Weekend Adventures

We had quite the fun time this weekend - as we do every weekend. My goal throughout the week is to keep household chores completed so when the weekend comes, we have nothing to do but enjoy each other.

- Saturday -
We went for a late morning bike ride though Julia Davis Park. We probably should have stayed home because it was just during Zj's nap when we made it to the park. He didn't sleep a wink while we ride. 
The heat kept us from biking more than a few miles.

We weren't ready to go home so we decided to try out the pontoon lagoon. In all our years of living in Boise, we have never experienced the pontoon rides. 
Zj was not excited but he wasn't grumpy either. He just tolerated the ride with a sullen face. Matt and I were surprised how tiring it was to peddle the boats but we were excited to run into a school of carp. Some of those fish were over 3ft long. Even if Zj wasn't thrilled with the excursion, Matt and I had fun!


Within 20 minutes, I finally got Zeplin to fall asleep. We only paid for a 30 minute ride so poor little guy only got a 10 minute nap.

We were home by 3pm and put him to bed for a real nap. 
I really wanted to go to Ivy Wild pool after he woke up but he was pretty grumpy when his nap was over, so, I'm glad we didn't. Instead, I made zucchini bread with one of the zucchinis in my garden. For my first time making bread of any kind, it was really good!

Because of Zj's late night, we put him to bed super late too. While we waited for him to get sleepy, Matt and I battled each other at the game, Head's Up. It's a game made by/promoted by Ellen DeGeneres. Matt and I are addicted. It's a blast - I think we need to have a game night with friends!! 


- Sunday -
We were invited to spend a day on our friend Kevin's new boat. 
Kevin drove all the way to Canada to purchase his beautiful new water friend and it's amazing. I've been on some nice boats and this one is gorgeous! Zj had a super good time too. He splashed in the water and ran around on the dock. Because he loves water so much, I feel nervous letting him near it. I have to keep a hand on him at all times! While standing next to Matt on the back of the boat, he totally jumped off! Matt had to grab his life vest and pull him back out! Crazy kid! 

We took the boat out for a few hours and Matt and I gave wake surfing a try. I've done it a few times many years ago so it only took me 2 times to get up. But my arm strength is so weak that I couldn't get myself to hold onto the rope for very long. 
Matt was able to get up but not stay up during his first 4 tries. 
He finally made it up when we went out a second time. By then my arm strength was shot that I was only able to get up once. 
Little Z slept for the first 2 hours so he didn't see us try the 1st round. He was up for the 2nd round though. Every time we would hit the water, he started to cry. He absolutely hated seeing us go under - especially me. His eyes were full of tears and terror as he waited for us to come out from the water. 

Matt has been battling a sinus infection so he wasn't too thrilled to spend any more time in water so once they all called it quits on the surfboard, I tried my luck on the wakeboard.
About 50lbs and 8years ago, I wasn't actually that bad. I could jump the wake and land almost 3/4 of the way over it.
Having been 4 years since the last time I went (it was the summer I broke my wrist), I felt nervous hitting the wake. But I killed it!!! First time, first pull - I was up and at it. It took a minute for the speed to get set to what I liked but I never crashed. On the contrary, I was the one ending the rides because my wrist was killing me! The cold water and the pull were just not helping my wrist want to work properly, so I gave up. But I had so much fun!!



Going home was rough. We were exhausted. Between swallowing too much water and getting too much 103 degree sun/heat, all we wanted to do was go home and sleep.
Only negative thing, Zj was hyper! He wanted to play and run around the house like a mad man. But after a bath for him, (& for me too), we had him tucked into the bed by 8pm.
I took a melatonin with determination that I would sleep well but I didn't. My muscles hurt - horribly. My back, arms, thighs - my whole body, actually!
Monday morning, Zj slept until 10am - 14 hours. Matt and I were Zombies waking up at 6:30am. I tossed and turned all night long listening to Matt's desperation to breathe.
That man and his sinuses. They are so bad and I feel horrible for him when he gets sick and can't breathe.
I sent him to work with some Essential Oils and hopefully he will fill better soon so we don't have to fill his prescription.

I'm excited to take our boat out. It won't be nearly as awesome as Kevin's but to put around in, fish out of, and swim next to, it will be fun!

No comments