Monthly Dose of Zeplin - {February}

{26 Months Old}

  • ZJ has started using some naughty phrases like, “Go Away.” “Leave me alone.” “Don't touch.” “STOP IT!”  “Put me down!” and “NOW!!”      We try to coach him to using kinder comments and phrases. He will correct himself and say please but his age is really starting to show.
  • Just this past week, Zeplin has started telling us to go to TIMEOUT! He told me to go to timeout when we were shopping. An associate heard him and started laughing with me. Later that day he told Matt to go to timeout. He is very stern with his requests.
  • He loves singing! He sings the ABC song, the Wheels on the Bus, Monkeys on the Bed, and the Itsy Bitsy Spider. It's most adorable when we are in public and someone catches on to what he's trying to sing. One lady even stopped her cart and sang the Itsy Bitsy Spider with him in Fred Meyers.
  • ZJ says hi to EVERYONE!! He loves to shake hands and greet people like they are his friends. It makes my heart skip a beat!
  • Zeplin thinks everyone is his friend. He loves to run to people and yell, “Hi friends! HI.” Most people will say Hi back and some will walk past.  My son is so personable and means a lot to me. I pray he always keeps his happy attitude, his loving personality and desire to bring a smile to others!
  • We involve Zeplin in all our grocery shopping and he always gets to choose the fruit he wants but recently he has been eating the fruit out of the shopping cart when we aren't paying attention. It's really embarrassing. 
  • Zeplin has always been a snuggler and a lover. He gives the best hugs and kisses too. As of late, the cherry on top is when he's hugging and he now pats your back/shoulder.
  • We made another attempt potty training at the beginning of the month. It didn't go too well. I got an adorable video of Zeplin trying to stand on his tippy toes to get his peepee in the big toilet. Ultimately it resulted in an upward stream of pee all over the floor, the walls and himself. I put him in big boy undies but we exchanged them for a diaper after he got hurt and peed in them because he was crying, then he peed again because he didn't make it to the bathroom in time. It made Zeplin cry even more when he peed in his undies. I convinced Matt to let us try again in the summer. I just don't think Z is ready yet. 
  • (On the day we were attempting potty training), Zj bashed his head into a counter resulting in a huge bruise above his right eye. I'm realizing that my son is accident prone and it doesn't surprise us.... I mean, look at his parents.. me particularly!. hahaha.  At least he was all smiles after I kissed it better. 


  • Zeplin has become great about telling people who he is. He pronounces his name very accurately and loves to share that he is Zeplin JUNIOR! He has gotten really good about putting 4-5 words together ... for example, he threw a temper tantrum and I made him go to time out until he stopped crying. He ran to his usual place, stopped crying, then turned around and said, “Mommy. Daddy. Outside. Motorcycle. Go!” Which related to, his daddy was outside starting the motorcycle and he wanted me to take him out. In general, he's just a great communicator. 

  •  Zeplin has finally grown to (kinda) like the library. Now, it even takes all the strength I can muster to convince him to leave. I can't even bribe him to get out of the play area. He loves to play with friends and gets the biggest grin on his face when kids ask to play with him. He's started going into the center of the classes to dance with all the little kids. I LOVE SEEING MY SON BLOSSOM! He's growing up so fast!


  • Zeplin's Aunt Sara gave him a killer gift this month.... a rug with roads on it! And my friend's son gave Zeplin a few handfuls of Cars to play with on this rug. It's about the only thing he really wants to do anymore ..... watch Transformers and play cars in his room so when it's time for him to play, he's in heaven! It's a nice break from his constant need for attention but after a couple days of this, I was starting to miss my buddy. 

  • We went to visit Zeplin's old day care. Zj played on their play equipment with his most favorite teacher, Miss Angelica. I miss her. She was always so loving and sweet with my son!

  • For Christmas last year, Grandma Melanie gave Zeplin some work bench tools which included some goggles. Z refused to wear them for weeks and screamed horribly when we tried to put them on. But for the first time, this month, he decided he wanted to wear them.... 24/7! 
  • Also on the injury list for the month was his fat lip from tripping over my boots. We had just come inside and he was trying to take his sweatshirt off. He didn't see my boots on the floor and tripped over them but because his hands were occupied, he hit the ground without being able to buffer the blow to his face. It didn't bleed for very long but it left a pretty deep hole in his lip.   

  • My best friend Kaycee, gave Zeplin a great little hair cut! Unfortunately, he screamed the entire time! And not just crying ... SCREAMING! He hated it but he looked so cute afterwards with his little faux hawk!

  • ZJ is my little cleaning buddy. He's in charge of helping transfer laundry and spraying the cleaner for me to wipe down the tables, walls and counters. He does a pretty good job. He always cleans up his spills and messes - usually without being asked. 


  • Post nap attitude is very hit and miss! Some days he's the happiest little nugget, and other days, he's a total terror! Matt is never sure what he's going to come home to. lol 


  • We contemplate getting rid of every day naps and only give them to him when he needs them. He's tired some days and other days he will be bouncing off the walls from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed. On his tired days, I give him a nap and he will stay awake until midnight. Needless to say, I've had to become a little more strategic with naps lately. Unfortunately this last week was rough ... he went to bed between 10pm-12am  and would wake up around 6am-7am. It's been wearing me out a little bit. 
  • Last but not least and probably my most favorite part of this month..... Zeplin has finally started to find joy in playing with his toys, by himself, and using his imagination. His favorite toys are his cars, trucks, robots and motorcycles but just recently he started playing a little dinosaur ... he even tries to feed it .. I caught him saying, “Dinosaur. Humry (hungry). Hot Cocoa. Eat!” then picked up some crumbs off the floor and helped it eat. hahahaha 








    • Last but not least, have I told you how much this little man means to me!!! He is undeniably my best friend, my biggest fan and most amazing blessing I've ever received. 



    • Yeah, he's pretty much my everything!

No comments