& then they went on a honeymoon ♥


Matt and I took off to McCall shortly after finishing all of little tid bits throughout the day, like getting my name changed on my driver's license and sscard. The drive was beautiful. I never realized how easy it was to get there.  We stopped a couple times just to stretch our legs and take a couple pictures.

We stayed at the Shore Lodge.
I recommend this place to ANYONE and EVERYONE wanting a place to just run away for a night. The price was right and the amenities were amazing. And the customer service is second to none!
We checked in and the front desk gal, Megan, introduced us to Fred, who took such good care of us - taking our bags up, parking our car, bringing us a dvd player, and walking us around the whole resort.
We were only going to stay for the one night but ended up going back to Megan and telling her to sign us up for another night....IT WAS TOO PERFECT!!

Matt paid the extra money for us to have a balcony to the lake. It was definitely worth it. There was obviously still quite a bit of snow and it was kind of overcast and shadowy.
There were not a lot of people there since it's the off season between winter and summer.
Once we finished unloading and checking things out, we took off on our own and wandered around the exterior of the hotel.
It was beautiful!!!





Once we got the hang of things we went back upstairs to our suite and changed back into our wedding clothes. We made reservations at the lodge's restaurant, the Narrows. And boy oh boy was it ever nice! The food was very rich and obviously for individuals who were used to the high class flavor. Matt knew what the heck he was doing but I didn't have a clue. So I just followed his lead... This country girl don't know crap about that stuff! 









Matt ordered quail while I stuck with with Steak. It was basic or so I thought. Like I said before, everything reminded me of a snooty upper class and a couple times I got irritated at some of the other fine diners there and the way they were treating the waiters. Oh well, I was there with my love and we made fools of ourselves (actually, it was just me...He knew what he was doing)


After dinner, we took off to the pool and hot tub. 




We ended our night - - Or at least this part of our night, sitting out by the lake near the fire pit just talking and pretty much just telling each other how much we love other!

All I Want is to Love You Forever


All I want is to love you for the rest of my life... to wake up every morning with you by my side knowing that no matter what happens, I'll be able to come home to your loving arms.
All I want is to share everything with you...to talk to you about our ideas, our dreams, the little everyday things and the not-so-little things that we can't help worrying about.
All I want is to give you my love... as a place you can always come to for acceptance or the simple comfort that silence brings, when things left unspoken can still be understood. 
All I want is to grow old with you... to watch our life unfold, our dreams, one by one, come true.
All I want is to love you FOREVER!
_____________________________________________________



Saturday morning came at 7:30 for me. It was there at 10 for Matt. 
I woke up and blogged for a bit while he slept. Neither of us slept well on Thursday night so Friday night sleep was definitely needed. 
Once Matt woke up, we took off to breakfast at the Pancake House (great food. horrible service) 
Then we wandered around downtown McCall and shopped around. I had a sore throat still so we grabbed some ice cream and walked around the lake. 


 Then we went back to the suite and Matt took a nap!

Once the sleepy head decided to wake up we went for dinner, came back, and spent the rest of the evening out by the lake and in the hot tub.






We left by noon this morning. And oh how I did not want to go.... but of course, we didn't leave until we had experienced some breakfast in bed or just on the patio. 

We kept laughing the whole way home about how we were actually married!!!
CRAZY!
But Matt brought up a valid point - "EITHER CRAP OR GET OFF THE POT!"
In other words, if you're going to do it, then do it. 
There was no reason for us to wait. 
We are perfect for each other. Every second we are together confirms that. We laugh at the same things, we dance whenever their is music. He is He and Me, well, I'm still just Me. And we love each other for that.  - For allowing each other to be ourselves and be happy!

This was the best honeymoon! It was most relaxing, comforting, funny and .........
  time of my life!

Here's to the next chapter.

1 comment

Kaycee said...

That looks so pretty Dessa! I am so glad you finally got the man of your dreams and a wonderful honeymoon that you won't forget!!! :)