Zeplin Junior - {4yrs 11mo}


⊿  Zeplin is excelling in school and it's making me so proud. He loves to draw, write, color, cut and glue everything. He told me that he loves projects more than anything so Matt and I have been giving him more projects at home too.  He's learned how to write his last name and is now working on writing his street address.
Zeplin is also very excited about learning his phonics. I'm surprised at how well he's doing for them too.

Matt stayed home one day to help me get over a bug/migraine so he took Zeplin to school. While they were driving, Matt said that Zeplin told him, very sweetly, that he's so thankful to be in school and he loves going!!





 As for his at home projects, I've been having to buy printer paper like it's going to be discontinued. Matt and I laughed so hard when we found some of his drawings... One of them looked very very inappropriate but it turned out to be our minds in the gutter instead. We are going to get him an easel for Christmas so he can draw and color and paint to his hearts content!
Zeplin is also still really into Legos, Kinex and Perler beads. I love that he loves building things. He's really good at science, technology and construction things. I want to try and get him into a STEM school next year because I think he would really excel. 

At home we are working on his handwriting, especially with his name. It keeps getting sloppier and sloppier and I was getting fed up with it. He now has to write his name 10x a day and we go through and mark up the paper up determining which letters looked the best, worst, ect. He's doing really well and he looks forward to our 1 on 1 time doing his 'home work.'



⊿ Zeplin doesn't fight going to sleep anymore. But he sleeps so hard and has been having a lot of accidents lately. I feel bad getting mad at him but it's so frustrating to have to wash his sheets almost every day. Occasionally he will wake up and go back to sleep on his floor or downstairs on my couch







⊿ Oliver the cat is well loved by Zeplin. He loves to sleep with Zj and Z loves to cuddle and play with Oli. It's just too cute. 


⊿  Zeplin loves his daddy and really loves sharing in his love of music. Z decided recently that he loves to dance and it's quite adorable. He loves listening to Green Jelly, Primus and Led Zeppelin. 


⊿ I've been so proud of Zj's maturity lately. It's been a few months now that I've noticed his blossoming and ability to communicate on a better level. Sometimes he can get so wired and crazy and it sends me into a frenzy but he does such a good job of letting me know that I need to chill out and that he will try harder to chill himself. 

I'm so blessed to have this little man in my life. I can't believe he's going be 5 years old next month. I already have his party planned its going to be small and all about him!!! He deserves it!!


⊿ Last but not least (it's actually my favorite part to share),  my son's love for Jesus and Heavenly Father is so sweet, intimate and strong. 
Every morning, Zeplin and I listen to a song called Oceans by Hillsong. It's our favorite song. 
One Sunday morning, Matt and I were sitting at the kitchen table with Zeplin who was quietly listening to the lyrics of Oceans and playing with his Perler beads. 
Z started to hum to tune and then began to sing the lyrics as they sang, "I am yours and you are mine." I looked up at Matt with tears in my eyes because hearing my son sing those words would be all I could wish for him - to KNOW that he his God's son and God will always be there for him!!


No comments