Five on Friday - Week 51

{ONE:}
Zeplin got to see Santa last weekend!
He loved it - even though, he wasn't smiling during the pictures.
He climbed into Santa's lap, with a little coaxing, then turned to him and said, “Santa, train.” I had been coaching him to talk to Santa about trains and he retained it.
After Z grabbed his candy cane, he turned back to him and said, “Bye Santa. Love you!” then blew him a kiss. It was adorable. People in line were ooooooing and awwwwing over  how cute it was!

I just wish his admiration for Santa would have shown in the picture! I even made Matt take us to the Mall to try for another picture but he still wouldn't smile.

At least he wasn't screaming (because his screams are ear piercing!!!)

Afterwards, we went on a family dinner date with Matt's brothers and dad. It was a great time. Zeplin loves his uncles more than anything so it was nice to let him hang out with them while Matt and I got a chance to eat.



{TWO:}
We picked up Matt's dad, Lyle, on Sunday to go fishing at Wilson's Ponds in Nampa. It's a great little fishing hole off Locust Lane that is stocked by the local fish hatchery.

 Zeplin was okay for the most part. Until we started catching fish and he wanted nothing to do with us. He ran around the ponds, until he got tired and request to read his book then watch a movie in the car to take a quick nap!

Personally, I was having a blast fishing. Every cast out, I caught something. I loved it and was reminded how much I loved to fish.
Matt and I tried to take turns but when Matt wasn't bringing anything in, he gave up and let me keep fishing with Lyle.

Eventually, Lyle's parkinson's got the best of him and he was shaking too bad to keep fishing so we took him home.
We kept 2 fish because they inhaled the hooks so we couldn't throw them back but I caught at least 20 fish and it was a lot of fun!

After dropping Lyle off at home, we stopped by my parents house for a late lunch. Zeplin played with his grandma while we all chatted. My dad was quite the story teller, laughing and telling jokes. Matt and I always have such a great time with my parents. We love watching Zeplin show off for them too!


{THREE:}
I completely shattered my phone this week!
I was returning some library books when it slipped out of my hands while I was shuffling the books around.

I was mortified. Matt seemed to not care and just said, “Looks like you're getting a new phone.”

I looked into using my upgrade online. I've been on my phone plan for so long that I have free unlimited data but they were going to start charging me data services since they don't offer unlimited anymore.

We drove to the Apple store and they informed me that it was going to be $140 to replace the glass. A kiosk in the mall quoted us at $70 but that just seemed ridiculous!

Matt drove us to a Bullfrog store in Boise as a last resort. I was already convinced to forever use my broken phone until one of the employees there found a loop hole to get me a brand new phone for free, without changing my data plan!!!
I stuck with the 5c but let Zeplin pick out my new color - he chose green. It's a little bright for my taste but nothing new case can't cover.

The employee that helped me was the greatest!
He even gave us a coupon to walk next door to get froYo while he finished the upgrade - THEN walked my new phone over to me when it was done.
We made sure to give him a good review afterwards!


{FOUR:}
This week was spent doing some last minute prep work for Zeplin's birthday party. I got the banner's printed, cut and put together yesterday I made the train cars and the water wraps.  I'll show all of those designs on my post about the birthday party tomorrow!
We also made a bunch of Christmas goodies to give out at the party. My mom gave me a clever idea to make cute little Christmas treats with Hershey kisses and whisks. So,I purchased a pack of whisks on Amazon and candy from the grocery store and got to work.


I made my own tags using my program. I think they turned out rather perfectly. The whole idea was adorable and I love it!

I also made a new card for one of my friends' friends, Hannah (who lives in So. Utah.) I was surprised to get the email from her asking for my assistance.

She just found out she's expecting and her little guy is only 7 months old. I admit, I was kind of jealous but I loved making this New Year/New Baby announcement print.

She suggested that my family and I take a trip down to their neck of the woods so her son, Tasha's son (Mateo) and Zeplin could all play together. I think it's a great idea! Hopefully I can convince Matt next summer to take the trip!

I also made a couple of prints for my cousin Megan again. She wanted two different quotes made for the men and women of her family. I thought they turned out beautiful! I think I'm going to use the Priesthood print for my dad.



{FIVE:}
Zeplin and I had a rough start to his Birthday. He slept great but when it was time for lunch and nap, he was a completely naughty little boy. And I probably was a little to blame. He wanted my attention and I spent too much of it focused on cleaning the house.
Zj refused to take a nap so when Matt got home, we decided to take him to Red Robin for a mini family celebration and Zeplin took a mini snoozer on the way there. I don't even think we made it out of the subdivision when he fell asleep.

It was just the three of us at dinner. We chowed down on our favorite dishes, until the good people of Red Robin started clapping and singing their Happy Birthday song to Zeplin. They were all betting on him crying but he was trooper. He only pouted at the very end and then clapped as they started to walk away.
Matt and I looked around at the people watching Zeplin. Some started clapping and others were laughing with us as Zeplin started to eat his Sundae.
 It was all his and he wasn't about to share with anyone!!


When we got home, Matt surprised me with some new boots. It's a big deal to him that Zeplin give his mommy a gift on his birthday because if it wasn't for me, then he wouldn't have a birthday. Matt is so cute and thoughtful!


This morning was a rough one. 
Zeplin had his 24 month check up and he screamed the entire time. He knows that whenever we walk into the building he gets a shot or gets picked on. I felt so bad for the nurse and new doctor. They tried so hard to get him to be happy but he wouldn't stop screaming. 

We came out of the appointment feeling good that our son was healthy but embarrassed by his attitude. He's in the 45% for height and 80% for weight. But otherwise, he's a good boy. He even showed off a little bit  before the doctor started using all her instruments on him. 

Matt surprised us by taking us to breakfast to the Egg Factory. It was yummy - I would definitely recommend it. 
Zeplin played with his motorcycle, picked in his daddy and ate scrambled eggs. I was happy to see him happy again. 




I spent the entire afternoon getting stuff ready for Zeplin birthday. Thankfully, Matt was hands on with helping me cut out the tags and get the decorations up.

Nikki, Jeff and the girls showed up around 7pm. The girls helped break Zeplin out of his shell. He was laughing and having a great time with his cousins.


I really look forward to this weekend. 
Birthday parties, laughter, cake, friends/family..... It's going to be so fun!!

No comments