Five on Friday - {Week 16}

{ONE:}
My mom & dad both celebrated birthdays this week. My dad turned 69 on Monday and my mom turned ** on Tuesday. Zeplin was thrilled to call them on their respective days to wish them Happy Birthday.

And although we gave them presents, my mom received the present of a broken foot the day after on Wednesday. She tripped on a concrete lip and fell. I left practice to pick up my son and help my dad take my mom to the hospital. At the hospital, the PA told her that she didn't see any breaks in the x-ray and sent her home in a boot. But 2 hours later, a doctor called to say there was most definitely a break and some bone fragments floating around. I was a little furious because it was at that same hospital that I broke my wrist and they told me is wasn't broken... but 2 DAYS later, they got a 2nd opinion and found it was. ANYWAYS....
The most endearing part of this story is how my son reacted to his grandma being hurt.

Once I made it to their house, I found Zeplin wandering around the living room and my mom's foot in a bucket of ice. While my dad pulled the car up to the door, I attempted to help my mom off her chair & out of the house. She started to whimper and cry and the next thing we knew, Zeplin was screaming at me, “MOMMY! STOP IT!!” He acted like I was hurting his grandma & he was mad at me. He immediately hit the ground and screamed.
We tried to console him but until my dad could come in and help my mom, he continued to lay there, screaming for his grandma.

We tried not to laugh because we could see his little heart breaking every time my mom cried out in pain. Eventually, we were able to calm him down but as she started to drive away with papa, he cried again. He didn't want her out of his sight.

At the hospital, he was still concerned and asked her often if she was okay.

As for my mom, since it's broke, I assume she's going to have it put in a cast, but we don't really know what the outcome is going to be just yet.  This mother of mine.... sometimes, she's trips over imaginary lines. It's awful!!


{TWO:}

I'm saying Hello to the employment world again and I'm not just talking about coaching softball.

I had a job opportunity fall in my lap last week. At just 3hrs a day (from 9am-12pm), Monday - Friday and I get to keep my son with me the entire time, I couldn't pass it up.

The child care lady, Tina (& her daughter Chloe), at the gym I workout at, found a better paying job for her family and talked to me about maybe taking over. She gave my information to the boss, who I met with on Monday.

We just went over the details and since I was already CPR Certified, it just kind of worked out.

I met with Tina on Tuesday and we went over the little things that need to be done during the hours there.
And Thursday, I did the whole thing by myself. Besides Zeplin, I only had 4 other children com ein. They were all good and did well with my son. And I actually had fun myself. It will be a little daunting to be cooped up in the little room by ourselves if no children come but it will be nice to see Zeplin play with friends.


{THREE:}
We went on a really long street bike ride this week (Monday) and it was a blast. I was nervous the entire time because there was a lot of traffic. I'm always terrified of people driving cars, not paying attention and accidentally swerving into us so I stayed behind Matt but kept to the outside of Zeplin's carriage so if anyone ever did that, they would hit me and not him.
Zeplin has been enjoying his own bike rides on his bike. As you'll read in his monthly post, he has finally learned how to ride his tricycle. He's pretty cute. Especially when he carts around his snacks and drinks.

{FOUR:}
My friend, Kellie, came over with her two little girls this week. Zeplin and Peyton played so hard but had such a good time. 

ZJ loves Miss Kellie. Which is great because I sure love her too! She's the greatest!!


{FIVE:}
I saved this for last because there are a lot of pictures. Last Sunday, my softball girls came to my house for an early morning BBQ. The menu at 10:30am was Dutch Brother's Mochas and Costco hotdogs. As a mom, it was rather grossed out by this but if I were a 17 year old girl, I bet this would be the yummiest thing ever.
Matt was nice enough to BBQ the hot dogs and the girls supplied drinks, sides and desserts.

About and hour later, we all headed out the door to downtown Boise to watch the BSU softball games.

There really isn't much to talk about... BSU ended up losing by the 9th inning. And although the girls seemed to have fun, Zeplin was the one talking about his new friends for hours after it ended.















 While Zeplin was playing, he got an owie that would not stop bleeding. But with the love and TLC of his friend, she made it all better!


Zeplin fell asleep on the way home and woke up crying when we pulled in. He yelled, “Friends! Friends come back.” Fortunately a handful of the girls were at my house so he was able to hug them and thank them for playing.

I'm not kidding, for hours later, he begged for his friends. He remembers a few of them by name and really wished he could have played with them some more.
Fortunately, he's made friends & babysitters for life. :)

No comments