time in my families life. 
We still managed to keep it a secret for the most part. But come the 28th, I was in panics! I was worried that we were getting married on the 29th and I hadn't shaved my legs. I begged him to tell me! So he did. 
And I did a horrible job of keeping it to myself. Ooops.
The morning came - I woke up and started to get ready. I was feeling sick - literally, I've had the flu/cold since the Sunday prior. I woke up and he went into the other bathroom and did his manly business of shaving and such. I was feeling super self-concious because of my running nose, angry face and chapped lips but I genuinely knew he loved me - and we were going to get married. We headed out the door around 8:30am. Got our marriage license at 9am and waited for 50 minutes. At 10 til 10am we buzzed the judge's secretary to come get us. She took us into the actual courtroom and told us we could wait and make ourselves comfy. Matt decided to goof off a bit. 
Judge Williamson came in, all smiles and excited. She asked us if we had a camera and took control! She was amazing! She read the marriage ceremony to us and took a ton of pictures of us the whole time! It was great!
I only cried once when I was saying my part. 
Matt only cried when we were hugging each other after we kissed. 
We both laughed during a few of the parts - like when she said to be patient with each other. And when he was saying his vows, I told him he better love me forever. hahahaha
The love in his eyes was so apparent.
This is kind of my song for him.
"Tangled Up In You"
You're my world
The shelter from the rain
You're the pills
That take away my pain
You're the light
That helps me find my way
You're the words
When I have nothing to say 


And in this world
Where nothing else is true
Here I am
Still tangled up in you
I'm still tangled up in you
Still tangled up in you 


You're the fire
That warms me when i'm cold
You're the hand
I have to hold as I grow old 

You're the shore
When I am lost at sea
You're the only thing
That I like about me

And in this world
Where nothing else is true
Here I am
Still tangled up in you
I'm still tangled up in you 

How long has it been
Since this storyline began
And I hope it never ends
And goes like this forever

In this world
Where nothing else is true
Here I am
Still tangled up in you
Tangled up in you
I'm still tangled up in you
Still tangled up in you 
Our wedding day was amazing. But really, it was like every other day - happy, joyous, funny, and exciting. 
Nothing much is changing besides a new name for me and a wedding band for Matt + adding a few family members for each of us...a few more for him than me. 
We both getting more friends, more loved one and more love than ever before.
  • Gah!!
    I get goosebumps reading your blog! I am so excited for you and loving hearing all of your happy news. Your ring is GORGEOUS and so so beautiful and unique. I love the story of you both knowing exactly what the meaning of the stone was, he sounds so thoughtful and like he really listens to and cares about you. You are such a dear and deserve all the happiness in the world and I pray frequently that God will completely redeem your crummy times and give you so many more beautiful ones that you wont even remember the bad anymore :)

    Hugs and Congrats, I cant wait to hear about your surprise wedding day!!!

    Joyce


We feel indebted to our friends and family who have been so supportive. Matt and I went against the grain and got hitched after only 2 1/2 months of dating. 
But we agree, Every day will be like our wedding day.
Every date will be like our first date
and Every vacation will be like our honeymoon!


I love you Matt!

1 comment

Kaycee said...

I am so happy for the both of you! Everyone can just see the love that comes from you two. It shows in your eyes, smile, and the way you talk! Congrats to the both of you! MUCH LOVE!!!