Hysterectomy



It's scheduled - and basically unavoidable now. And I knew it was going to happen sooner than later. In the past year, I've had a saline ultrasound, CT Scan, and x-ray of my abdomen to figure out why I'm in so much pain, why I'm bleeding so much and to look for options to alleviate my symptoms before actually having surgery.

Doctor Carlson found a fibroid and cysts during my saline ultrasound and figures that's what is causing my heavy cycles. I ended up getting an IUD to stop the cycles. It helped but eventually I was bleeding randomly and everything was really strange to describe and super painful. 

I started peeing blood in the spring of 2023 and was referred to a urologist who did a cystoscopy and discovered nothing wrong with my bladder. I had a CT scan afterwards and apparently had kidney stones. I was supposed to catch my urine each time I went but never did and I never felt them pass. A few weeks later I had an x-ray to see if we could find them and they were gone. It's been a none issue since. 

My symptoms now include excruciating pain when I have to go to the bathroom. My lower right side feels like something is pinching my bowels and stabbing my bladder. It also feels like I have something heavy sitting on my hip. When my cycle comes, the cramping will send me to bed all day. Basically, I just endure a lot of terrible pain, every single day. 

Surgery is scheduled for Monday, January 22 at 1:45pm.

The great news about having a little bit of time to prepare is that I was able to get a good chunk of my to-do list done which included finishing the painting of all my bedroom furniture, considering I'll be spending almost all my recovery in my room. 











No comments