Five on Friday - Week 42 (Super long, exciting, picture filled week!)

Last weekend was great! We had a fun time Saturday night with Erik and Kimmy. Little Journee is almost 6 months and still so adorable! Dinner was grilled steelhead, among other things, and it was absolutely delish. I wanted to eat all of it - mainly the baked broccoli! lol. We would have loved to stay longer but Zeplin was tired & turned a little grumpy so we left around 8pm.
I love that our families can get together when Erik comes back from Montana! The Blairs are such a blast to hang out with!

Sunday was low stress. I cleaned the house while Matt worked on projects, including the installation of our floor transition pieces (with Zeplin's assistance, of course).
My mom came over for a little bit, which was a nice treat. We dehydrated apples, bananas and our grapes. I made Cinnamon Scones for dessert (from scratch!!!) Then we were off to the Brother's house for The Walking Dead!!!!
I won't go into how much I loved the premier... but I did! It was perfect! I was scared, sad, happy, excited all throughout the show!! Zeplin was hysterical - he laughed at all the zombies and would cheer during the fighting scenes.
Cheers to weekly Walking Dead episodes!!!!

Monday was another wonderful day - (Pretty much every day we have Matt home is a wonderful day!)
We started the morning by cutting out and dehydrating bananas this time. Matt made crepes from scratch using my peach preserves - soooo yummy! Afterwards, Matt took Zeplin to a few stores to get some stuff while I stayed home and cleaned.
The rest of the day was oober relaxing. We did nothing, went no where, and just lounged!!

I loved the long weekend because it also meant a short work week for Matt! Whoo hoo!!


{ONE:}
Did everyone see the Ellen show with Jennifer Garner last week?? I about died laughing as I watched the clip of Jennifer talking about her baby bump.
I didn't even know she had more than her first child, so when she said, “I'm here to tell you I do (have a baby bump).” I was quietly cheering with the crowd until she said, “I'm not pregnant, but there is a bump.” Then I laughed hysterically. Her comedic approach to her post baby body belly was great.



It brought into perspective how nice it would be if each and every woman could live their life without feeling such a need to defend their appearance. It's not going to happen until women stop pushing judgements on other women to look a certain way.
Some of my friends, including myself, struggled to lose the baby weight. It's hard but you know what..... I would rather run around the neighborhood at a snails pace with Zeplin next to me than pushing him in a stroller ‘getting a good workout.’
But I have some friends who woke up at 4am to do P90X before work and then drink weight loss shakes all day to achieve their weight loss goals. Although I tried it, I loved sleeping when I can! - - lol.
Besides, I can't fathom loving my friends any more or any less based on their appearance. They are all incredible and beautiful!! And I'm so blessed to have them in my life for reasons other than their looks.

Just love one other regardless of appearance. We are all beautiful.... whether we have grown children & still have a tummy or we just have a baby & those abs are already back.


{TWO:}
On Tuesday, Joyce and her 2 kiddos came over. Joyce and I could probably spend hours talking if we didn't have children to contend with. We laughed the entire morning, recalling memories, sharing inspiration and just talking about life. The kids played super well together, for the most part.
We are so excited because we finally had an open schedule to get our entire families together for dinner this coming Saturday night. Matt and Trevor met during Zeplin's 1st birthday, last December, but that was about it. Secretly, we are really hoping that they will have a lot in common so we can get together more often. Hahahaha.

That night, my family went back to Linder Farms for the 4th year in a row.
The Blair family came with us. We had a great time trying to navigate through and eventually getting lost in the corn maze. Zeplin couldn't keep his hands off the rocks and corn that covered the ground. It was pretty cute watching him and realizing how much he's change since last year.
After the maze, we took a hayride through the pumpkin patches. Zeplin got to pick out his own this year!
We stuck around until 8pm when both littles were ready to go down for bed.







 Yes, my husband is a pervert......




{THREE:}
I've been really busy with my little design work. I made a “Frozen” birthday invite for my friend Kellie. Then I got a surprise email from an old college friend needing a baby announcement for her daughter. I had a real fun time with it. Her daughter is simply beautiful from the pictures she sent me. It was a real treat to make her baby announcement.
 
To make this week even
more exciting for my little business, my mom and my best friend both did a little shout out for me on Facebook and Instagram. I hope I can get some business for custom Christmas cards. I'm so in love with the Christmas cards I made for my family - I would so love to make more!!
Email me, I've got lots of great design ideas for Christmas - DessaMaeDesigns@gmail.com



{FOUR:}
Also on my oober creative fun list was this diy ruler growth chart for our family. I vowed not to copy a Pinterest picture and just come up with my own idea on how I wanted it to look And, I love how it turned out....
 I used the same wood stain as my kitchen table then sanded it down to give it the marble look. The words, numbers and lines are all vinyl cut from my silhouette. I'm so thrilled with it!!
When I first shared it on Instagram, friends were congratulating me with the assumption I was pregnant - I am not pregnant - My family is growing but only in height, and I wanted to document Zeplin's growth. I also wanted something I could take with me if we decide to move in the future.




{FIVE:}


 I have a few things that I just don't want to forget... Zeplin laughing and trying to catch bubbles in the bathtub is definitely one of those things.



Tonight is another movie night. Tomorrow is going to be a great day - we have a birthday party in Chuck E Cheese for the little girl I did the Frozen invite for, then we have dinner plans with Joyce at their house. Sunday should be great  - - I'm taking pictures for my parents, then for a family then the Walking Dead again!

No comments