Five on Friday - {Western Idaho Fair, Family and 6 Months}


{ONE:}  Western Idaho Fair
We were so excited to take Zeplin to the fair this year. He's old enough to really enjoy all the rides and was such a good boy leading up it. The morning of our trip, Zeplin helped earn money by doing chore around the house. He earned over a dollar and then my mom gave him another dollar for rides. 

The agreement with Zeplin was that he would sit through our caricature with Art Nations and then he could go on the Ferris Wheel. It was his ultimate goal. All 4 of us endured the 2 hour wait until it was our turn and then the next hour of sitting through our drawing. It was so worth it. Arrowlyn was exhausted and was a little fussy so I had to show Art a picture of her instead. He remembered last year when Zeplin struggled through the drawing and that we had to use a toy helicopter to keep him occupied. This year, he was much better and gave Art the best smiles. 




After the drawing, we gave Zeplin his wish and took him on a few rides. It was ridiculous how expensive those rides are and I think we learned our lesson that next year he will be getting a wristband. We threw away too much money between the entrance fee, drawing and rides. (I realize I'm turning into my dad when I say things in annoyance about how much everything costs!)







I wish we could have stayed longer. I guess that's what you get for having young children ... let's just say, we all slept well Wednesday night.


{TWO:} All Seized Up & Done Up
I spent most of this week doped up on 800 Ibuprofen and 1000 Tylenol. I don't know what happened because I didn't try to do much more than I already do but my back seized up to the point where I couldn't walk. It hurt so bad, until my medication kicked in.
For the better part of each morning, I was pretty groggy because I had to take Tylenol PM just to sleep.
I saw my doctor Monday and and canceled my appointment for Thursday. I still don't feel as though any of the acupuncture, manipulation and other therapies are working. I only feel really good after a massage, which I'm scheduled to have tomorrow. I've decided tomorrow will be my last of appointments with the Spinal Doctor and Chiropractor. I have been in constant contact with the other person's insurance and he agreed that he definitely recommends physical therapy.
I met with my family doctor on Thursday and she agreed that I would be better off doing physical therapy. She knows that I'm an athlete and I want to be able to take care of myself so she referred me to an actual sports medicine therapist. I haven't heard from them yet but I'm really excited to do therapy!

Aside from my back, I'm doing well.
Some of my friends asked me if I'm losing weight and I'm not. For some reason my face is looking a little slender but my body isn't. But you know what, I'm so happy - I made the comment to my friend that I remember when I used to be in amazing athletic shape but I wasn't any happier than I am now. My life is great and although I'm not in ideal shape, I really love who I am, my family and this life we have. I can lose the weight but I need to love who I am regardless of my size. .. I am lucky that I do. 



{THREE:} Family Updates
Everyone is doing really well. Matt is busy at work so when he gets home, he really just wants to relax and I don't blame him. He's been most helpful getting dinners ready and watching the kids while I've been attending appointments. While I'm gone, he's cleaning, doing laundry and other misc. stuff. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband.

My dad got great news at his doctors appointment on Thursday - He's completely cleared to resume normal activities after the next weekend. He can drive and pretty much do what he wants. Doc told him that he was even 2 weeks ahead of most patients which dad credited to his bull headed daughters making him get up and get going. Besides a few outbursts between my dad and siblings, dad has been doing great and I'm so proud of him.
Mom is also doing great. She worked every day this week and I think she was happy to be there. She was busy and that helped make the day go by quickly. 
To make things even better, Rebecca flew in from Georgia on Wednesday and I am so happy to have her here. 


{FOUR:}  Zeplin
So Zeplin has been a super awesome kid. He's acting like a little boy and not like a toddler. He tells his daddy, almost daily, that he wishes he could buy me more flowers because he knows it makes me happy.
One day I came home from a doctors appointment and pretended not to be his mom. I joked with him that I was his dad's girlfriend. Zeplin played along, calling me Madoosa, and telling his daddy that he missed his mommy. But towards the end of the night, he came up and gave me a kiss saying, “I know you're my mom. I was just messing with you.” It made me smile. He told me that I knew I was his mommy because of my boobies. hahahaha. I laughed so hard.

Michelle and I got our boys together for a fun play date this last Tuesday. They actually really enjoyed playing together (Usually they fight a little) but they had so much fun. Michelle and I chatted while Arrow snoozed almost the entire time. Michelle is due with her baby girl in less than 3 weeks. I can't wait to snuggle her beautiful baby!







Zeplin is such a good brother. On Monday, the two of them were playing while she was in her jumper. I had lifted her off the ground so she could swing instead. Zeplin was sitting in the hallway pushing her towards me when he grabbed her, pulled her close to him and whispered, “You're my best friend forever.” Then he swung her towards me and started pretending she was falling away from him, then reaching towards to pull her back yelling, “My best friend. Come back!”

She can't help but smile when he's around her. They have the cutest little bond.



{FIVE:}   Arrowlyn >>-----> 6 Months
Oh my heart - Why does time have to go by so quickly when you have babies and why do they have to grow up so fast?
Arrowlyn is such a sweetheart. She's always smiling, and laughing. Very rarely does she cry or fuss. All of my friends comment about how she could be so tired, (or currently ill) but never cry. I will admit, I've been lucky to have such a sweet daughter. I hope this calmness that she exhibits in her character will stick through her years.




I think Arrowlyn got a horrible cold from playing in this ballpit at Planet Kid. Either that or she got it from me taking her to work last week - wherever she got it, I feel horrible. She's gagging, coughing uncontrollably, with a runny nose and mucusy diapers. It's just hard to see your baby sick. This is now her 3rd cold since she was born. Hopefully she will get well soon. I'm turning to lots of Eucalyptus and peppermint diffusing in her room with a humidifier.

We love that she's beginning to sit up more. She's also very interested in animals, even our big dogs and Rex. She loves to take naps, and it amazing at putting herself to sleep. She's a side to side sleeper like her daddy. Zeplin was a tummy sleeper like me. 
Arrow can't get enough of her brother. All he has to do is look at her and she's all smiles. 






Arrowlyn is beginning to love toys and will try her hardest to keep them close to her. Arrowlyn also loves her bouncer! She will dance and jump during all the songs, laughing and smiling the entire time. We love to watch her having fun.




I still can't believe how much she's grown and changed. Her eyes are beginning to look more green like her daddy's and her hair is growing long and blonde. She's such a beautiful baby and we have random people telling us all the time - a few have even asked if they could hold her because “She's just so cute.” ... We agree and we aren't biased. lol


No comments