We Are Finally Pregnant!

I'm still a little shocked but looking back, this is the time that Heavenly Father was gently telling me to be patient for & it couldn't have been a more perfect timing. Everything has fallen into place and I'm beyond thrilled to announce, WE ARE FINALLY PREGNANT!


As crazy as this sounds, I knew I was pregnant. It was that warm, fuzzy, tingling inside that hinted to me and about 10 days before I could even know! On 6.11.15, while I was walking around the Zoo with Kaycee, I told her my hunch. I explained how I just felt so different and I thought I was pregnant. She could have burst at the seams with excitement. I told her I must be crazy to think I am because I'm not even a week to starting!

Fast forward exactly 7 days, 6.18.15, I woke up feeling the same and realized I had some pregnancy tests stashed away. I gave it a go and 2 minutes later, it was positive! I held my breathe for fear I was going hyper ventilate and sat down. I could have cried. I ran to my phone, snapped a picture and text Kaycee, Angie and my sister (because these three knew I was feeling pregnant.) I called my OB when I woke up, sharing my unbelief with my nurse, the doctor suggested I come in and have my blood drawn. As soon as Zeplin woke up, I was out the door.

I stopped by Matt's work, with a clever little letter & the pee stick in hand. I told him it was an early Father's Day. The note read, Roses are Red - Violets are Blue. For your next Father's Day, You'll be celebrated by 2!!! He was shocked and didn't believe me so he made me take him with us to the doctors to have my blood drawn.
The next day, the nurse called to confirm that I was indeed pregnant. She said my pregnancy must be very early and I replied that I hadn't even missed my period. I could tell she was confused when she asked what prompted me to take a test then.... I told her I just knew and could feel it. Apparently it's not normal to pass an at home test 3 days before your missed period. {LOL!}

I bought some more tests over the weekend so we could do a similar surprise for my dad for Father's Day and because I'm still skeptical.


6.21.15
Passed another pee test and came up with the way I wanted to surprise my dad since it's Father's Day. We took my dad a card and signed it, “Dessa, Matt, Zeplin and Baby due Feb 2016” We had a pregnancy test in the envelope too. Zeplin came running around the corner and yelled, “Mommy has a baby in her belly!” My parents were both very excited!

Matt and I discussed whether we could feel comfortable telling others and we decided we were okay. Regardless of the outcome, we would be able to draw support and love from all our family and friends! I text my close friends and used Instagram to share with the others. We received an outpour of congratulations and excitement through our social media outlets and many, many joyful texts and phone calls from a few others!



6.22.15
I went in for more blood work in the morning. I was praying for an increase in my HCG levels since my first blood draw on Thursday and the outcome was.... I am most definitely pregnant!! My HcG level has risen beautifully and my progesterone is in a good range. Everything looks great. As I said before, I have to go in periodically to test my levels. We want to make sure my baby is progressing the way it should be. By going in often, they can catch something soon if they need to supplement some hormones to keep me pregnant!


6.24.15
I had a sharp pain where my original c-section scar was at the day prior. I was concerned that I might have torn some scar tissue because it actually hurt really bad. The doctor already wanted me to go in to have more blood drawn so I knew that when they got my results, if there was anything bad, they'd know.
Matt came with me this time because Zeplin was a nightmare on Monday. He screamed so loud while they where drawing my blood. It was a much nicer experience with Matt there. He let his team and his management know that I was pregnant. They were all so excited for him and more than happy to shuffle him out the door to go to my appointment.

My results came back that afternoon and I went from 197 hCG to 701 hCG...  more than doubled my values in 48hrs!!! I could have cried. My pregnancy is still early but it's healthy and it's growing.

I feel pregnant. And I love that!

I still believe that pregnancy is a gift, a blessing and a miracle that could only be bestowed by divine grace. For me to have babies is nothing shy of this! I have felt all the prayers and well wishes of my friends and family, including the tenderness of my Father has He molded my mind and my body to receive such a gift!

Anything can happen between now and February but I feel like God has blessed us. He will carry my family through any trial in our path. 

No comments