Bye Bye Facebook

Matt and I officially decided to say goodbye to Facebook - (completely deleted - not suspended - so if we want to go to it again, we have to start all over!)

We deleted our individual pages over a year ago and we really loved having a joint page but over the last couple years, we felt like Facebook was doing more bad than good. We have talked for months about letting it go but always got drawn back into it.

Matt is never on anymore and I try to avoid the site as much as possible.
Personally, I enjoyed posting pictures of Zeplin so our families who don't live in Boise could see him grow and develop.
I loved the reciprocation - especially when our families and close friends would post pictures of themselves and their kids.

Over time, Facebook became a pedestal for others to voice their views on politics, religion, personal uneducated ideas, bad music and stupid celebrity stories.
I appreciated the funny videos, inspiring stories, and personal family pictures. Sadly, all of those things I appreciated became few and far between.
I didn't feel uplifted.
I didn't find any camaraderie in the 500+ friends we supposedly had.
And as much as I tried not to let things get to me through the internet, I noticed a lot of conversations Matt and I were having dealt with people on Facebook.

I'm excited to be done with it. So many of my friends have claimed they have had feelings of liberation once they got over the initial shock of it being gone. If my friends, Erik, Joyce and Tyree can still be surviving after deleting their pages, then there really must be life after Facebook. lol
My heart only hurts to not be able to share pictures with those who truly cared to see them and to ‘see’ those we love on a daily basis.

We are still keeping Instagram and our blog, of course.

But it's been long overdue saying ”BYE BYE Facebook!”

1 comment

4 barkers said...

We were just talking about you the other night and wondering what you are up too! I forget to use my blog sometimes! Haha what is your instagram name?