Eyes are for …. Reading & Tears.

Arrowlyn has some pretty near sighted eyes and they keep getting worse. We noticed that she was having to push her glasses against her eyes and squint in an attempt to see. I did not appreciate my new eye doctor and when her experience with him was just as bad, I knew it was time for a switch. I lucked into an eye appointment at a new facility and it was night/day difference for experience but it also brought to our attention that she was in the wrong prescription this entire time. She jumped from a -2.75 to a -4.5. I'm so bummed for her but we got her another pair of new glasses and she's thrilled. 
She loves to read and is always quick to read our nightly bible verses at the dinner table. 
I can't wait for her to see at the correct strength. 




Onto some tears - my mom's ability to stay in her home is becoming increasingly difficult without lack of permanent care. She fell down walking into one of her rooms and could not get back up. My dad, who turns 78 this year, could not get her up either. They had to call their neighbor to come over, pick her up and help to clean up her face that was covered in blood from carpet burn. When we called her the next day, she had black eyes, scabs on her nose and forehead from the carpet and her glasses. 


 I spent Sunday, the day I found out, in tears for my mom. It's so hard to know what exactly to do for her. She is in terrible pain from her knees and is confused with life. At her most recent doctor appointment, she could not remember that you call 911 in an emergency. She is also becoming agitated and only remembers the bad things from some experiences. It just breaks my heart. Our hands are tied until my dad figures out Medicaid but he keeps dragging his feet and it's making all of us siblings pretty angry. But I think this weekend was a big indicator that mom needs more than my dad can offer her considering their ages and disabilities. 

No comments